2 - Aaron Davey

1 - Simon Buckley

6 - Clint Bartram

5 - Cale Morton

4 - Nathan Jones

3 - Brent Moloney

2 - Aaron Davey

1 - Simon Buckley

Moloney? U serious? I'm one of Brent's biggest fans and will stick up for him when i think his game has been underrated, but no way was he in the votes today. He played on Thompson and managed to curb his influence somewhat, but took himself out of the game in the process. Break even score at best for Beamer IMO.

Moloney? U serious? I'm one of Brent's biggest fans and will stick up for him when i think his game has been underrated, but no way was he in the votes today. He played on Thompson and managed to curb his influence somewhat, but took himself out of the game in the process. Break even score at best for Beamer IMO.

I think he is using the ball a lot better ever since he was blasted by Bailey at quarter time of the Freo game. He kicked a goal today as well.

6. Morton - 18 touches and 3 goals in a classy, tidy effort. Looking good, but is built like a boundary umpire.

5. Green - best senior player on the day, only player to show any glimpse of leadership in the 25+ age group.

4. Wonaeamirri - looks so composed with the footy, doesn't waste possesion. Consistent thus far.

3. Bartram - completely blanketed McLeod, got a bit himself and kicked a goal. Return to form.

2. Buckley - ran the lines hard, generally used the ball better than in previous appearances. 24 disposals, 87.5% efficiency (was surprised by that to be honest)

1. Jones - good first hallf but faded in the 2nd. Found plenty of the ball and had the most clearances for the team, but disposal often left wanting

Bate (unlike last week's first half, was clean by hand and foot all day, worked hard and used it well), Davey (is at his best when he's taking 'em on, provided plenty of run), PJ (8 one-per-centers playing out of position in a backline under siege) all stiff to miss out.

I think he is using the ball a lot better ever since he was blasted by Bailey at quarter time of the Freo game. He kicked a goal today as well.

I agree, his skills have lifted, but he's still not hurting the opposition to the maximum of his capabilities. He can be far more damaging than he showed today-- i'd like to see him be more creative and take more risks. Looks like he's playing a bit of 'safe-footy' at the moment.

I love Beamer, he's probably my 2nd favorite player on the list and I want him to do well, but IMO he was no more than another 'also-ran' today. Did well holding Thompson to only 21 disposals, but had little influence himself.

edit: Interestingly, the afl site has Moloney's disposal effeciency at just 43.75% effective. I actually didnt think his skills were too bad today. Work that one out... :wacko:

Did anyone here actually attend the game?

I voted as i saw the game on tv at home on foxtel, but i'd be interested in hearing from some people who were at the match. I always find it a lot harder to give votes if u havent been able to see what players were doing around the ground and off the ball, etc.

Moloney 43% Effective Disposals. By my reckoning that makes 7 of his 16 touches hit their target. Not quite using the ball as he should.

Good to see jamar hit 100% of targets..........sorry, 100% of target.

I thought Jones tried really hard today. Along with Frawley who i think will learn a lot from what he's going through. Also thought Garland showed quite a bit, but still has to keep pushing up the hill as i think he still does too many things wrong, but is only young and only now getting decent game time.

Davey is getting back to himself of old, as i think he has been since Alwyn went out.

Valenti tried hard. Bartram gave a good run around, good to see him not bugger his ankle on that maggot ground. That's pretty much it i think.

Can't think about votes though

Brock McLean retains first place but Aussie is breathing down his neck ... (weighting = .49333)

36.293 Brock McLean

31.936 Austin Wonaemirri

22.728 Brad Miller

22.466 Paul Wheatley

21.660 Aaron Davey

21.188 Cameron Bruce

19.753 Cale Morton

19.106 Nathan Jones

17.882 Brad Green

14.504 Paul Johnson

12.282 Brent Moloney

10.685 Jared Rivers

10.482 Nathan Carroll

9.443 James McDonald

8.389 Colin Sylvia

8.132 Clint Bartram

5.904 Matthew Whelan

5.265 Russell Robertson

5.087 Jeff White

3.159 Matthew Bate

1.866 Lynden Dunn

1.805 Simon Buckley

1.143 Colin Garland

bate and morton should raffel it between them morton i think might be more consistant.. miller?????? excuse me but does his bad play come into it?? for every stumble holding up play, errant kick or handpass he should loss two possessions walking disaster area i was so happy when nicholson retired now we had his love child....

whelan would also be a big mover..

it just shows you how much we are relying on the kids to carry us through

I expect (hope) Bate to be the big mover in the second half of the year.

Yep I think so, looks like he's getting into the swing of things. Surely would have got some votes if the ball made it's way into the forward line a few more times in the second half Sunday. Think the main reason him and Valenti going quiet was the lack of footy going forward.

.. miller?????? excuse me but does his bad play come into it?? for every stumble holding up play, errant kick or handpass he should loss two possessions walking disaster area i was so happy when nicholson retired now we had his love child....

Good grief I've had it with you.......

Is it possible for you to get through one post in any subject at any time without wishing death upon one of our players as you did in another post somewhere. I'm thrilled to have been able to keep my well known opinion on Miller under wraps this year largely because he has played better, which obviously escapes you.

So for the love of god shut up and try sticking to the topics at hand, or I don't know support the players in our team, especially the ones that have actually improved.

Then again you are probably the type of person who cheers when we fail, just so you can berate Brad Miller, whether he deserves it or not.

And the unfortunate reality is its people like you that make this place far less enjoyable, and I have been around a long while.

Its sad really, so congratulations :angry: .

Good grief I've had it with you.......

Is it possible for you to get through one post in any subject at any time without wishing death upon one of our players as you did in another post somewhere. I'm thrilled to have been able to keep my well known opinion on Miller under wraps this year largely because he has played better, which obviously escapes you.

So for the love of god shut up and try sticking to the topics at hand, or I don't know support the players in our team, especially the ones that have actually improved.

Then again you are probably the type of person who cheers when we fail, just so you can berate Brad Miller, whether he deserves it or not.

And the unfortunate reality is its people like you that make this place far less enjoyable, and I have been around a long while.

Its sad really, so congratulations :angry: .

Sure i have no respect for the guy as a footballer but if you read most of my posts i dont reflect that on him as a person or the fact that it cant be fixed... i think he seriously needs some help learning what to do on the field.

I dont bag all our players, i have strong opinions on one thats it.. i study his game and look at it with a fair and open mind everytime.. not my fault he shoots himself in the foot.. as for sticking to the topics at hand i do.. he is third on the list..

and as for supporting playersread more of my posts...

Cheers when we fail?? do you think someone who has followed them for 35 years is that stupid to cheer failure...i go to our support base near us every week...

as for making this place less enjoyable .. if you get me ten m's of people who dont want me here i will leave simple.. i am not here to talk about myself , you or anything but the melbourne football club.. but good for you for making it personal...