• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Green won't re-sign this year

amazing how positive you are when you aren't talking about melbourne.

reality check; waite is a freak athlete.....want me to retrace some of your comments about naitanui being a freak athlete?

o'hailpin is getting there.....hmmmm...thats not ok according to you for most of our players. thats 2 suspect key-position players, and they gave up their best to get judd.

i don't even need to address the fev comment, i assume your joking.

Waite has proven he can play football - something Naitanui has yet to prove in the AFL

O'hAilpin has only been playing probably 4 years now and does a reasonable job at full back (even if Carlton supporters cringe everytime he gets the ball)

Why would you assume I'm joking on the Fev comment? He seems one of those guys that plays better in bigger matches, on bigger stages eg Heritage match and his record against Collingwood

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Greeny last night in Launceston out at the nightclub... Went up and introduced myself and informed the man that i was a passionate supporter and that he shoul stick with us and resign....

Our drunken words hopefully ment something...

Got a photo with the local boy and we had a good laugh...

I said that Cameron Bruce was a soft footballer and he laughed back and nodded in agreement...

Probably wouldnt admit it now but he had a few by then....

Funny stuff.....

He was doing some damage on the D-Floor but his Bruce acknowledgement was solid GOLD!!!!!!!

Saw Greeny last night in Launceston out at the nightclub... Went up and introduced myself and informed the man that i was a passionate supporter and that he shoul stick with us and resign....

I said that Cameron Bruce was a soft footballer and he laughed back and nodded in agreement...

Funny stuff.....

He was doing some damage on the D-Floor but his Bruce acknowledgement was solid GOLD!!!!!!!

was robbo there doing karaoke?

Funny stuff.....

I imagine the last thing he wanted to do was get in an argument with some fan at a pub. Humouring someone can be the easy way out.

I imagine the last thing he wanted to do was get in an argument with some fan at a pub. Humouring someone can be the easy way out.

Completely agree.

When out on the town, footballers get approached by all sorts of the flotsam of life with their analytical views and football insights. I am sure that when Green heard the comments that label another AFL footballer being "soft", it would have triggered the defensive mechanism to smile, glance at the watch and exit the scene.

Even more amusing is that Green's response has been taken as confirmation of the supporter's own analysis. Even after a "few", Green had the good sense to correctly assess the situation.

Funny stuff.....

Nah, behind that laugh (snigger), Green was probably saying to himself, "who's this f#ckwit think he is". However, he had the good sense to laugh it off.

Faster?

Dutchy would easily be the slowest player in the AFL at this point in time

Yeah, I was taking the [censored] a little there.

Anyway, I don't rate O'hAilpin at all. I gave him my best rose-coloured glasses for some reason, but that wore off and now I just don't see a future for him.

Completely agree.

When out on the town, footballers get approached by all sorts of the flotsam of life with their analytical views and football insights. I am sure that when Green heard the comments that label another AFL footballer being "soft", it would have triggered the defensive mechanism to smile, glance at the watch and exit the scene.

Even more amusing is that Green's response has been taken as confirmation of the supporter's own analysis. Even after a "few", Green had the good sense to correctly assess the situation.

U idiiot...

I assure that being around the same age and even knowing Greens girlfriend of 10 years there no know acting in our convo Sat night..

We chatted for a few minutes and he had a good convo.. If you think he was laughing the C Bruce accuasation off then you are being a fool and calling me a liar....

Cant you guys just accept that C Bruce is actually soft and a teamate and friend even acknowledged it.....

Do you not thnk around the club they might even label him as a marshmellow....

Your not a lawyer and you certailny didnt witniss the convo me and Grenny had so stop trying to evaluate the credibility of it...

This wasnt a suituation where i apptroach him at the Spearmint Rhino smashedoff our faces..

I asure you he concured with the thought theat Brucey depsite being a good player when consitent is a bit soft...

U idiiot...

I assure that being around the same age and even knowing Greens girlfriend of 10 years there no know acting in our convo Sat night..

We chatted for a few minutes and he had a good convo.. If you think he was laughing the C Bruce accuasation off then you are being a fool and calling me a liar....

Cant you guys just accept that C Bruce is actually soft and a teamate and friend even acknowledged it.....

Your not a lawyer and you certailny didnt witniss the convo me and Grenny had so stop trying to evaluate the credibility of it...

This wasnt a suituation where i apptroach him at the Spearmint Rhino smashedoff our faces..

I asure you he concured with the thought theat Brucey depsite being a good player when consitent is a bit soft...

Bruce at least mixes it up in the midfield and gets an occasional hard ball, which is better than what green does.

Like I said sensible footballers learn to judge a situation properly and act accordingly.

Did he trust you with any other deep insights?

Ummm....

No and no.

Can't you see how it only hurts MFC to have people gasbagging about their own players in this way?

True or not, you're not helping anyone, or offering any more understanding on behalf of the club or its supporters. Or Cam and Greeny.

Ummm....

No and no.

Can't you see how it only hurts MFC to have people gasbagging about their own players in this way?

True or not, you're not helping anyone, or offering any more understanding on behalf of the club or its supporters. Or Cam and Greeny.

I always wonder about people who have never played anywhere near AFL have a need to label AFL footballers, particularly a footballer who has played in excess of 100 games as soft. More revealing about the perpetrator than the target.

Ummm....

No and no.

You sound like your on the current board, 'Dappa'. All apologetic for players softcomings & no calling spades, spades.

thank goodness Bailey is here, I am sure he'll weed these self propogating velvet blushes out.

U idiiot...

Dno if you know this but it has been on record many times that those two are great mates. I have often called my mates soft as well, doesn't make it true.

Plus he did the right thing by you. I can't count the amount of times after one of my games did some guy at the bar gave his 2 cents on the inner workings of the club and the people involved in it, team mates/coaches. Guess what I did everytime, smiled.

In fact I remember a few years ago at a party I was with a group of mates from school who all played Eastern Rangers and met the not drafted yet Matthew Bate. Later that night I was just talking to a bloke I knew who at the time was Baters best mate. Some guy after Bate left came up to us and said Matt sucks, he is soft and doesn't have a good footy brain, no need to argue with a drunken idiot, so he just smiled and said yeah you may be right there. When the guy left he said what a [censored].

Yeah, I was taking the [censored] a little there.

Anyway, I don't rate O'hAilpin at all. I gave him my best rose-coloured glasses for some reason, but that wore off and now I just don't see a future for him.

lol don't get me wrong, I don't really rate O'hAilpin either but guys that are 2metres tall and can run don't come around that often.

I still think he'd be handy as a 3rd tall much the same as what Roberts-Thompson was for Sydney in their premiership year

Funny stuff.....

Hm.

That’s a compelling story.

Very probably the best thing I’ve ever read on this forum.

I imagine everyone admires you like some sort of God-King-Hero-Warrior now.

I guess that makes you ‘the man’.

**Sigh**

And I had my own hopes and dreams set on being ‘the man’. Oh well.

I’d ask for an autograph, but as this is only virtual reality and all, can I please have a digitised or scanned copy of the photograph of you and Brad Green, hanging out at a Launceston bar together?

That would really make my day.

Yr admiring fan,

jikajika

You sound like your on the current board, 'Dappa'. All apologetic for players softcomings & no calling spades, spades.

thank goodness Bailey is here, I am sure he'll weed these self propogating velvet blushes out.

Yeah, and you're so hard... Coming on a fan website and hiding behind your callsign, taking pot-shots at a player and his club that knows it has inherent problems...

Bruce has done more for MFC than you ever will mate, so I'll continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I make no apologies for Cam. I know what he is as a player, and if you had the forethought to do some research you'd see I've been fair and firm in both my positive and negative comments about him.

What I object to is people coming on and claiming personal conversations took place, in which players disrespected other players. What good does it do? Does it make you feel better to string Cameron up? Does it help to unite a club that is struggling on every level, including attracting supporters and developing a culture? Is becoming like Richmond, and turning on your own players at every opportunity the right path?

You want to see soft? Look in the mirror. And if you think Bailey alone will weed out the problems we have, then thank god YOU'RE not on the current board.

Maybe... Just maybe the "self-propogating" issues we have as a club happen DESPITE Cameron's best efforts to improve our footy, not because of them...

Sometimes, I wonder why anyone on here bothers to follow this club when all-knowing posters like you inform us of how to feel about MFC. Thank God you're here to show us the way, eh?

Personally, I hope Green stays......

But as has been said a few times by far more important people in here than me, if he wants out (and we have not seem or heard any confirmed or even remotely reliable information to say that it is, this thread starter aside) then there is the door, don't let it hit ya and we will get the best we can in trade.

Having said that I genuinely hope that it is not, I like Green as a player and a person, and I honestly think he has more leadership qualities than some of the boobs in our current leadership group. I also like the way he is currently playing and there are people we should be getting rid of first.

Just my opinion (and I am not getting into the drunken night out story, I just hope he had a good time) :) !!!

Personally, I hope Green stays......

But as has been said a few times by far more important people in here than me, if he wants out (and we have not seem or heard any confirmed or even remotely reliable information to say that it is, this thread starter aside) then there is the door, don't let it hit ya and we will get the best we can in trade.

Having said that I genuinely hope that it is not, I like Green as a player and a person, and I honestly think he has more leadership qualities than some of the boobs in our current leadership group. I also like the way he is currently playing and there are people we should be getting rid of first.

Just my opinion (and I am not getting into the drunken night out story, I just hope he had a good time) :) !!!

I think that's sensible... except for the hit ya part. He's given good service, and we'll trade him if it SUITS US. If he also WANTS to go then that's an advantage. But if the club sees him as a required player, and he still wants out, I'm confident we'll get what we want. Green is no Judd...