• Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Not sure who gave who what

Trac 5/5 = 10

Clarry 4/3 = 7

Chandler 3/2 = 5

Brayshaw 1/4 = 5

Pickett 2/1 = 3

I reckon Clarko gave Oliver 4. He basically killed the game in the first quarter. Made sure it was done and dusted. 
Great to see Kade recognized too! 

Bloody Trac is why Clarry won’t win a Brownlow by the way. And why Trac won’t win one either.  Rude 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Jaded No More said:

I reckon Clarko gave Oliver 4. He basically killed the game in the first quarter. Made sure it was done and dusted. 
Great to see Kade recognized too! 

Bloody Trac is why Clarry won’t win a Brownlow by the way. And why Trac won’t win one either.  Rude 😂

Let Carlton supporters salivate over Brownlows and Colemans. I'll take Premiership Cups and Norm Smiths any day of the week.

• Like 19
  • Love 5
  • Clap 1

12 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

I'd have Clarrie over Dangerfield any day of the week. Can't understand why he polls so well.

If Dangerfield copped half as much as Oliver did RE his kicking it would be a miracle.

I think we all understand that blokes who win the ball inside and bang it on the boot under pressure aren't hitting targets as much as a loose outsider.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

I'd have Clarrie over Dangerfield any day of the week. Can't understand why he polls so well.

Because its Dangerfield. He will run the AFL one day. Everyone just loves to fawn all over him.

Same way that they tell me how great Hawkins is, because he literally decapitates his opponent each week so he can take a mark, and the umpires let it happen.

Imagine if Gawn could do half the [censored] Hawkins does... he would be taking 95 contested marks a game. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

How could he say that if his head is detached from his body?  :D

Because it is a modern medical miracle!!

Seriously, how do you “accidentally” break someone’s jaw with your motionless hand when handballing?

• Like 2

Here are the updated season tallies for all Melbourne players:

33 Christian Petracca
29 Clayton Oliver
12 Brodie Grundy
12 Kysaiah Pickett
11 Jake Lever
8 Max Gawn
6 Ed Langdon
6 Jack Viney
6 Kade Chandler
5 Angus Brayshaw
4 Michael Hibberd
2 Tom McDonald
1 Lachie Hunter

https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_stats.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Because he is Steven May. He just grew a new head. 
Stop asking silly questions. 

I had no idea he was a Taswegian

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, WheeloRatings said:

Here are the updated season tallies for all Melbourne players:

33 Christian Petracca
29 Clayton Oliver
12 Brodie Grundy
12 Kysaiah Pickett
11 Jake Lever
8 Max Gawn
6 Ed Langdon
6 Jack Viney
6 Kade Chandler
5 Angus Brayshaw
4 Michael Hibberd
2 Tom McDonald
1 Lachie Hunter

https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_stats.html

Yes first votes this year for Brayshaw.  He’s had a moderate to quiet start to 2023. But he proved his quality this week. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes first votes this year for Brayshaw.  He’s had a moderate to quiet start to 2023. But he proved his quality this week. 

No coincidence that he played more midfield minutes and got votes. He’s wasted down back but I understand why he’s been down there. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Id have Clarry over ANYONE...... DAY BLOODY IN, DAY BLOODY OUT!!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

No coincidence that he played more midfield minutes and got votes. He’s wasted down back but I understand why he’s been down there. 

Was interesting that Sparrow, Jordon, Kozzie even Harmes when he came on spent more time in the midfield. Perhaps after quarter time they thought with a 10 goal lead it would be a perfect time to blood them? Even saw Tracc and Clarry dropping back to half back on occasions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Because its Dangerfield. He will run the AFL one day. Everyone just loves to fawn all over him.

Same way that they tell me how great Hawkins is, because he literally decapitates his opponent each week so he can take a mark, and the umpires let it happen.

Imagine if Gawn could do half the [censored] Hawkins does... he would be taking 95 contested marks a game. 

Tough on Dangerfield..more people hate him than recognise how valuable   he is to his team.

You need to grow up

When Clarrie can produce a coherent sentence people will realise how good he is.

Edited by IRW
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

I really think he did his best work across half back though. His intercepting work was a real weapon for us and complemented the intercept marking of Lever, Rivers, May.

Most of his possessions were down back too, only a few in the middle.

Screenshot_20230501_193409_AFL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, IRW said:

Tough on Dangerfield..more people hate him than recognise how valuable   he is to his team.

You need to grow up

When Clarrie can produce a coherent sentence people will realise how good he is.

Where in my post did I say he was not a great footballer?

I said he will run the AFL one day. He has a finger in every pie and the media love him. 
Just because I find him and his club insufferable, doesn’t mean I don’t recognize what a great player he’s been over the journey. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, deanox said:

I really think he did his best work across half back though. His intercepting work was a real weapon for us and complemented the intercept marking of Lever, Rivers, May.

Most of his possessions were down back too, only a few in the middle.

Screenshot_20230501_193409_AFL.jpg

I think in general because the game was done within 8 minutes and the other defenders had their forwards covered, he was able to play a lot more loosely and run off and impact forward of the centre more than usual. 
Had a great game as a result. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Where in my post did I say he was not a great footballer?

I said he will run the AFL one day. He has a finger in every pie and the media love him. 
Just because I find him and his club insufferable, doesn’t mean I don’t recognize what a great player he’s been over the journey. 

Ha ha my bad..

I read  that you wrote " ruin" rather than "run "!! 

In my defence I was born in Geelong and other than the home ground advantage favouritism thing I still have a soft spot for them. 

Last years premiership team was  "complete ", brilliantly prepared  and Selwood and Dangerfield firmly turned the game when required after half time.

I hope Trac and Clarrie can become as precisely effective as  career partners. 

I rather be playing the Cats for this year's flag than last year's.

I detest Richmond who were the Club that stole MFC' s home ground advantage 

Edited by IRW