Spam Emails from North Melbourne

Satan

Got a couple; Wednesday and Yesterday. Put them both into junk mail! Damned if I know how they obtained my email address (although maybe I can guess). 
Cheeky ba***rds!

• Haha 1

Yep, I also got a junk email for the North Melbourne tipping comp. Strange. I would guess a legacy of past tipping comp participation and the way data is held.

There is a company out there now which you can authorise and pay a modest amount to systematically identify everywhere that your data has been retained, and go through the process of formally requesting removal.

I'm too broke to do it but will right on it as soon as I have any identity worth protecting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dee Dee said:

Got a couple; Wednesday and Yesterday. Put them both into junk mail! Damned if I know how they obtained my email address (although maybe I can guess). 
Cheeky ba***rds!

The mailing list is handled by the ticket company. Not impressed at all.

This is what I posted on the ticketing thread:

On a related topic I have got some strange emails from the membership depts managed presumably by the ticketing companies.

First was last week encouraging me to renew my MFC membership which was done 4 months ago. Yesterday I got one asking me to join the North Melbourne tipping comp. The footer said I had registered to receive updates from North Melbourne which of course I have never done.

In these days of cyber hacks you wonder how secure and maintained your data is. Not to mention where it is

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Satan said:

Got 1 this week  and From another thread another member got one. Any ideas why?  Surely club wont sell membership list  to an opponent . A club sponsor ?

My wife did. I assume it was as a result of buying a reserved seat ticket last year on our Ticketmaster/Ticketek (whichever Marvel uses) account. 

We got similar spam email from Brisbane and Fremantle after buying reserved seats for those games last year. 

Seems they data mine that info. Best to unsubscribe. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Demonland said:

My wife did. I assume it was as a result of buying a reserved seat ticket last year on our Ticketmaster/Ticketek (whichever Marvel uses) account. 

We got similar spam email from Brisbane and Fremantle after buying reserved seats for those games last year. 

Seems they data mine that info. Best to unsubscribe. 

I did and I always tick the no promotional box when buying tickets

• Like 2

• Demonland changed the title to Spam Emails from North Melbourne

They're sponsored by Tiktok, so suddenly they're a very powerful club with "ways" of finding things out, and not to be messed with. Woe betide the club that beats them in a match this year. There will be a price to be paid.

I advise everyone who received this "offer" to take it up, otherwise you'll have an "exchange student" living in your house reporting everything that's said or done to "Tiktok" headquarters.

GO DEMONS ROOS!!!

• Haha 6
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Satan said:

I did and I always tick the no promotional box when buying tickets

I do too. But I still received promotional emails from Brisbane & Freo after attending those games. Unsubscribing straight away solved the issue. 

I purchased the reserved seat for the North game in Round 10 and didn’t receive any spam from them until last week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gorgoroth said:

Send horrible filthy pics, they unsubscribe you… 😄

By the way Gorg you have now subscribed to my crochet and spoon collection club. Looking forward to your retaliation 🙂

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, ManDee said:

By the way Gorg you have now subscribed to my crochet and spoon collection club. Looking forward to your retaliation 🙂

I would but I’m am certain… actually absolutely certain I would be banned from here and on the ever of round one, not something I’m looking to have happen to me 😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

I received one of those Nth Melb emails a couple of days ago, about 7 days after I renewed my membership. Being in Sydney I haven’t purchased any seating this year as yet. Not very impressed at all. I can’t live with the thought that someone thinks I might follow Nth.

I purchased last year and received the spam email last week. 

• Like 1