POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's only a top 4 finish if you make the Prelim. Straight sets exits are 5th/6th placed.

I'm pleased someone else has realised this 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, demon3165 said:

Oh so the President is in charge of the football department now and should be telling them how to play now your dislike for her influencing you thoughts.

That's Buckley's view does he know what's inside the club I doubt it doesn't make him right.

Need good training  track to train on…..The Board which includes the President is responsible for that …got it?

Edited by jayceebee31

Just now, jayceebee31 said:

Need good trading track to train on…..The Board which includes the President is responsible for that …got it?

They have won a premiership with them, but tell me which president has gotten us one in the last 30 years?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Do other posters feel like the wheels have completely fallen off?

I mean to be beaten is one thing but by almost 100 points is just humiliation.

It's right off the back of being thumped by a lowly eagles team a fortnight ago.

So it's not an aberration.  I'm not sure what such a thumping does to a team's confidence but I guess we will find out against the pies.

The lack of fight back in the second half was not the way we have played in the last four years.

We gave up at halftime and it was Mfc of old unfortunately.

Maybe we will scrape into the final eight but it looks like dark years ahead. Again. We will probably be like the Western dogs for a while and hover around eight to tenth spot or a couple of years and then who knows.

It's hard to be positive after a belting like that in this day and age

Id suggest a change of coach at the end of the year. Not because Goody has failed. He hasn't, he got us a flag. But it's time for some new blood in the role and time to build our list up again.

Max is getting on in years and we need to find another ruckman. Asap. JV is looking slow and tired. Sparrow is not really a midfielder.  Bbb is past it. We can't have players moved on from other clubs like Schache, Hunter, Billings, Fullerton and McAdam taking up spots.

It's time to prune at the end of this busted season and start a fresh.

Tough on Viney

Kind to the Footy Dept

2 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

I am glad tht a few posters are starting to question the recruiting of Kolt. It was an obscure pick at the time and looks to have backfired. Traded up for a run of the mill kid. Too smart for our own good on that one

I agree with you, along with the recruiting of Billings, McAdam, Fullerton.?

however, I hope Billings plays next week and stars.Along with McAdam and I feel Fulllerton May strip if JVR is still unavailable ,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

So you’ve written him off after one senior game and 9 VFL games?

Ryan Gosling Barbie GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

We needed players to impact this year to cover the losses of Harmes, Jordon, Hibberd, Dunstan (*and Brayshaw). However, at this stage, he is not ready to fill the void and put pressure on the mids we have to perform. We lack depth and he ain’t it in season 24. Windsor has showed he is capable at the level. So, you can post all the GIFs you want, but that is the reality. 

we needed impact immediately. Not an unbalanced list. The window is closing. We needed to recruit for the now..not down the track. We traded Grundy and this was compensation for Jackon . To compete this year, we needed ready to go players. 

is that an unreasonable shout?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, jayceebee31 said:

I agree with you, along with the recruiting of Billings, McAdam, Fullerton.?

however, I hope Billings plays next week and stars.Along with McAdam and I feel Fulllerton May strip if JVR is still unavailable ,

Billings is a useless potato. He cannot kick and is slow, both at thinking and running 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/06/2024 at 15:54, bing181 said:

I don't know how people can keep saying this, it's bordering on delusional. We have a few stars. After that ...

And “these few stars” helped win us a grand final.
Wake up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I don’t think it was rubbish at all. 
Angus Brayshaw was lined up and taken out, the ball had left the area. The only thing Maynard had eyes for, was the Player, the move was executed to perfection as far the Filth were concerned….

I think that's contestable but the Mcrae bit is either stupidity or slanderous 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, IRW said:

Tough on Viney

Kind to the Footy Dept

9 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

They have won a premiership with them, but tell me which president has gotten us one in the last 30 years?

Please note Kate was only the President for part of that year when we won the premiership.And has done little since except argue with many causing distraction, disruption as well as lack of harmony.

Edited by jayceebee31
Add
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, jayceebee31 said:

Please note Kate was only the President for part of that year when we won the premiership.And has done little since except argue with many 

How would you know what the board have been doing regarding caulfield project or any where else?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

We needed players to impact this year to cover the losses of Harmes, Jordon, Hibberd, Dunstan (*and Brayshaw). However, at this stage, he is not ready to fill the void and put pressure on the mids we have to perform. We lack depth and he ain’t it in season 24. Windsor has showed he is capable at the level. So, you can post all the GIFs you want, but that is the reality. 

we needed impact immediately. Not an unbalanced list. The window is closing. We needed to recruit for the now..not down the track. We traded Grundy and this was compensation for Jackon . To compete this year, we needed ready to go players. 

So who would you have picked at 13 that would have immediate impact this year? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Billings is a useless potato. He cannot kick and is slow, both at thinking and running 

Unkind.He is a player.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

How would you know what the board have been doing regarding caulfield project or any where else?

10 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Very good point you raise asI don’t, you don’t .No one knows, that’s the problem- like a closed shop as Peter Lawrence advocates .Got it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Our selection process has been woeful. Woey should have had games in the 22 and I'll be pretty annoyed if Moniz doesn't get a game this week been getting 30 every week at Casey. In the end it's just shuffling the deck chairs we are a broken club and need a rebuild there are only 6 players I trust the rest need to earn there spot they are Lever, May, Petracca, Viney, Fritsch and Gawn.

Very generous putting Fritsch in that group.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

So who would you have picked at 13 that would have immediate impact this year? 

I would have traded Petty for the picks Adelaide were offering and had the pick of the litter. Or traded 13 for a player on the trade table. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Totally reasonable and correct

• Like 1

Absolutely no-one has been spared today and every single negative post from the last two decades that you could think of came out.

We now question a guy that has played 1 game. The boot studder has to be next. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jayceebee31 said:

Very good point you raise asI don’t, you don’t .No one knows, that’s the problem- like a closed shop as Peter Lawrence advocates .Got it?

Well that's because in done in Confidence as they are in discussions with Glen Eira Council and state government that's not hard to understand.

• Like 1

The difficulty for me is that I have loved every minute of our resurgence from 2014 until now and I hoped that it would continue ala Geelong. However the last couple of weeks has jolted me into the realisation that we may now be in decline and that really hurts. Or are the players confused after having a game plan ingrained in them for a long period of time that they lack the confidence in the transition to a different and more complex game plan. Our problem last year was getting so many I50’s and inaccuracy in front of goal whereas now we can’t get the ball inside 50?? The loss of Gus and to a lesser extent No.29 has eroded class and experience from our list and we don’t trust the recruits that we have bought in to replace our outs. The Team and the Coaches need to get their [censored] together and they need to do it quickly.!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We lose games to WC by 60 points and Fremantle by 92 in 3 weeks we have major problems at the club 

Don’t hide from it. Something is not right 

And the win against the Saints was not exactly scintillating. A win is a win of course but the Saints were putrid and we struggled to get past them for 2.5 quarters.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It’s above the shoulders. The Players have got to WANT to get back on track. 
Yesterday after 5 Minutes, they all chucked it in….

WHY…?

Mentally soft, they talk a lot about respecting the opposition and the game but they don't, not judging by their actions. If they did they wouldn't consistently struggle to get past mid-lower table sides over the last 2.5 years and wouldn't get belted by a bottom 4 side and absolute hammered by a mid-table side.

It's back to the same old Melbourne, I thought and hoped the club had exorcised that soft underbelly but it's still there.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mentally soft, they talk a lot about respecting the opposition and the game but they don't, not judging by their actions. If they did they wouldn't consistently struggle to get past mid-lower table sides over the last 2.5 years and wouldn't get belted by a bottom 4 side and absolute hammered by a mid-table side.

It's back to the same old Melbourne, I thought and hoped the club had exorcised that soft underbelly but it's still there.

This is not the old Melbourne syndrome 

This is on a different level. We have a good list, these are different problems 

• Thanks 2

I am livid right now after this performance. It was an absolute disgrace to see the kind of tripe we saw yesterday. Not to mention the umpiring was an absolute joke and probably cost us any chance, I don't we got one free that we deserved while Freo got everything their way. They're not even that good.

I'd have no problem saying to their face that they were pathetic. The coach needs to be seriously questioned and I don't know where on earth the president is. She's front row centre when we're winning but no-where to be seen when the going gets tough.

An absolute disgrace to the jumper. The club needs to become ruthless and get rid of the soft underbelly that we've always had. A new coach would be a good start.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1