AnyBody out there hear Dr Turf on SEN this Morning?

If Sam Newman bagged the board at Geelong or C Wilson bagged Richmond, nobody would say things like "I'm not listening unless they are pepared to do something." Turf's in the press and that's his job. He's been called a pickle for wanting Gutnick out and Sznondy in - that's more than half of us. It certainly in my mind that his brother lost his position on the board but that was under a different regime. His crime is being too passionate and revealing things we don't like to hear. Next we'll be arresting Brenda Nelson for "creating unrest".

Wrong.

I'm the one who called him a pickle and it's not just because he threw his weight behind Joe. It's the malevolent way he did it then and the fact that he's doing the same thing now. Criticism and especially constructive criticism of the club is always welcome but if all you can do is bag the place then you're a waste of time and that's why I think Dr. Turf is a pickle.

He's much better off playing the stupid clown but I'm not so sure that it's an act.

I went to the Leighoak to watch the crows game on the weekend, happy to spend some money for the club rather than just watch at a mates who has fox.

Gotta be honest though, that place is sterile as all get out.

The seating area in front of the two LCD's (which they couldn't even centre the image until quarter time), is OK but really shouldn't be in the middle of a thoroughfare.

The dining area down the bottom is more like an old peoples home, or a bingo hall, no atmosphere at all. And why exactly do you have to order the food seperate to the bar where you order drinks, thus having to wait for the staff to finish serving at the lower bar and then walk over to the food counter.....

A little more thought needs to go into it. Im not surprised its not making money.

I will persist with it because im more than happy to help the club, but our off field management skills are concerning.

yep and the sad thing is mordja is i hadnt been there for 5 years as i am stuck wandering around in the west lol.. i really hoped someone would get on here and say shut up you pickle because it had changed and was great and fun...

The issue you layed out was what i though when i first went there..

i used to play pool there when it was just a pub and that place used to be packed...a couple of pool tables nad thats it..

are the pokies still as bad as the were b4 i left?? people have stopped bleeding themselves dry in them?

on turfie -- he's one of the few people we have in the media with real passion for the club. occasionally someone will bob up & admit to being a melbourne supporter but I reckon turf is a proper supporter who shares our pain.

on pokies -- a plus about living in WA is that there aren't machines all over the place & hope the government never caves in to the obvious revenue lure. not sure that makes up for not being able to say goodbye to neita v. the tassie hawks, though.

Well don't listen.

Should he always preface his opinion with "I want to do ........ for the club and this is my opinion"?

As a supposed Melbourne person Real Demon, I don't want to hear you opinion on the club unless you want to do something to help.

..... No, I'm not listening.

Well don't listen.........that's well thought out.....thanks for that.

Did you even hear the interview with KB?

The last two times I have heard him on KB's show, he sounds like a guy screaming out for some football credibility, and with little knowledge of other clubs, uses the MFC as his fall back topic, and his easy out for a bit of discussion.

As a member (my help to the club) I don't want a supposed Melbourne person grandstanding on the radio telling the world what is wrong without being prepared to do his bit to fix the problem. I don't get on the radio and belt the club when it's down.......we have enough non Melbourne people ready to do that.

He's no journo, he's no ex player.......so from my point of view he's just a Melbourne supporter in the media............what is he hoping to achieve? Another board spill, some more instability, perhaps tarnish the clubs reputation a little more? He speaks as though the club or someone there has done him wrong in the past, not a passionate Melbourne person.

There's a difference between criticism and blatant cheap shots at the club.......Turf chose the latter!

We have copped it in the media all year about our financial plight, and he comes in and sinks the boot in as well, like he is telling something we don't already know!

But if your happy to hear your club continually put down in the media, especially by Melbourne people, then good luck to you.........pretty soon it starts to become a self fulfilling prophecy though!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.