Changes v Fremantle

Gouga

Hopefully this weeks review leads to a new resolve to give more opportunities to kids.

Outs:

Bartram - I just don't think he is doing enough. Number one offender when it comes to handballing to a team mate under the pump. Kicking today was ordinary.

Bell - Too many turn overs. Either gets caught with the ball, gives away a free kick or kicks it to the opposition. Needs to go back to Sandy and work on awareness, discipline and skills.

Carroll - Good for the first four weeks. Missing the last two. Makes way for Martin.

Dunn - Feel a bit sorry for Dunny. Has not been given the opportunity to settle in a position. Either way he has failed to get into games and needs to go back to Sandy and dominate one position.

Robertson - I admit he hasn't had any help but that does not excuse his second rate attack on the ball and his constant refusal to keep his feet in contests allowing opposition backmen the chance to clear.

Warnock - Good form at sandy is not enough to justify selection. We need to play players that can have an impact on the team performance. this is not warnock. Just a player.

Ins:

Bate - We need his presence at half forward. His strong marks and long kicks are two big assets we can't continue to ignore.

Buckley - Looked good off the HBF for Sandy. Will make mistakes but if he is gonna make it needs game time.

Martin - Might be a risky selection but has shown enough at sandy to roll the dice. If nothing he is a big body that can spoil the ball. Give him Pavlich.

Newton - Our forward line is not functioning. we need avenues to goal.

Valenti - Promote and select. Can win his own ball and uses it well. Lets not die wondering about whether this bloke can make it or not.

Whelan - Anybody that can use the ball in the back half is required.

B: Frawley, Martin, Whelan

HB: Buckley, Rivers, Sylvia

C: Bruce, Jones, Green

HF: Bate, Miller, Davey

F: Jamar, Newton, Wonaeamirri

FOLL: White, McLean, Valenti

I/C: McDonald, Moloney, Morton, Wheatley

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartram is a worry. Earlier in the year I labelled him another Godfrey, honest trier with poor skills, and sadly nothing has happened since to change my mind

Drop McLean, got his pants pulled down last week, today wasted space, will not or should be our next skipper on his form.

I thought Warnock deserves another chance because he showed some courage, and his disposal was pretty good. However, i would like to see Martin in as well, so maybe he can come in for Jamar and do some back up ruckwork.

I think Dunn has been given some negating roles, like TJ today, who didn't have a big impact on today's game. We don't have too many players who do a decent job in stopping opposing players, so i would prefer to see some persistence with Dunn.

Agree with most of the others, but wouldn't mind seeing Maric as well, even at the expense of Davey, who has been poor for all but one game this year.

Gets plenty of it and uses it better than most. In no way should be dropped.

I don't mean to be rude but did you watch his game, he gave up chasing missed tackles, and looked disinterested throughout the match, with our list and the way we are playing champions stand up.

Caroll plays! Martin is a prospect, Caroll may not be a fan Fav, but he is solid and deserves his spot.

Batram did miss a year of footy, and playing with THIS team is not going to help him build confidence. don't give up on him just yet. That said, time in the 2nds could only do him good

Dunn is more useful than miller. Dunn stays -miller to the zebs.

Bell- worries me, not in good form, but is a good enough player to bounce back. Maybe a week off would do him some good.

Robbo- has had 6 chances, is running out of chances very quickly.

Bucks, bate and newton in for me thanks guys. Maybe a garland swap for Warnock could be in order.

I don't mean to be rude but did you watch his game, he gave up chasing missed tackles, and looked disinterested throughout the match, with our list and the way we are playing champions stand up.

Sure did. He wasn't in our best but a long way from our worst.

Caroll plays! Martin is a prospect, Caroll may not be a fan Fav, but he is solid and deserves his spot.

Speak for yourself, i love Chopper make him Captain.

He doesnt have all the skills, but if every player on our list had his in your face in your head attitude we would win flag after flag after flag.

Should be looked at (re. ommisions) -

Cale Morton; not simply because of form but the pace of the game must be taking a toll on him he is so slight. Playing amongst this rabble must be eroding his confidence somewhat as well..

Lynden Dunn; a bit similar to Morton however is a 4th year player now - is struggling to have an impact on games.

Daniel Bell; simply not playing good footy at the moment.

Robertson; see Bell

Davey; not playing AFL standard footy

Jamar; surely we've seen enough of his (limited) abilities now.

Carroll; not because of form per se but is not the future would like to see Garland, Frawley etc tried in KDP's for a bit.

Should be looked at (re.promotion) -

Buckley; Is hard at it, can find the footy and has a bit of pace what our team lacks. His skill level isn't great but I can forgive that in a 20 year old when his senior colleagues are guilty of the same offences.

Bate; Is surely in our best 22 when fit.

Yze; Form has been good at Sandringham and there is no point having him on the list if he is no chance for senior selection.

CJ; see Yze

Maric; the situation we are in, hope needs to be sold to the fans. Can't see Davey, Maric and Wona in the same 22 though, although the latter two deserve a game more than the former.

Garland; has played well at Sandy and was a late withdrawal today.

Meesen/Martin; anyone but Jamar policy.

Valenti; give him a run.

Out - Robertson, White, Bruce, Wheatley, Miller, Jamar, Bell, Carroll

In - Maric, Valenti, Whelan, Buckley, Martin, Bate, P.Johnson, Meesen

B - Whelan Frawley Martin

HB - Buckley Rivers Warnock

C - Morton Dunn Sylvia

HF - Wonemarri Bate Bartram

F - Maric Green Davey

R - P.Johnson Jones Valenti

I/C - McLean McDonald Meesen Moloney

Out - Robertson, White, Bruce, Wheatley, Miller, Jamar, Bell, Carroll

In - Maric, Valenti, Whelan, Buckley, Martin, Bate, P.Johnson, Meesen

B - Whelan Frawley Martin

HB - Buckley Rivers Warnock

C - Morton Dunn Sylvia

HF - Wonemarri Bate Bartram

F - Maric Green Davey

R - P.Johnson Jones Valenti

I/C - McLean McDonald Meesen Moloney

Wouldn't mind that back line to evolve by round 22.

there isn't anyone who's a glaring ommission...yet at the same time we are so crap that it would make sense that half the team don't deserve to be out there.

our problem is that all our players are just plain ordinary. most would probably be alright decent footballer is other sides if they were the 22nd best player.

bring in Bate FFS he's one of our best players and sir Bailey can't find a spot for him in this rabble?

In: Bate, Buckley (i like the way he plays), Maric, Martin, Valenti

Out: they're all average so much of a muchness