Semi-OT: Judd

praha

I thought of Judd after reading this post from a Bigfooty poster in reference to someone saying Judd should just be treated as a normal opponent and therefore not booed:

Welcome to Subiaco Oval. Upon entry, we request that you complete this short questionnaire.

Did you:

(A) Captain the team you are opposing to a premiership?

(B) Benefit greatly through team and individual success from playing in a talented team which was partially structured around your talents?

© Claim during 2007 that the only place you would like to live in 2008 was Claremont?

(D) Leave your opponent (whilst Captain, during a tumultuous period when leadership was required), citing 'being close to friends and family' as your reasons?

(E) Narrow your choice of preferred clubs down to a list of 4, based on the prospects for your future career, including training facilities?

(F) Narrow your list down to one club (in the process eliminating the club you supported as a child which was also in need of leadership and quality experienced players, and the only club on the list of 4 to experience finals football in 2007), that being the worst performed club over the last 5 years with relatively poor facilities, which happens to have a billionaire president, and demand to be traded to that club only?

(G) Do you now work as an environmental ambassador for the company owned by the aforementioned billionaire?

(H) Are you a smug, arrogant, conceited individual?

(I) All of the above.

If you answered yes to one or any of the above, then unfortunately you do not qualify as 'any other visiting player'.

Thank you and good day.

I didn't think Chris Judd was ever going to choose Melbourne. The sad thing is, I know a few Eagles supporters and I've read a few opinion who expected and wanted him to come to Melbourne. This perception had a lot to do with his (perceived) personality of him being a genuine guy with somewhat sense of loyalty.

Had he chosen Melbourne, I don't think Eagles fans would have booed him as aggressively as they did tonight when we would travel there.

I think that Eagles supporter summed up Judd perfectly. Upon leaving WC and going to Carlton, I genuinely think he lost a lot of respect from the football public, especially those who look into it a little close then the obvious. He had the potential to become a genuine superstar with a quiet personality and special traits that replicate the charasmatic feeling generated from Michael Jordan, but the quiet confidence generated from Tiger Woods. Now, to me, he's just a really, really good player with the potential to become a great player. If you have a look at the great players, they were very rarely hated by opposition supporters: Ablett, Lockett, Carey etc. Instead, they were admired. Now, evertime I see Judd, I just envy Carlton and my hatred for the man increases. He now comes off as a conieving, money hungry traitor that bails at any sign of trouble. I pray to god Carlton continues to draft poorly (though I don't think they will)

Sorry for this rant, a little drunk :S

(F) Narrow your list down to one club (in the process eliminating the club you supported as a child which was also in need of leadership and quality experienced players, and the only club on the list of 4 to experience finals football in 2007)

How could they get that so wrong ? We didn't and Collingwood did.

Its written as two separate clubs, what's wrong with that?

The club he barracked for as a kid (us) and the only club to have made the finals in 07 (Collingwood)

Its written as two separate clubs, what's wrong with that?

The club he barracked for as a kid (us) and the only club to have made the finals in 07 (Collingwood)

I've never liked ambiguity, or poorly structured sentences.

I don't often read your offerings. :lol:

Judd will be forever tainted by a little edge of 'mercenary' in his reputation.

We'll look back in years to come and think it was just bizarre that a player could shop around for clubs, have them spread their legs for him to take a look, and even get his current club to only deal with the one he selected to go to.

Not sure if it's been quoted on here or not, but in an interview with Daniel Kerr, Kerr was quoted as having had a conversation with Judd during last week in the lead-up to the Blues/Eagles game.

When Kerr mentioned the game was a sellout Judd said "the Juddman can still pull a crowd".

I used to think he was a practical, down to earth, humble sort of a guy, but I was waaaaaaay off. What a [censored]!

PLEASE DON'T BOO JUDDY

When Kerr mentioned the game was a sellout Judd said "the Juddman can still pull a crowd".

I used to think he was a practical, down to earth, humble sort of a guy, but I was waaaaaaay off. What a [censored]!

PLEASE DON'T BOO JUDDY

FFS. How pathetic that he's being publicly judged by a group of forum peanuts about a private joke and conversation with one of his best mates. They once shared a house together.

Btw, do I like him ? No.

Not sure if it's been quoted on here or not, but in an interview with Daniel Kerr, Kerr was quoted as having had a conversation with Judd during last week in the lead-up to the Blues/Eagles game.

PLEASE DON'T BOO JUDDY

I read that as well and thought the same thing. Talking about himself in the third person hehehe.

FFS. How pathetic that he's being publicly judged by a group of forum peanuts about a private joke and conversation with one of his best mates. They once shared a house together.

Btw, do I like him ? No.

are we talking about the same kind of "peanut's" who loved him before he chose carlton instead of us? put yourself in that same pathetic category.

On top of the already mentioned reason to dislike the nob, how sickening is it to listen to football commntators drooling over every thing he does? "The Great Man" is how most of SEN now refer to him. And the soft frees he gets also. :rolleyes: In the space of 6 or so months he has gone from ono of my most liked non-MFC players to the guy I'd like to see hurt the most. How times change...

are we talking about the same kind of "peanut's" who loved him before he chose carlton instead of us? put yourself in that same pathetic category.

It was a must that we recruited Judd. Thoughtful people knew this.

And may God condemn his soul.

Judd played well last night, he lifted the Blues when they needed it in the third quarter. He wasn't the most dominant, but was one of the most effective. He took the heat off a lot of his Carlton team mates. (most of Carazzo's possessions were rubbish BTW, no wonder no one runs with him - he's a turn over merchant).

What was interesting is that apart from a brief rally - there was very little leadership or strength of unity about the West Coast cause. Stenglein and Cox were really the only two leaders out there (apologies to glass who like Cox was obviously injured) Fletcher was his usual junk delivery self, Waters & Nicoski were dreadful as were a lot of their younger players that looked good when introduced to a successful Eagles side last year or the year before - now they're struggling. They still have a few to come back in, but even so. I thought Buckley's comments about Embley's "junk" possessions were about right.

Judd played well last night, he lifted the Blues when they needed it in the third quarter. He wasn't the most dominant, but was one of the most effective. He took the heat off a lot of his Carlton team mates. (most of Carazzo's possessions were rubbish BTW, no wonder no one runs with him - he's a turn over merchant).

What was interesting is that apart from a brief rally - there was very little leadership or strength of unity about the West Coast cause. Stenglein and Cox were really the only two leaders out there (apologies to glass who like Cox was obviously injured) Fletcher was his usual junk delivery self, Waters & Nicoski were dreadful as were a lot of their younger players that looked good when introduced to a successful Eagles side last year or the year before - now they're struggling. They still have a few to come back in, but even so. I thought Buckley's comments about Embley's "junk" possessions were about right.

Agree Graz.

Apart from Cox and Stenglein, their senior players were mentally elsewhere. They were lifeless from the 1st bounce and lucky to be still in it at 1/4 time. A few players looked as though they would rather be elsewhere.

I suspect they are still searching for their lowest point even though they have some to return from injury.

More pain for WCE going forward and its a fall out that has been formenting for years and really came to light when Benny ran from the booze bus.

I suspect they are still searching for their lowest point even though they have some to return from injury.

More pain for WCE going forward and its a fall out that has been formenting for years and really came to light when Benny ran from the booze bus.

Sorry forgot to mention Kennedy, who more than a few thought was rubbish when he was traded. He looked alright last night.