Int Limb Clark Dignan Green Taylor Burchell Ryall Waight

Sandringham

B Buckley Warnock Bode

HB C. Liddell Biddlecombe Pickett

C Dunn Summers Gallagher

HF Garland Crowe Poyas

F Holland Sautner M. Newton

R Neaves C. Johnson Valenti

Int (from) Neville M. Johnston T. Johnston McGettigan S. Martin Paterakis Gilchrist Gribbin

Nick Sautner, who starred last weekend with 9 goals for the VFL side against the WAFL, will play his 200th game on Saturday.

North Ballarat vs. Sandringham

Saturday 2nd June

AUSTAR Arena at 2:00 PM

North Ballarat

B A. George Moloney Goodes any relartion to adam?

HB Sansbury Hardy Feery

C Riggio Trotter Searl

HF Chester Cartledge J. Spolding

F Dinnell Gregg L. George

R Stephenson Lower Whyman

Int Limb Clark Dignan Green Taylor Burchell Ryall Waight

Sandringham

B Buckley Warnock Bode

HB C. Liddell Biddlecombe Pickett

C Dunn Summers Gallagher

HF Garland Crowe Poyas

F Holland Sautner M. Newton

R Neaves C. Johnson Valenti

Int (from) Neville M. Johnston T. Johnston McGettigan S. Martin Paterakis Gilchrist Gribbin

Nick Sautner, who starred last weekend with 9 goals for the VFL side against the WAFL, will play his 200th game on Saturday.

Can't wait to see if Newton and Dunn get a run in the forward line together........and even more interested to see who has the better day out.

Here's hoping the 'few showers' stay away and the temperature gets a little bit above the 11 degrees forecast so that it is not just a slog in the mud.

Go Zebs

He's a weird bloke, but you can't help but respect and admire Sauntner, despite being shopped around as a player. Glittering career, and a really different player... Would that more footballers had his outlook, and confidence to be a player with personality. I go to Sandy to watch the young dees play, and I'm always chuffed to watch him play, along with the likes of Poyas, Valenti, Gallagher, the Johnsons who I reckon go alright and Liddell. So much can be learned from these guys about attitude, even by AFL players (Byron). With the exception of some players robbong young demons of opportunities to play in certain positions (Sanutnet/Newton) it is a SENSATIONAL way to teach young guys about footy...

do us members get into this game free with our member ship or is it only at sandy that we do ?

if not then whats the price to get in ?

I think there's a reduced admission price for visiting members who show their cards. As a Melbourne member I obtained a Sandringham visitors card earlier in the season.

If you're in Ballarat and going to the game, I look forward to your report. I dare not risk the old Kingswood on any drive of a distance beyond 25kms.

If you're in Ballarat and going to the game, I look forward to your report. I dare not risk the old Kingswood on any drive of a distance beyond 25kms.

Here's what the local paper is saying -

If North Ballarat is to cause the upset of the season and stop Sandringham in its tracks, it has three major assignments which must be completed successfully.

1-The Roosters must shutdown the Zebra midfield.

2-Shaune Moloney has to keep Nick Sautner to a maximum of five goals.

3-Melbourne Demons hard man Byron Pickett must be nullified.

http://ballarat.yourguide.com.au/detail.as...ategory=General

Just in case anyone's wondering, Chris Lamb is out this week due to suspension incurred in the Williamstown game (note also that Fabulous Phil didn't last long at Geelong after his return from suspension):-

Round 7

Marcus Margliani - Frankston

Guilty of Attemptng to Trip - Severe Reprimand *

Chris Lamb – Sandringham

Guilty of Striking – 1 Match Suspension *

Phil Read - Geelong

Guilty of Rough Conduct - 2 Match Suspension *

*Denotes player opted for the prescribed automatic penalty

Sandringham lost its first game for the season at North Ballarat today. Juice Newton kicked five - a performance unlikely to impress the Demon selectors to give him a chance on Queens Birthday. No excuses but Dutchy Holland, Poyas and valenti all pulled out of the selected side and the team had a number of players up from the reserves for their first games.

Seniors

Sandringham 2.4.16 6.6.42 9.10.64 13.10.88

North Ballarat 2.5.17 8.8.56 12.12.84 18.15.123

Goals

Sandringham Newton 5 Dunn 4 T Johnston Liddell Martin Sautner

North Ballarat Chester 4 George 3 Dignan Feery Whyman 2 Cartledge Gregg Riggio Ryall Trotter

Best

Sandringham Summers Dunn Martin Pickett Warnock Liddell

North Ballarat Cartledge Sansbury Lower Moloney Whyman Chester

Reserves

Sandringham 2.2.14 4.5.29 4.6.30 5.6.36

North Ballarat 1.2.8 8.5.53 13.10.88 16.16.112

Goals

Sandringham Dunne Gileno Henry Lyall Monaghan

North Ballarat Micallef 3 Schultz 2 Gilmour Hartigan Horbury McDougall McHug Raworth Searle Sharkey Spolding Urquhart Waight

Best

Sandringham Tregear Monaghan Hayes Zarra Gribbin Dunne

North Ballarat Searle Micallef Caldow Raworth Head Schultz

Sandringham lost its first game for the season at North Ballarat today. Juice Newton kicked five - a performance unlikely to impress the Demon selectors to give him a chance on Queens Birthday.

Why 'unlikely'? Can you elaborate.

Looks like Dunn will be back - never should have been dropped in the first place.

...Juice Newton kicked five - a performance unlikely to impress the Demon selectors to give him a chance on Queens Birthday.

...Goals...

Sandringham... Newton 5...

why do you think they would be unimpressed?

why do you think they would be unimpressed?

He's already kicked bags of 6 and 5 goals earlier in the year (when Melbourne was struggling to kick goals) and two weeks ago he starred with a sensational (but inaccurate) display when he booted 2 goals 6 behinds. None of those perfomances impressed the selectors so why should 5 in a losing team change their minds?

Actually, I was being a trifle sarcastic but really ... you would think he needs to kick about 10 before he gets a gig at melbourne based on what's happened so far this year.

Was that Daniel Hayes in the best for the reserves?

Yes.

i know it says he kicked 5, but he wasn't in the best...

can someone who saw the match describe his game? was it influencial...

i saw the game hen he kicked 2.6 and thought he was outstanding...surely he has to crack a game. if they don't play him soon then he might lose form abit, or get injured perhaps...bloody hell play the guy while he's hot!

out of interest newton now has 21 goals for the season in 7 games averaging 3 a game, 6th on the vfl goal kicking list. sautner has booted 28 from 7 games as well, 4 a game, and is leading the goalkickers.

interesting stat i saw while checking this out, zac dawson has been named in the best in every one of the box hill hawks 7 games. is he still on the hawks list? what else do you need to do to get a run at afl level?

Great stuff to hear about Newton and Dunn, and hope they can make there way into the RED AND BLUE.

And Danny Hayes is back, which is great to hear, but i hope he doesn't waste his oppurtunity, i really wanna see this guy make it.

interesting stat i saw while checking this out, zac dawson has been named in the best in every one of the box hill hawks 7 games. is he still on the hawks list? what else do you need to do to get a run at afl level?

Put about 15kg on!!!!!

Beating 18 and 19 year old forwards in the VFL is a tad different to playing on the Rocca's and Neitz's in the AFL.