• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AnyBody out there hear Dr Turf on SEN this Morning?

Dr Turf Has worked and been part of the club for years as has his Brother. He got stuck into the Board big Time today, called them incompetant, using the ZERO profit that lieghoak is making at present as a strong example. Would like to know how Correct this is. We must get our off field infrastructure into line quickly, or else we are wasting our time. Look at the interstate clubs-They all seem to rake it in. I honestly think the Dr knew what he was talking about.

Thoughts

As a member though i want solid answers. One thing i do know about the Dr is that he loves the Footy club. And if he does know a few things then we should all know them and work them out. I was concerned as i heard it.

Dr Turf Has worked and been part of the club for years as has his Brother. He got stuck into the Board big Time today, called them incompetant, using the ZERO profit that lieghoak is making at present as a strong example. Would like to know how Correct this is. We must get our off field infrastructure into line quickly, or else we are wasting our time. Look at the interstate clubs-They all seem to rake it in. I honestly think the Dr knew what he was talking about.

Thoughts

um....."lieghoak"...?

I watched last weeks game there. I actually quite like it...

The only thing is people would mostly rock up at interstate games. Which we lose. No-one enjoys themselves as much as you would like...

In a year where we're a flag chance it would be pretty good I reckon.

Not the first time he has potted the board this year.

I don't have a problem with criticism where it's due, but Dr.Turf never offers a solution to the problem, and is "too busy" to get more involved with the club because he has young kids and other commitments.

That's fine, but I think it's pretty pathetic to sit there and pot the board, when committed MFC people like Paul Gardner, with equally busy lives and careers, do the best they can to run the club.

My opinion of Dr.Turf is put up or shut up!

As a supposed Melbourne person Turf, I don't want to hear you opinion on the club unless you want to do something to help.

It seems to me that Dr. Turf would know a fair bit about incompetence because that's what he called Joe Gutnick when he supported the Szondy ticket that overthrew him. In other words, Turfie is one of the people who backed the group that came to power in 2001 and gave us Szondy and a succession of others like the idiot he had as CEO a few years ago who left the tax bill in the top drawer isntead of paying it.

Thanks Turfie but you're a pickle! :lol:

It seems to me that Dr. Turf would know a fair bit about incompetence because that's what he called Joe Gutnick when he supported the Szondy ticket that overthrew him. In other words, Turfie is one of the people who backed the group that came to power in 2001 and gave us Szondy and a succession of others like the idiot he had as CEO a few years ago who left the tax bill in the top drawer isntead of paying it.

Didn't Know that. Cool i must ring him one Tuesday and remind him of that!! Thankyou

Dr Turf Has worked and been part of the club for years as has his Brother.

I hate to sound stupid but can someone inform the apparently uninformed of who this guy is, what he does and what his connection to the club is etc.......

Cheers kids!!!

I hate to sound stupid but can someone inform the apparently uninformed of who this guy is, what he does and what his connection to the club is etc.......

Cheers kids!!!

he's been in the media off and on for a while... his expertise is in racing, but he's also a passionate melbourne supporter... appeared a lot on the fat when it was on the abc... now has spots on SEN on tuesday with KB and saturday morning on hutchy's show...

always been passionate about the club, but never in a position to provide solutions... he gives us his opinion, but it's just that, an opinion... as valid and informed as yours and mine I would dare say...

and yes i heard him on hungry for sport this morning...

not good to hear if what he said about leighoak is true... however his opinion is that of a passionate supporter... that's all... it doesn't carry any more weight than any other passionate melbourne supporter....

Spot on.

atleast he has people asking questions ... i could never see leighoak taking off.. how many supporters are in oakleigh???a closer venue to go to after matches would be beter or a proper social club area.. that pub on the corner with the skimpys is ideal lol

atleast he has people asking questions ... i could never see leighoak taking off.. how many supporters are in oakleigh???a closer venue to go to after matches would be beter or a proper social club area.. that pub on the corner with the skimpys is ideal lol

i think the issue with these venues is that they're not meant to be social clubs for the members... they're simply meant to be an external source of revenue for the club... the club may hold functions and things there, but this should only be secondary to running them as profitable businesses...

Dr Turf, aka John Rothfield, is someone who has an opinion on everything. He was fired from 3AW about 18 months ago for being too opinionated. His brother, Mark, has been on the Melbourne board for some time, I'm not sure if he still is though. So they are undoubtedly passionate Melbourne fans, and its good that Turf is continually putting us in the spotlight whenever he has a mike thrust in front of him. However most of the time it's in the negative tense. Maybe he could invest some of the $32 Million he received for selling a CBD car park block he owned 2 years ago back into the club?

Still, apart from Garry Lyon, which other 'Melbourne' media people are keeping us in the public eye nowadays, I say keep it up Doctor.

As a supposed Melbourne person Turf, I don't want to hear you opinion on the club unless you want to do something to help.

Well don't listen.

Should he always preface his opinion with "I want to do ........ for the club and this is my opinion"?

As a supposed Melbourne person Real Demon, I don't want to hear you opinion on the club unless you want to do something to help.

..... No, I'm not listening.

"I say keep it up Doctor."

They say "any publicity is good publicity", but I think Rothfield is going too far. I think his vitriolic potting of our Club in the media is so severe it's damaging.

I have no doubt he has a personal axe to grindf, probably because his brother is no longer on the Board.

His belittling of our Club is more damaging than the half-hearted support of the Demons expressed by Neil Mitchell and "John" of "Ross and John " on 3AW in the mornings.

If Sam Newman bagged the board at Geelong or C Wilson bagged Richmond, nobody would say things like "I'm not listening unless they are pepared to do something." Turf's in the press and that's his job. He's been called a pickle for wanting Gutnick out and Sznondy in - that's more than half of us. It certainly in my mind that his brother lost his position on the board but that was under a different regime. His crime is being too passionate and revealing things we don't like to hear. Next we'll be arresting Brenda Nelson for "creating unrest".

i think the issue with these venues is that they're not meant to be social clubs for the members... they're simply meant to be an external source of revenue for the club... the club may hold functions and things there, but this should only be secondary to running them as profitable businesses...

Quite true...although the bentliegh club used to feel more like a social club... when i went in to leighoak i actually expected to see some memrobilia..

but maybe things will change once the training all shifts..

Not the first time he has potted the board this year.

I don't have a problem with criticism where it's due, but Dr.Turf never offers a solution to the problem, and is "too busy" to get more involved with the club because he has young kids and other commitments.

That's fine, but I think it's pretty pathetic to sit there and pot the board, when committed MFC people like Paul Gardner, with equally busy lives and careers, do the best they can to run the club.

My opinion of Dr.Turf is put up or shut up!

Agree, it is so tiring to hear the same comments he makes but then offers sweet fark all to help. Actually offer solution to it Dr or shut up!