Christian Petracca

https://bit.ly/4dLkVR8

The door remains open for a Christian Petracca trade in 12 months’ time despite a move this off-season being ruled out as new details have come to light surrounding the saga.

If there was a way that Petracca could have got out, he would have explored it,” Morris revealed on SEN radio on Monday morning.

“He actually tried to find a way for several weeks and there was no avenue for him to. His management told him from the very start that it would be almost impossible to orchestrate.

“So Petracca’s view was: ‘We don’t know until we try’. Since the manager works with the player, Robbie D’Orazio did his best in an impossible market. That’s how it played out.

it goes on and on and on and on … 

Edited by spirit of norm smith
VC
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Redlegged said:

FFS Can we give it a rest?

I understand what you are saying and was thrilled when I heard that Trac was staying. However, if Ralph's claims are accurate, I believe now it will be difficult to mend this relationship.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, djr said:

They are turning into an ugly couple. If this is true, the club should now get rid of him during this trade period and negotiate the best deal possible. This guy is not going to stick around after next year. If I were his manager, I would dump him. The club must be really [censored] off. Let another club spend time and resources getting him fit and well. 

I doubt his manager would dump him.  They'd be taking a percentage of his million plus each season.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

https://bit.ly/4dLkVR8

it goes on and on and on and on … 

“But there’s been an immaturity, in my eyes, a significant immaturity attached to his dealings in the past two weeks at least, and maybe even a whole lot longer.”

“I think he’s gone rogue on the whole thing, and his teammates think he’s gone rogue to a certain point,” Barrett added.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hellfire Dub said:

I doubt his manager would dump him.  They'd be taking a percentage of his million plus each season.  

True. I said it because I was / am [censored] off with this whole saga.

Edited by djr
  • Like 1

On 31/08/2024 at 18:02, dazzledavey36 said:

That's the way I looked at it.

Clearly there's no one out there could satisfy a deal so he's had no other choice but to stay.

Regardless, it's great news. We've got 12 months to sort out [censored] out big time.

Doubters are gonna doubt

I like that Jon Ralph showed the Trac interview post injury. He gave a lot of clarity to the issue. It sounds like CP leaked directly to Tom Morris, or one of the opposition players leaked directly to him. Very immature. 

Would like to know who all the "Scallywags" are at Melbourne. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bonkers said:

For the naysayers who mentioned it was all media noise, Jon Ralph reported on Fox that:

Petracca and his fiancé both personally approached other clubs to find a trade solution to get out of Melbourne in the last few weeks. They also exhaustively approached pro scouts etc to find a potential trade route. Don’t shoot the messenger.

I heard Ralph's comments differently.  I heard that:

• Christian and his partner have been driving this - via other reports this is correct
  • Christian spoke with rival teammates - not that they both personally approached other clubs. 
  • Christian was even keen to talk with pro scouts and list bosses - not that they exhaustively approached pro scouts.  I took 'keen to' to mean he wanted to but didn't. 

It was reported elsewhere that Christian consulted close confidants within the club and outside the club, which is his right.  For example we know for a fact he had coffee with Lachie Neale.  Doubt that was to discuss going to Brisbane.

Unfortunately, Ralph generalises without context or back up.  If I may say, we need to be really careful in paraphrasing what someone says as it can give negatively trigger people.

I may have misheard Ralph so am happy to be corrected.  In the meantime I encourage people to listen to OTC before getting into Christian and his partner.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, djr said:

True. I said it because I was / am [censored] off with this whole saga.

if the players come to the conclusion that tracc is now calling the shots in the football department i'm not sure how that is going to sit well with his team-mates. instead of fixing culture problems it could go the other way and create division - a'la mfc hollywood again.  tracc may be very mature professionally but judging by his recent behaviour not so professional on an interpersonal level.

interesting times ahead

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BoBo said:

We've definitely had successes for sure! I guess though, clubs can have 'binfire' worthy issues but still be very successful. Probably the best example is, West Coast's issues by all accounts had been known since 2000, they almost won 2 flags in a row 5-6 years later when half the team were off their face and one even flatlined and was brought back in Las Vegas on a trip. Absolute Binfire worthy club, but super successful.

(This part isn't aimed at you DEE fence, but to any frothing at the mouth posters - No I'm not saying our issues and west coasts issues are analogous)

I get your point, I have personal knowledge of the West Coast times, and it was like something from Wolf of Wall Street, alarms were being sounded and ignored (definitely because of success) not least by the fat controller Andrew Dillon (excuse Tom d Tank ref. I just broke my own instructions to my kids not to denigrate people on appearance)... hypocrite

• Like 1

On 31/08/2024 at 19:25, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Reminds me of the "robust, full and frank exchanges" we used to have in the right wing factional meeting of the Queanbeyan branch of the Labor party. It was the second Monday of the month in the basement of the Queanbeyan Library. Someone generally left with a broken nose.

Dear QD, there was a lot that used to get solved like that. The problem usually got solved when someone  twigged as to who the employer rep was.

• Haha 2
  • Clap 1

15 minutes ago, praha said:

You just don't get it. You're finding excuses that just don't present for other clubs as consistently as they do for us.

Of course we are the first club ever to go out in straight sets two years in a row. But it wasn't our fault! We weren't up to it in 2022 because... injuries? And a bump and sub ruined our 2023 season... Right.

I mean, let's not understate those as impactful, but all roads have led to our superstar player quite literally saying the club hasn't been good enough. 

Our culture is the pits and the club is rotten. That makes a difference in the big moments. Strong clubs don't lose four straight finals in a row at the MCG. Please stop trying to excuse those as isolated issues. I'm not saying we must be winning flags. I'm saying we have to stop excusing amateur hour. The way we bundled out of finals against Carlton last year was an embarrassment for the club. The Grundy scenario. The drug scandal. The Oliver fiasco. Now the Petracca saga. Goodwin once said that games are won and lost in the moments. We're losing pretty big moments. And the [censored] do you never drop out of the top 4 and then still never win a final. ALL at home. That's next level peak Melbourne.

Yeah, nah. Now you’re gaslighting on an industrial scale making assertions without proof. Peak gaslighting and conflating individual instances to tailor your story. 

Excuses that don’t present for other clubs?

Do they present for Essendon that hasn’t won a final since Methuselah was a boy?

Do they present for St Kilda?

What about Geelong? Bundled out of the finals after winning a premiership. Same thing with Collingwood - both have had issues too like Stengle at the Cats and Ginnivan at Collingwood plus their racism issues. 

Perhaps the problem’s not so much with the club but with some toxic supporters?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DeesignerAU said:

You know who covered himself in glory - Max. 

Brilliant throughout this ordeal. He was as honest as he could be, he's a fantastic example of a leader. But not only about this issue, but his involvement in getting Clarry right, premiership captain, 7 time all Australian - Melbourne's greatest leader and one of the best on and off the field.

He's not just honest, he is humble, vulnerable, witty, genuine. A remarkable leader, Jimmy Stynes would be so proud of not just the player but the leader and the man he has become.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Skuit said:

If Petracca had received approval for an extended mental health break, the details would remain confidential and not be disseminated among our playing group. It could then create envy and accusations of favouritism.

But I agree with you that it indicates low IQ/EI if they couldn't figure it out for themselves, although if he appeared in good spirits in his previous interactions with the players post-injury it may have confused some. 

If they were aware his leave was granted for mental health reasons, then his activities while on break - namely looking cheerful in sun and working on his side hustle - could have also created some antagonism. 

Especially if it was known he had previously complained about culture or professional standards, and then appeared to be off doing his own thing $$$ when he was already our highest-paid player and we were struggling on-field. 

Again, I largely agree with you. I think there has been a relationship breakdown among the group - and apparently not for the first time (although the last time worked out well in the end) - due to high levels of immaturity. 

This has always struck me as a feature of our squad, in part as a factor of their personalities, but also our general list profile, with many of our star players coming through together and being key from a young age.  

I just find it amazing that that part of it (a 30-60 second video showing him having fun in Noosa) would even be an issue, it's akin to saying "how can that person be depressed, I saw them laughing over a coffee with friends". It's so far removed from my experience but then again I've never been or associated with a large group of young professional athletes, I would've hoped our senior players would be able to provide the context for the rest of the group though, that's why I'm hoping they weren't part of the playing group perplexed by his absence.

• Like 3

On 31/08/2024 at 20:00, Vandenberger With The Lot said:

Yep they can say whatever they want, you can choose to believe them or not, but no one that knows anybody at the club is going to come out and name them on a public forum.

Then you suggest professional journalists have no sources. Their source might be unreliable but they don't just make these things up mate.

Like I said before, to ask someone on this board to put someone they know at the club, and to suggest journalists just make up stories out of thin air, is a braindead take.

Tell me a little bit about how Max gets on with people in the footy circle media scrum and then tell me if Gaz is the same. One would have to be blind, deaf and dumb to not see. 

5 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Considering his brother ran through a Collingwood banner for his own wedding (source Instagram) then the comment by Trac’s Dad at the B&F that “We’re a Collingwood family” really does hold true.

Lol how bogan can you get

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, deejammin' said:

If we’d gone after Mabior Chol instead of Fullarton and McAdam last year we’d probably be in finals and Steven May’s ribs would be feeling far better. He’s a quality player.

100% would've meant Roo/Petty didn't have to chop out Max either. Was annoyed we didn't go for him just like I'll be annoyed if we don't for for Peter Wright for the same reason. Will come cheap too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I'm pleased that the July 1st, post ICU, interview on the MFC site was aired on OTC. I think it was first quoted on DL by Demon Dynasty. I've been spreading it far and wide since. I tried to encourage Gerard Whately to refer to it on Saturday morning after his acidic diatribe against MFC office bearers but couldn't get through. Thanks again DD.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Flowergirl said:

I like that Jon Ralph showed the Trac interview post injury. He gave a lot of clarity to the issue. It sounds like CP leaked directly to Tom Morris, or one of the opposition players leaked directly to him. Very immature. 

Would like to know who all the "Scallywags" are at Melbourne. 

After the post injury interview emerged, it was interesting to see how some commentators who said the club ignored Tracc after KB embarrassingly tried to backtrack on these claims. Same with some of the posters on here.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, waynewussell said:

I'm pleased that the July 1st, post ICU, interview on the MFC site was aired on OTC. I think it was first quoted on DL by Demon Dynasty. I've been spreading it far and wide since. I tried to encourage Gerard Whately to refer to it on Saturday morning after his acidic diatribe against MFC office bearers but couldn't get through. Thanks again DD.  

I was also a proponent of spreading it far and wide at any opportunity. Curious if it got through or they finally found it on here, but howabouts journalistic due diligence and all that?

Seems convenient to air it now that Petracca is staying put and they all got led up the garden path, yet now that the MFC turns out to be reasonably stable after all they're coming after our beloved CP5. We love you Cristian 💞

Also, the rhetoric has somehow shifted from Roffey being under significant pressure to seeking out an orderly handover herself. And Kozzie is now content as well. Go figure. 

• Like 6

On 01/09/2024 at 09:34, Demonsone said:

Why does it take Trac to raise issues which is more than just winning as it’s clear there are deeper issues around culture for the club to take action?? Is the football dept asleep at the wheel?? 

Some one. Of a whole group definitely took their eyes off the ball.  Need a media manager and player welfare person to look after these things.

i have stopped being concerned.

There is only one way Tracca will be worth anything to other clubs late next year. And that obviously is for the MFC and Trac in particular to have such a fantastic year and we are top 4 looking at the flag and CP5 is favoured for the Brownlow. 

If that’s the case he has put his time in , let him go. But his salary will still be sn impediment.