Jump to content

CASEY: Rd 03 vs Port Melbourne



Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tracca said:

I said in the pre season will verral was a spud and showed me nothing in the 3 games i saw live, even the first game this year i was so disappointed.

 

But yesterday he was fantastic and the week be fore he was building into this game. I am hoping he can take this confidence and run with it.

Disco and Sestan were fantastic, Hunters 2nd half was exceptional.

 

After missing half a year injured Verrall was very quickly playing solid VFL footy last year. Finding the ball and halving ruck contests despite low game time and clearly underdone fitness. Not sure which 3 games you saw but he showed more than enough for a first year rookie ruck.

Hunter exceptional? Probably just a pass mark in the second half for a player of his pedigree. Still huge concerns about his kicking and his ability to win the ball in congestion. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Demonsterative said:

So am I to keep my opinion to myself? Or, share my opinions? 

Jefferson is on the end of some disrespectful comments and bullying IMO

 

I will try and explain it to you:

Your stated opinion is that others should not have an opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Either way, someone connected needs to ask the question.

Honestly a waste of carbon emissions moving 110kg down to Frankston to play 20 minutes at full forward. For the sake of the planet get the kid in local footy.

https://vfl.aflmstats.com/player/Kyah_Farris-White

The kid has had 3 kicks in 11 VFL games. Clearly he is not playing big minutes but, seriously, what are we trying to achieve here?

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Either way, someone connected needs to ask the question.

Honestly a waste of carbon emissions moving 110kg down to Frankston to play 20 minutes at full forward. For the sake of the planet get the kid in local footy.

The genuine Casey VFL players who are missing out in a senior selection must watch in horror knowing they should be playing instead of a guy that has absolutely zero of what Football is.

The 50 he gave away was bizarre and shows his low footy IQ

  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, poita said:

https://vfl.aflmstats.com/player/Kyah_Farris-White

The kid has had 3 kicks in 11 VFL games. Clearly he is not playing big minutes but, seriously, what are we trying to achieve here?

He is a category B rookie, meaning he had not played Australian Rules football for at least 3 years before being signed. I think he only played until he was about 12 before following the bball pathway due to his height.

This is now his second year on an AFL list, similar to Jefferson he's had one true preseason.

So what are we trying to achieve? We are rolling the dice on a 206 cm athletic prospect to see if he can pick up AFL football as he develops his body.

We know tall players take longer. At 206 cm it's fair to expect him to take a while if at all.

Basically,given the rarity of height, it's a free hit to see if something comes of it. And if it doesn't we let him go.

 

On current situation, it doesn't seem like he is coming on or that the footy department have much faith in him. If that's correct then he'll be gone year end.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

The genuine Casey VFL players who are missing out in a senior selection must watch in horror knowing they should be playing instead of a guy that has absolutely zero of what Football is.

The 50 he gave away was bizarre and shows his low footy IQ

None of them are 206 cm though. Given his height and youth, he actually has more of a chance of making it in AFL football than gun Casey players who career journeymen and haven't made the AFL grade so far (statistically of course).

Edited by deanox
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, poita said:

https://vfl.aflmstats.com/player/Kyah_Farris-White

The kid has had 3 kicks in 11 VFL games. Clearly he is not playing big minutes but, seriously, what are we trying to achieve here?

I’d rather the MFC/Casey provide opportunities to MFC listed players with a view to see if they will make the grade.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, deanox said:

None of them are 206 cm though. Given his height and youth, he actually has more of a chance of making it in AFL football than gun Casey players who career journeymen and haven't made the AFL grade so far (statistically of course).

He'd struggle to get a kick in the Essendon District Football League at senior level.

He's not even a footballer. A guy that was plucked through basketball footage and a few athletic trial testing.

 

 

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Bystander said:

I will try and explain it to you:

Your stated opinion is that others should not have an opinion. 

Thanks for your opinion Bystander. 
 

Respectfully tho, that is not what I said. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He'd struggle to get a kick in the Essendon District Football League at senior level.

He's not even a footballer. A guy that was plucked through basketball footage and a few athletic trial testing.

 

 

I don't disagree he isn't performing.

But there are only a few thousand people in Australia with that height.

So if you can somehow turn him into a below average footballer instead of a terrible footballer, then he gets a regular AFL game.

 

The AFL is definitely not the best footballers in the country. It is the best footballers of the population that is tall and strong enough to play.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

The genuine Casey VFL players who are missing out in a senior selection must watch in horror knowing they should be playing instead of a guy that has absolutely zero of what Football is.

The 50 he gave away was bizarre and shows his low footy IQ

Yes, I agree with you Dazzler. I hope Casey will give a few games to Noah Yze and Ricky Mentha. Both of these players trained with the club for a while during the Pre-season and Noah Yze was a stand out. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Another scintillating performance by Kyah Farris-White. Certainly putting in the consistency in terms of disposal numbers.

 

Screenshot_20240414_144558_VFL.jpg

 

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He'd struggle to even play senior footy there and would end up in the reserves.. he's genuinely that bad.

I get your point mate...but nothing ventured nothing gained.

We've tried with him and Bradke before and so far haven't had a win.

Personally I would have put more eggs into the Irish experiment where we were once leaders and came up with some real gems. 

  • Like 5
  • Clap 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, poita said:

https://vfl.aflmstats.com/player/Kyah_Farris-White

The kid has had 3 kicks in 11 VFL games. Clearly he is not playing big minutes but, seriously, what are we trying to achieve here?

Yeah he needs to be playing full games at a suitable local level. That's how you develop. He's long odds to make it but at least he'd be a chance if he could play at the right level, get 40+ ruck contests a game and a bunch of marking contests too.

Right now it's like he's trying to learn a language and getting 1 word a week.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, deanox said:

He is a category B rookie, meaning he had not played Australian Rules football for at least 3 years before being signed. I think he only played until he was about 12 before following the bball pathway due to his height.

This is now his second year on an AFL list, similar to Jefferson he's had one true preseason.

So what are we trying to achieve? We are rolling the dice on a 206 cm athletic prospect to see if he can pick up AFL football as he develops his body.

We know tall players take longer. At 206 cm it's fair to expect him to take a while if at all.

Basically,given the rarity of height, it's a free hit to see if something comes of it. And if it doesn't we let him go.

 

On current situation, it doesn't seem like he is coming on or that the footy department have much faith in him. If that's correct then he'll be gone year end.

Should head up to Darwin and play in the NTFL over the summer to get some games in.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, Bystander said:

To quote you verbatim: "Leave the kid alone and keep your opinion to yourself."

Yep, in defence of Jeffo and the lack of respect, I asked for disrespectful opinions to kept to themselves. 
 

Read between the lines 🖕(literally and metaphorically) 😜

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rjay said:

 

I get your point mate...but nothing ventured nothing gained.

We've tried with him and Bradke before and so far haven't had a win.

Personally I would have put more eggs into the Irish experiment where we were once leaders and came up with some real gems. 

I have no idea why considering we were the very first clubs ever in the AFL to pioneer the Irish experiment, we are realistically the only club now not willing to explore this as an option. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I have no idea why considering we were the very first clubs ever in the AFL to pioneer the Irish experiment, we are realistically the only club now not willing to explore this as an option. 

When was our last Irish recruit. Last one I remember was Tohill in about 1990.  I would think every other club has had at least one success or several (Cats) since   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, spirit of norm smith said:

When was our last Irish recruit. Last one I remember was Tohill in about 1990.  I would think every other club has had at least one success or several (Cats) since   

Nick Walsh in 2002

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

we have taken quite a few in the aflw though, so we must have at least some scouts out there

Goldy & Mackin integral players in our Premiership...

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I have no idea why considering we were the very first clubs ever in the AFL to pioneer the Irish experiment, we are realistically the only club now not willing to explore this as an option. 

Got me baffled 'daze'...

The mens & women's team should be working together on this.Use the resources at hand.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It took Gawn 4 or 5 years make it consistently at AFL level. Tom Hawkins similar.

Point is with younger players its more about the future than now or last year. A few thought Gawn was mediocre at best. You just have to trust the club and its processes. The players will get all they need from the club to eventually make the grade . If they don't the club will let them go.

  • Like 7
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    THE BLOW by Whispering Jack

    Narrm’s finals prospects took a crushing blow after the team’s insipid performance at Optus Stadium against a confident Waaljit Marawar in the first of its Doug Nicholls Round outings for 2024.  I use the description “crushing blow” advisedly because, although the season is not yet at it’s halfway mark, the Demons have now failed abysmally in two of their games against teams currently occupying bottom eight places on the ladder.  The manner in which these losing games were played out w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 4

    HALF FULL by KC from Casey

    It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 109

    PODCAST: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 20th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons disaapoiting performance against the Eagles at Optus Stadium in Round 10. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 31

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 426

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

    WARNING by William from Waalitj

    As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 22

    OVER YET? by KC from Casey

    The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...