• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What would we give for Judd??

I know i certainly wouldn't give up Brucey or Greeny, but i reckon we will try and trade White, even if it isn't for Judd...and Johno, as much as he is good..tries to much with his kicking to pinpoint target.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wheres_jacka

Ben Holland, Nathan Brown and a second rounder. Might chuck in young Garland. Would they take that? That would be a win for us hey!

id trade mclean for Judd (might have to chuck in a 2nd round pick as well)

et's get real...anyone who wants Judd (the best player in the competition) is going to have to give up their best youngish player...

I love Mclean, i think he should be our next captain. but if we are seirous about getting Judd then he is the only player that comes close to compensating WestCoast.

Before everyone jumps and screams, anyone neutral supporter of afl would have to agree that Judd is a much better footballer than Mclean. Thats no disrespect to Mclean, but he isnt in the top 10 players in the afl.

i think if we offered Mclean, we might have a chance of getting Judd.

If we offer green or White or Miller then we are just making a token gesture and are not serious about getting him

why would you give up your future best player, for a current great player? what's the point in having any good players if you're going to get rid of them?

you're forgetting that if judd really wants to come over, it is west coast who have to take whatever is offered, not the other way around

id trade mclean for Judd (might have to chuck in a 2nd round pick as well)

et's get real...anyone who wants Judd (the best player in the competition) is going to have to give up their best youngish player...

I love Mclean, i think he should be our next captain. but if we are seirous about getting Judd then he is the only player that comes close to compensating WestCoast.

Before everyone jumps and screams, anyone neutral supporter of afl would have to agree that Judd is a much better footballer than Mclean. Thats no disrespect to Mclean, but he isnt in the top 10 players in the afl.

i think if we offered Mclean, we might have a chance of getting Judd.

If we offer green or White or Miller then we are just making a token gesture and are not serious about getting him

The club won't trade McLean, and I've been down this path with someone else already... you trade McLean for Judd, and you're still down a quality midfielder.

The idea is not to trade the same type of players, otherwise you achieve nothing.

McLean is only 21, so to trade a 21 year old who is well on his way to becoming a star, would be madness, even if Judd is on offer.

Having said that, I'd trade anyone but McLean or Rivers for Judd.

Well I wouldn't like to trade Mclean either, and really the ball is almost ENTIRELY in the court of Chris Judd. He's in the nearly unique position of being able to nominate any club that he wants to play for next year. If he says' I want to play for Melbourne', then he'll be playing for Melbourne next year. And because he's out of contract we could offer Ward for him and West Coast would accept if Chris was unrelenting about it (better than nothing for him jumping into the PSD ala Nick Stephens hey?).

So I'd be speaking to Chris and finding out if he really wants to play for the dees, if yes then make West Coast a reasonable offer, but one that doesn't include McLean. West Coast would certainly take Bruce, for example, rather than risk getting nothing at all, of that you could be sure.

PS: Wheels is my fav. player too.

West Coast are probably going to want a top liner for Melbourne plus a number one pick. The one weakness they have seems to be a quality small-mid sized forward so Aaron Davey, Cameron Bruce or Brad Green plus a 1st or 2nd round pick. Don't think any of those 3 plus a first round pick is particularly good business for the demons whereas a 2nd round one may be.

I doubt it's as simple as a straight swap for a player and a pick for Judd. More likely to try to get another first round pick via a trade (hopefully if another team is stupid enough to take Jamar for a first rounder - see Sydney/Jolly and St Kilda/Brooks in recent times) and trade a first and second round pick for him. That way may still end up with one, possibly two, top 25 picks. Don't want to deal ourselves out of the draft altogether.

Ya but remember Kit, it's almost all up to Chris Judd, not the West Coast Eagles.

That could well mean that Judd is traded for a 'practical' value rather than a 'theoretical' one.

Also depends on how much we're prepared to risk losing out on him if he's available.

I'd trade anyone but McLean or Rivers for Judd.

Even Bell??!!

Just remember, folks, that If Chris Judd did pull a Nick Stevens and tell West Coast he only wants to be traded to Melbourne, the Eagles could let him go for nothing in the pre-season draft and play a season or two at a rotten club such as Richmond.

I suppose West Coast could do that, as a stfu to Judd, but I'd suggest there's be almost a nil possibility at all of it occuring. I mean, if you were West Coast would you like Travis Johnston, Cameron Bruce (insert good player name here minus mclean) playing for your team or nothing? Hmmm...

Inferno, I'm just putting it out there because at the end of the day unless Melbourne wins the wooden spoon, which is highly unlikely, we won't have the strongest bargaining position. If we had the number one pick in the PSD, then if Chris Judd really wanted to come to Melbourne then he could ask the Eagles to trade him to Melbourne or go there via the draft.

This is all assuming he wants to come to the team he barracked for as a child. There is a long way to go until October.

From a West Coast perspective, the understatement of the year would be that you'd hate to lose Judd for nothing, but Port Adelaide sent a message to the rest of their team when they condemned Nick Stevens to purgatory for trying to hold them over a barrel. It can happen.

i think what is meant is that if judd says i want to go to melbourne WC can trade him to melb or let him walk out to the psd for nothing, where richmond can have him. if judd is willing to go to richmond then this threat is legit. WC are in a position where they trade with us or they lose him for nothing. i'd give up bruce and a pick for him. i like bruce a lot. but judd is better. i'd offer CJ and a 1st round first up and hold on that until the last moment. yes its robbery but if thats the situation we should try and rob them. cj and a pick is better than nobody and no picks.

as much as i like white i am definitely for trading him for a first rounder if we think we can get kreuzer ;)

Even Bell??!!

Just remember, folks, that If Chris Judd did pull a Nick Stevens and tell West Coast he only wants to be traded to Melbourne, the Eagles could let him go for nothing in the pre-season draft and play a season or two at a rotten club such as Richmond.

I'd be shattered if Bell left us... but I can't say that Bell for Judd is something I wouldn't consider. It's JUDD!!!

Also, West Coast owe Chris Judd a little bit more respect than to say "screw you, go play for Richmond".

Besides, you don't let the best player in the competition go for nothing. Nick Stevens is hardly Chris Judd.

Also, West Coast owe Chris Judd a little bit more respect than to say "screw you, go play for Richmond".

Besides, you don't let the best player in the competition go for nothing. Nick Stevens is hardly Chris Judd.

I know. I'm just acknowledging that we don't hold all of the cards. As unlikely as it is that West Coast would let him walk into the draft, it is still their decision, not ours.

As I proposed in another thread.

Round 1 pick, Round 2 pick, and ANY player except McLean, Davey, or Sylvia

yep...this is sensible...though I'd like to add Rivers to that...we work so mauch better with him.

But Bruce, Green , White, Miller, Trav... all up for grabs.. Id add Ooze and Robbo... but age will work agains that deal...( hate to see Robbo go though )

Chances are any deal involving Judd may be one of those convoluted three way efforts where the resulting player/s and pix to eagles arent obvious

Maybe you could trade Trav Johnstone & Miller for Judd.

That way they get a good Midfielder to go with Kerr & Cousins and throw in Miller which could assist their Fowards.

yep...this is sensible...though I'd like to add Rivers to that...we work so mauch better with him.

But Bruce, Green , White, Miller, Trav... all up for grabs.. Id add Ooze and Robbo... but age will work agains that deal...( hate to see Robbo go though )

Chances are any deal involving Judd may be one of those convoluted three way efforts where the resulting player/s and pix to eagles arent obvious

Agree actually - add Rivers to that list of players - so that makes it 4 untouchables for mine.

All good points above. It could even be argued that given the situation, the club that Judd nominated to be traded to (if indeed he does) for next season has more influence in a trade than the West Coast Eagles do.

Makes no sense to trade talented/classy players ie Green, McLean, Bruce, Robertson, Johnstone.

Or young players with heaps of potential ie McLean, Jones, Davey, Pettard, Rivers, Bell, Bate, Dunn etc etc

If we did we would be trading away current and future potential which makes no sense to me, we can't buy Judd at any cost. IMO our midfield is pretty strong so we would be better off picking up Pavlich or Reiwoldt if they are going to come cheaper with Miller as a possible trade option??

But if the coaching team is set on a midfielder other options such as Priddis, Swallow, McGlynn etc might be better for the long term, don't forget once you get a star player you need to be able to keep them and over a few years it may cost the team other good player due to salary cap restrictions.

I think it's going to take cash aswell as a first round pick and maybe even second/third round draft pick, can we afford that given our current position and with Key position players such as Neitz and White getting older and other ageing players such as Yze & Pickett.

Makes no sense to trade talented/classy players ie Green, McLean, Bruce, Robertson, Johnstone.

Or young players with heaps of potential ie McLean, Jones, Davey, Pettard, Rivers, Bell, Bate, Dunn etc etc

If you are getting Chris Judd in return, it makes sense to trade ANYONE