Austin Wonaeamirri

IWAP

Watching the game yesterday, i think one thing that hasn't been mentioned much about Aussie is his work rate. He ran as hard as anyone on he team when we had the ball, and when we didn't.

I agree, I was really impressed the amount of times he chased opponents when we didn't have the ball. Unfortunately I think a lot of that running was wasted.

There were a few times where he sprinted after someone who was clearly too far ahead to be caught. He needs to learn when to chase, and when to conserve his energy, ala Davey.

That being said, given his last quarter performance, fitness doesn’t seem like it is an issue

Where does everyone see his future position? Is he destined to be a goalsneak, or might he develop into a midfielder down the track?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhino Richards - wil always be know as the man who said Wonna was a dud that would never make it

Oh dear, RR!

Rhino Richards - wil always be know as the man who said Wonna was a dud that would never make it

Oh dear, RR!

Geeze you talk crap

Rhino along with a few others were being OBJECTIVE about Austin,s 5 games he has played for the demons

Nobody here has ever said Austin is a dud

You should go barrack for Collingwood as that club would suit your one eyed tunnel vision views on football

Oh dear, RR!

Are we forgetting something? You'll always be the guy that rates Bruce as a hack and calls for him to be dropped after he gets 31 possessions, ten of them in the last quarter of the second greatest comeback of all time...

Glass house?

Its posts like that which remove any doubts I had about you Little. Another wingnut that does not read the thread.

I read the thread title just fine Rhino. You were the one who said Austin was a fringe player not i.

Like fonzie occassionally you were w w w wr wro wrong.

Russel Richards was certainly a fringe player though, that i do remember!!

Are we forgetting something? You'll always be the guy that rates Bruce as a hack and calls for him to be dropped after he gets 31 possessions, ten of them in the last quarter of the second greatest comeback of all time...

Glass house?

When did I ever call Bruce a hack?

I look forward to your response.

Its posts like that which remove any doubts I had about you Little. Another wingnut that does not read the thread.

I read the thread title just fine Rhino. You were the one who said Austin was a fringe player not i.

I said another wingnut that does not read the thread only just the title.

Before Sunday he was a fringe player and as I have pointed he stepped up against the Dockers.

Another vacuous hero incorrectly point scoring off misconstrued hindsight.

Russel Richards was certainly a fringe player though, that i do remember!!

Depends on how YOU interpret the word fringe

But to me calling someone a DUD ike Yze_Magic suggested is quite differnt to calling someone a fringe player

I said another wingnut that does not read the thread only just the title.

Before Sunday he was a fringe player and as I have pointed he stepped up against the Dockers.

Another vacuous hero incorrectly point scoring off misconstrued hindsight.

But i always considered Austin above a fringe player before sunday, as i said he was the reason and the only reason i made the trip into the game on sunday was him.

Before Sunday he was the only player who stood up and wanted to attack.

When did I ever call Bruce a hack?

I look forward to your response.

You may not have used the word "hack" but you have used many others to reflect the same thing. Here is one for starters......

I have had enough of this pretender. The usual crap from him today. Soft, crap skills, junktime possessions.

He has a heart the size of a pea. He would be on about $400,000 a year. An absolute joke and boy does it get my blood boiling that this pansy can make so much, and not give a stuff about the jumper.

Whoever said he should be next Captain, please put ypur hand up in this thread. What the hell were you thinking?

Keep sticking the pins in the No 32 doll.

But i always considered Austin above a fringe player before sunday, as i said he was the reason and the only reason i made the trip into the game on sunday was him.

Before Sunday he was the only player who stood up and wanted to attack.

If you are trying to imply that Wonas game on Sunday was a similar standard to his past games... dont fool yourself.

He stepped up quite a few notches on Sunday. He did some nice things before but he was a far better player out there on Sunday.

And I wouldnt dare accuse you of flossing when you re-write a bit of history after the event. ;)

If you are trying to imply that Wonas game on Sunday was a similar standard to his past games... dont fool yourself.

He stepped up quite a few notches on Sunday. He did some nice things before but he was a far better player out there on Sunday.

And I wouldnt dare accuse you of flossing when you re-write a bit of history after the event. ;)

Put it this way-it didn't suprise me that he fired up on sunday-It had been building and was going to happen. Certain people have it, maybe for a short time granted, but Austen has it. I don't want to argue Rhino- we love the same team- Just enjoy the kid while its there Buddy. Nothing in life is solid or forever

I don't want to argue Rhino- we love the same team- Just enjoy the kid while its there Buddy. Nothing in life is solid or forever

Agree with your sentiments. Its just makes your original swipe silly.

Lets move on.

Watching RR's performance in this thread is like seeing someone drown in quicksand, the more he struggled the worse it became...

Anyay, back to the actual topic...

Wonaeamirri is a good little player, however I doubt that he'll ever get into the 'elite' class. That's not a problem though because if he continues just doing what a forward pocket is expected (reading the ball off a contested mark, applying forward pressure, creating space and options) then he'll compliment this team going forward beautifully.

Loved watching his unbridled passion and joy and made Farmer look like the pretentious p**** that he is.

• 3 weeks later...

Wonaeamirri is a good little player, however I doubt that he'll ever get into the 'elite' class.

In time, I think that you'll reassess this opinion.

He's far better than I imagined and has an exceptional future. Leon Davis, who is rightly being lauded for a fine year, has taken until his 9th season to surpass Aussie's year thus far. In his previous 8 years his stats don't measure up to what Wonaeamirri has so far dished up.

Whilst they bring different qualities to the Dees, I am already certain that Aussie will be remembered as a far superior player to Davey.

And I am prepared to eat a little humble pie.

In time, I think that you'll reassess this opinion.

He's far better than I imagined and has an exceptional future. Leon Davis, who is rightly being lauded for a fine year, has taken until his 9th season to surpass Aussie's year thus far. In his previous 8 years his stats don't measure up to what Wonaeamirri has so far dished.

Whilst they bring different qualities to the Dees, I already am certain that Aussie will be remembered as a far suprior player to Davey.

And I am prepared to eat a little humble pie.

His vision and quick hands in packs was what really impressed me about the kid.

His vision and quick hands in packs was what really impressed me about the kid.

The handball from the pack to Bruce was a beauty. Pity about the subsequent kick from #32.

Like Hannabal I've done a full 180 on Wonaeamirri.