Zebras Practice Match v Scorpions at Casey Fields

Have been advised that the times for this Saturday's practice match against Casey Scorpions at Casey Fields have changed.

The Seniors will begin at 4.45pm with the reserves to follow at 7.15pm.

Please also note that these matches will follow the NAB Challenge match between Melbourne and North Melbourne.

Parking will be available for Sandringham members and supporters at the ground.

Venue: Casey Fields Pavillion - 160 Berwick/Cranbourne RD Cranbourne East 3977 (Melways Ref 134 D7)

Probably a bit of common sense there, I suspect I'll be parked a mile away for the AFL match, but should have no issues moving the car at half time of the Sandy game a bit closer to the ground.

Here are tomorrow's teams (MFC players highlighted in red)

Sandringham v Casey

Seniors

1. Gilchrist Rennie

2. Paterakis Tom

5. Monaghan Sam

7. Valenti Shane

10. Summers Peter

13. Martin Stef

14. Johnston Marc

16. Biddlecombe Andy

18. Maric Addam

20. Lamb Chris

22. Meesen John

26. Cheney Kyle

28. McNamara Tom

31. Wheatley Paul

33. Liddell Chad

35. Zomer Trent

36. Johnston Tomi

37. Warnock Matthew

39. Holland Ben

40. Jamar Mark

41. Dunn Lynden

48. Bode Jace

49. Plymin Jarrod

50. Dean Tom

56. Gribbin Daniel

74. Bartram Clint

78. Rivers Jared

79. Whelan Matthew

Sandringham v Casey

Reserves

3. Martyn Guy

6. Vickers Jack

24. Fleming Andrew

25. Liddell Brett

38. Zarra Phil

43. Shakaib Hiwad

45. Hardiman Madison

46. Dunne Dominic

52. Davies Boeh

53. Cleeve Stuart

54. Lockwood Scott

55. Challman Luke

57. Tregear Shane

58. Born Daniel

60. Hine Mathew

61. Gilder Brad

64. Ayton Dylan

67. Gileno Adrian

68. Curcio Michael

69. Lyall Nick

70. Teasdale David

Sargent Daniel

McConnell Andrew

Eaton Andrew

Waller Chris

Summons Justin

Torcasio Chris

De Souza Keith

BBZ, has it been normal to load the Sandy seniors up with MFC listed players in practice matches? Just wonderng if there is any change in policy?

looking at the players melbourne players listed in the seniors for sandringham, you'd suggest that the only players who possibly wouldn't be selected in the best 22 are cheney, mcnamara and zomer... and even on pre season form you'd think mcnamara would be up to the standard...

and you forgot to put shane valenti in red... can't let go Bazza? :P

3 games in one day, seeing all the clubs talent in one day.

Reminds me of a bygone era....those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end...

But alas time has moved on and even now I cannot make Casey fields because the fiance has me pre-booked.

To all those who are going have a great day.

Looking forward to the reports.

Deereaming, under the thumb

looking at the players melbourne players listed in the seniors for sandringham, you'd suggest that the only players who possibly wouldn't be selected in the best 22 are cheney, mcnamara and zomer... and even on pre season form you'd think mcnamara would be up to the standard...

and you forgot to put shane valenti in red... can't let go Bazza? :P

Rectified. A few of the ruckmen must have been standing in front of him and I didn't notice. :wub:

Here are tomorrow's teams (MFC players highlighted in red)

Sandringham v Casey

Seniors

1. Gilchrist Rennie

2. Paterakis Tom

5. Monaghan Sam

7. Valenti Shane

10. Summers Peter

13. Martin Stef

14. Johnston Marc

16. Biddlecombe Andy

18. Maric Addam

20. Lamb Chris

22. Meesen John

26. Cheney Kyle

28. McNamara Tom

31. Wheatley Paul

33. Liddell Chad

35. Zomer Trent

36. Johnston Tomi

37. Warnock Matthew

39. Holland Ben

40. Jamar Mark

41. Lynden Dunn

48. Bode Jace

49. Plymin Jarrod

50. Dean Tom

56. Gribbin Daniel

74. Bartram Clint

78. Rivers Jared

79. Whelan Matthew

Sandringham v Casey

Maybe somthin' like this?

Seniors

Bck/..28. McNamara Tom/ 20. Lamb Chris/ 31. Wheatley Paul

HBck/..48. Bode Jace/ 78. Rivers Jared/ 5. Monaghan Sam

Mid/..1. Gilchrist Rennie/ 10. Summers Peter/ 33. Liddell Chad

O,B/..22. Meesen John/ 41. Lynden Dunn/ 7. Valenti Shane

HFrd/..36. Johnston Tomi/ 13. Martin Stef/ 16. Biddlecombe Andy/

Frd/..18. Maric Addam/ 56. Gribbin Daniel/ 39. Holland Ben

Int/..79. Whelan Matthew 26. Cheney Kyle 37. Warnock Matthew 14. Johnston Marc 40. Jamar Mark

74. Bartram Clint 2. Paterakis Tom 35. Zomer Trent 49. Plymin Jarrod 50. Dean Tom

Sandringham v Casey

Seniors

Int/..79. Whelan Matthew 26. Cheney Kyle 37. Warnock Matthew 14. Johnston Marc 40. Jamar Mark

74. Bartram Clint 2. Paterakis Tom 35. Zomer Trent 49. Plymin Jarrod 50. Dean Tom

i think that would rival the side we sent out against geelong in the NAB cup...

Sandringham v Casey

Seniors

I would much prefer to see the following team line up:

Backs: McNamara Martin Whelan

HB: Bode Rivers Holland

C: Wheatley Bartram Cheney

HF: T. Johnston Dunn Gilchrist

For: Maric Zomer Jamar

Rucks: Meesen Valenti Liddell

Int: Warnock M. Johnston Biddlecombe Gribbin Lamb

Paterakis Plymin Dean Monaghan Summers

And pigs might fly.

I would much prefer to see the following team line up:

Backs: McNamara Martin Whelan

HB: Bode Rivers Holland

C: Wheatley Bartram Cheney

HF: T. Johnston Dunn Gilchrist

For: Maric Zomer Jamar

Rucks: Meesen Valenti Liddell

Int: Warnock M. Johnston Biddlecombe Gribbin Lamb

Paterakis Plymin Dean Monaghan Summers

And pigs might fly.

I don't know but I would play the fitter of the Dee boys starting the game & ease the underdone Bartram & Whelan into the game after the first Q.

It needs to be a blend of Zebra & Dees listed players at all times.

Too many defenders in the announced list so I think they intend for Martin to play forward tomorrow.

Dunn seems to be getting trained up as a midfielder to increase his attack on the ball & to increase his posession rate & engine.

I will try to have some team sheets available for MFC supporters today. They'll be free but I would ask supporters who take them to consider joining the Demonland/Demonology Sponsorship for 2008. Our 2008 player is ... Clint Bartram ... once again.

Well you'll be happy with his first up performance. Bartram was interchanged along with Matthew Whelan and both will add greatly to the Demon defence this year. Barts could even get a run in the midfield once he gains full match finess and if required. Jared Rivers was simply superb and has so much class in defence that his presence in the Demons' lineup will make a lot of difference as will that of Paul Wheatley. Lynden Dunn showed out and Mark Jamar was strong with his ruckwork. Addam Maric worked hard and Shane Valenti was good in patches.

And the final score?

Sandringham 12.9.81 defeated Casey 11.11.77.

Well you'll be happy with his first up performance. Bartram was interchanged along with Matthew Whelan and both will add greatly to the Demon defence this year. Barts could even get a run in the midfield once he gains full match finess and if required. Jared Rivers was simply superb and has so much class in defence that his presence in the Demons' lineup will make a lot of difference as will that of Paul Wheatley. Lynden Dunn showed out and Mark Jamar was strong with his ruckwork. Addam Maric worked hard and Shane Valenti was good in patches.

And the final score?

Sandringham 12.9.81 defeated Casey 11.11.77.

What position did Dunn play?

I left at 3/4 time in the Sandy game. I was over on the far side with Bartram's parents ( I didn't find this out until I was about to leave ). Apparently Bartram was on a strict 12 minutes only per quarter. Sandy were a much more formidable side when he was there, along with Rivers. At times, you could hardly see how the Scorpions were going to even score. Another that I was impressed by/intrigued with was Stefan Martin; he played the whole game in a key defensive post and did very well. He is all arms and legs, but, the number of times he got a hand or body in and broke up attacks was impressive.

Another that I was impressed by/intrigued with was Stefan Martin; he played the whole game in a key defensive post and did very well. He is all arms and legs, but, the number of times he got a hand or body in and broke up attacks was impressive.

I also left at three quarter time.

Lets not over rate Martin. He's big, athletic and was towelled by Ben McEvoy. It's why McEvoy was a top 10 pick and Martin was a PSD pick.

I like Martin and think he's worth a punt. But he's got a long long way to go.