Round 1 Opponents

The Emblem

Guest MFC4Life
DB is all about Round 1.

The Dork's have their problems, any ideas [educated, informed, or otherwise] about how they will line up?

Interested in your feedback...David Dunbar please feel welcome to contribute as well.

Well, no Crawford, Lewis, Hodge and Brown.

Three of their four best midfielders and their best defender.

I'd be very disappointed if we didn't win this game.

It will be really interesting to see the team DB picks..there has been a lot of experimenting this off-season and that was expected..now the real stuff begins round 1, what will be the team DB picks? What 2 ruckman will he use?

Wonder who will get the job on buddy franklin?

I still think this will be a close game even with hawthorns missing players...its the first game of the season...both teams will be itching to get out there and get a positive start....CANT WAIT!!!!

Well, no Crawford, Lewis, Hodge and Brown.

Three of their four best midfielders and their best defender.

I'd be very disappointed if we didn't win this game.

If we don't dominate in the ruck and clearances, we'll get slaughtered. Without Rivers, who do we have to match up on Franklin, Roughead, Boyle and Williams?

Guest MFC4Life
If we don't dominate in the ruck and clearances, we'll get slaughtered. Without Rivers, who do we have to match up on Franklin, Roughead, Boyle and Williams?

Yes, but this is a problem we will have to deal with every week. If our midfield can get on top then we've got every chance. If they don't will lose, in fact we'll lose every week if our midfield capitulate as we have no defense. When I say i'll be disappointed if we lose is to say that I will be disappointed if our midfield does not get on top of a Hawthorn midfield missing the aforementioned players.

call me CRAZY! but would DB be considering Stefan Martin for Rd1 selection?

OR call me more CRAZIER-- Meesen - good enough to play a back role on one of the hawks? he has the endurance we know that, and he has the size? its a crazy thought isn't it

Actually name what your back line up would consist of? Considering Rivers and wheels wont be available

Guest MFC4Life

OR call me more CRAZIER-- Meesen - good enough to play a back role on one of the hawks? he has the endurance we know that, and he has the size? its a crazy thought isn't it

Actually name what your back line up would consist of? Considering Rivers and wheels wont be available

FB: Petterd Carroll Holland

HB: Wheatley Miller Bell

Don't think DB will have a choice other than to put Miller on a tall. Wheatley may not even be fit.

Aye...no Jared hurts, assuming Bruce, Whelan, Dunn all unavailable as well

Williams Roughhead Boyle

Bell Carroll Frawley [is he fit?]

Dew Franklin Bateman

Pettard Miller Yze

Morton Sewell Ellis

Buckley McLean Morton

??????? Croad ???????

Robertson Bate Davey

?????? Jacobs ???????

Green Neitz Newton

Campbell Tuck ?????

White Jones McDonald

Taylor Guerra ????? ?????

Meesen Moloney Sylvia Bartram

What to change? What to rearrange?

Franklins a tough one. 196ish but doens't use it to full effect. Uses pace off the mark. I might consider Bell.

Miller maybe. Rutten did push him and bullied him around. Heart in mouth stuff whoever Miller plays on.

Frawley maybe. Carroll last resort.

Sam Mitchell is their key player. Hope JMac sits on him hard.

Williams have hurt us b4. Maybe Petterd, Bell again?.

3 of the top 4 possesion winners are out. They'll have to find 70+ possesions somewhere else.

We have to get off the a winning start.

Yeah hasnt williams killed bell before? Or was that when Wheels was on him?

Maybe Ricky or Yze could get the job.

Oh i like talking about this but i hate it cause i cant wait for round 1!!!

yeah true but he does use the ball so well off hb. I dont know where else will you play Yze? Wing maybe? Is he fit enough to play wing? I think there is no spots for him up forward

yze has been playing the entire preseason with the defenders and has been quoted a week ago for saying he'll play mostly halfback /wing...

queries over whether Rivers, Whelan, Dunn, Frawley, wheatley or Bartram will be ready for round 1. i assume not, however all these guyz are in our best 25 players...

Yeah hasnt williams killed bell before? Or was that when Wheels was on him?

Maybe Ricky or Yze could get the job.

Oh i like talking about this but i hate it cause i cant wait for round 1!!!

was wheels who played on williams round 2 last year

our midfield has to dominate, they may be missing their star midfielders, but their forward line is going to be very tough to match up on, especially with rivers likely to miss. Miller will have to play a key role down back, whether we like it or not, that is what DB has in mind

That's not crazy at all - I want Martin to play Round 1.

As for Meesen in the backline - I'm not so sure.

We haven't got many options. Martin is to raw and Meesen will be required in the ruck.

Bell - Williams

Carroll - Roughead

Frawley - Franklin

Miller - Boyle

Out of intrest how did Moran go on Franklin on Saturday night? I missed the game.

That's not crazy at all - I want Martin to play Round 1.

As for Meesen in the backline - I'm not so sure.

I want to see Martin in the line up too...however I'm speculating as to how DB will have us line up.

Anyone got any more insights into how the Dorks will line up...I dont know much about them...probably because as soon as they are on I change channels...who wants to spend their spare time watching 22 men running around dressed like partially full colostomy bags?

Robertson Bate Davey

Dawson(195 75) Jacobs(183 90) Gilham(190cm 80Kg)

Green Neitz Newton

Something like this? Brown leaves a big hole in their defense but they are still solid down back.

Still may be too early for Dew.

Guest MFC4Life
We haven't got many options. Martin is to raw and Meesen will be required in the ruck.

Frawley - Franklin

Out of intrest how did Moran go on Franklin on Saturday night? I missed the game.

This a part of me that says that would be crazy but the more I think about it wouldn't be that bad of an idea. Frawley's fit, young, keen, will be eager to inpress and most importantly he is very quick of the mark. I say do it!

Frawley for Franklin!

Guest MFC4Life
Something like this? Brown leaves a big hole in their defense but they are still solid down back.

I rate Gilham. Don't know how fit Jacobs is and Dawson isn't that solid. Brown is such a lynchpin for them in defense. They seem to have the same problems that we do in defense at the moment (we don't have Rivers and Whelan, they are missing Brown) . They have really good flankers that run out of defense such as Sewell, Guerra and McGlynn but if we can keep Croad out of the goal square (as in playing on whoever plays as a leading CHF for us) then I think that Neitz and Robbo can create a lot of trouble for them.

Birchall (192 84) Croad(190 96) Osbourne(178 81)

Robertson Bate Davey

Dawson(195 75) Jacobs(183 90) Gilham(190cm 80Kg)

Green Neitz Newton

Thats a shame, Dew wouldnt like lining up on Pettard.

Pettards too fast and too skinny...not enough for Stuey to eat!