Lynden Dunn

titan_uranus

Guest MFC4Life
Not getting a mention at all across the different threads, I get the feeling he may be one we may look to trade this year. He'll eventually make it back I guess, but I don't know what position he should be played in.

He's not going anywhere. He needs confidence and form to get him back up to the best 22. We'd be mad to get rid of him as he has already shown that he CAN play football.

Round 9 has just been completed people. The date at present is the 26-05-2008. That's right, May.

Can we please leave all talk of trades until, say, round 18? It achieves nothing before this point, and even little at that point

Round 9 has just been completed people. The date at present is the 26-05-2008. That's right, May.

Can we please leave all talk of trades until, say, round 18? It achieves nothing before this point, and even little at that point

Yeah, I shouldn't be bringing up trade talk. I was more trying to make the point that he doesn't seem to be going anywhere and probably should be more of a regular by now.

Is in his 4th year now and is he in our best 22? No. If there going to play him as a midfielder we have a lot better players to fullfill that role. I won't be writing him off just yet but you'd like to think he'd improve within the next 2 years.

I don't know why we need a 6'4'' KPP running around in the centre, stick him in the forward line and let him throw his weight around up there. He is a strong mark, a good kick, can get physical when required....
Agree wholeheartedly - we should be buiding a forward line around him the Bater

Guest deewatt
Agree wholeheartedly - we should be buiding a forward line around him the Bater

Give the kid a go, he has been positioned all over the ground, put him in the forward line and he will be very valuable. He is obviously down on confidence and needs to be supported not knocked.

I don't know why we need a 6'4'' KPP running around in the centre, stick him in the forward line and let him throw his weight around up there. He is a strong mark, a good kick, can get physical when required....

I'm not convinced that he is a strong mark, that's been the major issue with him developing as a forward. He lacks markings skills, specifically overhead.

I'm not convinced that he is a strong mark, that's been the major issue with him developing as a forward. He lacks markings skills, specifically overhead.

Brush suffers from the same problem as some of our other players.

Coach writes all 18 positions down on a piece of paper and drops them in a hat.

Whatever he pulls out first, That's where Dunny plays.

Give the kid 10 solid weeks @ FF and I reckon we'd all be singing his praises

Not a stupid suggestion.

I see the Sandy report has Dunn providing run off the halfback flank.

Which is, on the whole, a bit disappointing. I have a feeling MFC are not going to need extra runners off halfback flank for a couple of years at least.

Though he was understandably patchy, Dunn showed some great goal-sense (by which I mean a talent for setting up goals as well as kicking them) in his first couple of matches. I also recall him taking a fair mark overhead and converting in the final against Freo in 06. I thought he was going to be a gun forward then.

But he played on the ball in 07 and that seemed to be that.

Can't really understand it myself: Neita and Robbo on last legs, Miller inconsistent, Bate also very young, Newton can't get on the park, Dunn looks promising... so turn him into a tagger?

It seems to me that they are grooming Dunn to be a tagger, as he has played that role when he has gone back to Sandy.

If you think about it, who do we have on our team once Jmac retires that will play as a tagger other than Bartram?

We need someone in the Ling, Sewell or Kirk mould who can tag the bigger onballers. Remember, none of those players were prolific ball winners early, but soon started to find alot of it after learning from the best.

I have my doubts about him forward, due to his lak of athleticism, especially gettting off the ground and overhead.

i definately cannot see dun as a tagger.. or midfielder.. his thought process and sicesion making ability is not up to scratch for these roles...

?Having said that when you clubs forwards are injured or not proforming why the hell would you put him in the guts or middle??

can he do any worse than miller? if not give him a go .. in struct him to make as many contests as possible in the forward line and if not mark bring the ball to ground for davey,aussie,greeny etc...

he seems to play his best when given one role and told to do it...

stay in the forward line... and dont stop running.. simple..

That said if he cant play well at vfl level... he doesnt deserve a spot in the ones...

Brush suffers from the same problem as some of our other players.

Coach writes all 18 positions down on a piece of paper and drops them in a hat.

Whatever he pulls out first, That's where Dunny plays.

Give the kid 10 solid weeks @ FF and I reckon we'd all be singing his praises

I highly doubt that, at this stage he hasn't even shown anything at VFL level to suggest he'd be a good AFL player.

I'd like to see Dunn played in a Ryan O'Keefe style role off a half forward flank. He's got a pretty good engine and would compliment Miller and Bate also pushing up the ground.

Agree totally. I think that is his role. And if only he was as good as Ryan O'Keefe!

I'd like to see Dunn played in a Ryan O'Keefe style role off a half forward flank. He's got a pretty good engine and would compliment Miller and Bate also pushing up the ground.

I remember his debut game vs Richmond, he played up forward and I remember thinking that we'd got onto a goal-kicking prospect. I think he needs to be tried as a forward.

Forward for me also. He seems to be have been given a chance to play midfield in practice and Sandy games, but hasn't set the world on fire. Definetely seems best suited to a role across half-forward with Bate. Miller needs some time inside F50 (as in start his leads from 10m out) to find out if he has got it.