Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Is this the END for our best captain ever

GUTS_N_GLORY

Hi all, it's been a bad week for Melbournefc. Heard an item on SEN that there was a rift between Nieta and Gardner. Apparently Neita isn't happy the way Gardner handled the whole thing about the end of Daniher's coaching career at the MFC. Tthe two are having a meeting on Monday.

My fears are that Nieta might say enough is enough and hang his boots up.

I just hope he will at least wait till he gets his 300th up or at the end of the year :angry:

Hi all, it's been a bad week for Melbournefc. Heard an item on SEN that there was a rift between Nieta and Gardner. Apparently Neita isn't happy the way Gardner handled the whole thing about the end of Daniher's coaching career at the MFC. Tthe two are having a meeting on Monday.

My fears are that Nieta might say enough is enough and hang his boots up.

I just hope he will at least wait till he gets his 300th up or at the end of the year :angry: :angry:

If Neitz pulls the plug because of what's happened then he isn't the player I thought he was.

He's emotional at the moment and he should have cooled his head before fronting the media.

Neita is a champion of the MFC and his aim would be to win a flag.

As long as he thinks his body can withstand another season, he will carry on, and he will have the full support of the board, especially Gardner.

Despite what a new coach might decide, I know for a fact that Gardner wants Neita to carry on as our captain next year and be part of our 150th year celebrations.

For god's sake, the hysteria surrounding the entire week is completely over the top.

Coaches come and go all the time. Daniher has had 10 years, has left in more than respectable circumstances which best served both him and the club.

The players who have been under Daniher for 10 years are upset, but they'll get over it. Their aim should be to win a flag, and that hasn't changed and won't change no matter who the coach is.

Neita is not weak hearted, he'll carry on because he deserves to win a premiership and he still can.

curious..you place him above Robbie ?

curious..you place him above Robbie ?

dont get wrong but flower was great player but he aint the type of person that would make me run through a brick wall

where as nieta he is a good player aswell but i think he has that toughness about him if he was my captain and said to me ok fellas we got to run through this brick wall I WOULD

I love your emotive optimism and positivity on this site Jaded, but Neita can still win a premiership? :blink::)

It's a long shot, but the chances of winning a premiership increase dramatically when you actually take the field, do you agree? :rolleyes:;)

I'm starting to think Gardner just needs to keep his mouth shut - someone else commented hat club presidents should be 'seen and not heard'.

I can see the case for being ruthless with regard to the football review, but Gardner's careless talk gave it an air of disrespect that it simply didn't need to have.

And now his response to Neitz offering a mild rebuke for that has prompted Gardner to make a totally unneccesary response in which he basically talked down to David Neitz, suggesting he was 'just' speaking out of emotion.

Neither Gardners original comments nor his response to Neitz's comments were necessary or helpful for the club. Dare I suggest they were driven by Gardners 'emotional' need to justify himself?

I'm not impressed. Gardner had better deliver on his promises on making a profit and getting the new facilities together, I've already being stung but his 'overestimates' of income in the last couple of years. Again, his excessive talking actually undermines satisfaction with the clubs off-field progress over the last couple of years.

He needs to keep his mouth shut and not let his ego, emotion and dare I say it conscience create controversies for the media to play with.

Oops... anyway, as to the actual point of this thread, I would think Neitz would put in another year at least. Unless he becomes the new coach.

I can dream of seeing, in a few years, Neitz and Stynes being assistant coaches under Viney, can't I?

Have we ever seen a classy or well managed coach replacement? ever?

Neita was just emotionally crushed by the last week or so, he lost his coach and mate of 10 years, shouldn't have played due to injury, ran himself in to the ground trying to get his team over the line one last time for Neale and missed out by 2 points.

He disagreed with Gardner's method and let it be known. They will get over it and Neita will have a couple weeks off before coming back for his 300th and leading the team once again like the champion he is in 2008

It seems like Daniher's the only one that's handled this well. I wasn't happy about Gardiner coming out after the Richmond match and making the in-house discussions very much public, and equally i'm dissapointed that Neita has come out and made comments that do exactly the opposite to what Neale was trying to stop. The only thing that his comments have achieved is to create a divide between club and players.

Don't get me wrong, i respect the hell out of the guy and love him to death but as the captain of our footy club he should've taken some time and thought about what was best for the MFC before fronting the media. He's just made Mark Reilly's job 5 times harder and Gardner will have a very tough time ahead of him for the next 4-6 months.

He's the best captain i've seen, admitedly i only saw the twilight years on one G Lyon but Neitz is a champion of this club and deserves a premiership medal around his neck.

G'day Fellow Demons Supporters!

I understand that David Neitz has been really emotional about what has happened. That is totally understandable. I truly feel for him. :unsure::(

But....football is about winning Premierships! And that is why (unfortunately) we had to get rid of Neale Daniher and get a new coach.

I really do hope David Neitz makes it to 300 games. No other Melbourne player has ever done that yet and he deserves to more than any other.

I also hope if he keeps on playing for a season or two more he will also end up winning a Premiership with the Demons. Besides, David Neitz is basically our number 1# forward still.

David Neitz for 300 games!

GO DEMONS in 2008!

From Supreme_Demon

David Neitz just played his most emotional match of his life,

He then had a microphone put under his lip next morning and asked what he thought.

He answerd honestly, good on him. Tomorrow he will be at the club as the captain and lead us into the future.

He will get over it as will Paul Gardener. The future starts tomorrow.

agreed.

i think it was an emotional comment and not a sign of his detachment from the club.

whilst i'm not entirely happy it was said, i kind of enjoyed that he was honest about the situation and at least outwardly relayed his thoughts and presumably those of the playing group. he also managed to do this without going overboard and was not scathing to any length of the imagination.

he spoke his mind in an arguably restrained manner and we all know that he will now throw his full support behind his team, and the future of the club

I reckon Barrassi would easily be our best ever Skipper. Heaps of daylight between him and the rest.

Totally agree. Whilst Neita has grown into the captaincy and become more comfortable with it is recent years and become an inspricational leader, I am sure he would not reate himself as MFC's best ever captain.

In my lifetime RDB and R Flower & then G Lyon the best leaders followed by Big Carl as Capt coach (with not much cattle). Prior to Barrassi there were N. McMahon, & Warne Smith & couple of other who were very hightly rated as MFC Captains. McMahon remained influential in MFC up until very recently.

I concur...

Neita will def play on next year and if we can get 18 game out of him it will be a big win...

Still could kick 70 goals plus naxt year if evrything went well...

But its time to issue the captincy to the only successor Brock McLean....

And make Bater vice captain..

By also giving these young starts leadership rolls early it will prevent them from going elsewhere.......

Neita will play next year.

It may be time with a new coach to get someone else to Captain the club though. Neita could be a mentor for the new skipper for a year or so.

Barrasi our best then Flower then a good distance behind Neitz.

I feel for David's sense of loyalty. However, it was best he said what he said in private.

I agree with Olds take on the Tim Lane article. Its about right. As bad as the Richmond game was, it did us a big favour and brought this simmering issue to a head.

Lets move on.