Top 10 players from other clubs to help our list

Deedubs

17 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

It’s an interesting one as longer term we need key forwards due to the age of whose on our list.

In the short term (2022/23) I’d still be keen on a lockdown defender for a Charlie Cameron/Heeney/Weightman type. Nev and Hibbo used to be great, and I’ve been super impressed with Hunt. It’s purely that the ground ball in defence is almost our only slight weakness.

Yeah I agree. A lockdown defender is definitely a need, along a tall kay forward (Van Rooyen is still a wait and see prospect) and we need a good defender for life after May. 

• Like 1

Would love McKay or Max King (if Choco can solve his kicking issues) to replace TMac and eventually BBB.

McLuggage on the opposite wing to Langdon would also be quite nice.

Cripps would also probably get a game at Melbourne... sub probably

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 11:29 AM, Demonstone said:

"Cherry ripe" is another term that is now ubiquitous to the point of being cliched.

I thought it was a cliche back in the 70's - as in a player has struggled the whole preseason but 10 days out from game 1 some unknown club functionary is quoted as saying 'He will be cherry ripe for round 1'

• Like 1

13 hours ago, David-Demon said:

Yes, I do not believe he would walk into a Melbourne outfit. You cannot compare him to BBB or even No 2 B

Are you saying Harry Mackay wouldn’t get a game at the MFC and he is passed it at 24?

• Like 1

1. Heeney

... daylight ...

2. Curnow

3. Khamis

4. Tom Greene

5. Shai Bolton

6. Max King

Eric Hipwood.

Isaac Heeney.

Butters and Rozzee from Port.

Isaac Rankine.

Zach Merrett.

Andrew Brayshaw.

Tom Greene from GWS

Jason Koschitske

Karl Amon.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:37 AM, Jaded No More said:

Would love McKay or Max King (if Choco can solve his kicking issues) to replace TMac and eventually BBB.

McLuggage on the opposite wing to Langdon would also be quite nice.

Cripps would also probably get a game at Melbourne... sub probably

Look I agree that guy Cripps def a Sub at the D's but what happens to Bedford who is our usual Sub ? Well guess it's a toss up as to whether we play Cripps or Bedford..

Now let me see hnmm....... Daylight..

More daylight..

Cant actually think of any coz

U gotta fit the Psyche, not too many " we" players who I think would match up!

King

King

Whitfield

McCluggage

Daniher

Toby Greene

Houston

Mills

Gaff

De Goey

A Key forward is obviously our weakest point - Kings, Daniher

A second gun wing would help our side - Whitfield, McCluggage, Houston, Gaff

Toby Greene is just a once in a lifetime type player, the clear best at what he is

Mills could be a Viney upgrade

And De Goey up forward and chopping out with Petracca would be scary for any back pocket that has to man them up.

4 hours ago, Travy14 said:

King

King

Whitfield

McCluggage

Daniher

Toby Greene

Houston

Mills

Gaff

De Goey

A Key forward is obviously our weakest point - Kings, Daniher

A second gun wing would help our side - Whitfield, McCluggage, Houston, Gaff

Toby Greene is just a once in a lifetime type player, the clear best at what he is

Mills could be a Viney upgrade

And De Goey up forward and chopping out with Petracca would be scary for any back pocket that has to man them up.

GAFF ??? NO FRIGGEN WAY KNOWN. De Goey and Greene do not in any way fit our culture.

6 hours ago, picket fence said:

GAFF ??? NO FRIGGEN WAY KNOWN. De Goey and Greene do not in any way fit our culture.

Gaff is one of the best wingmen in the game.  And after this year coukd also be cheap as chips he woukd actually be a gettable target.

I get De Goey but he is a gun.

As for Toby,  he just plays on the line,  by all accounts he is a huge club man and everyone loves him.  So I think he would fit out culture.  And he is the biggest X factor in the AFL

24 minutes ago, Travy14 said:

Gaff is one of the best wingmen in the game.  And after this year coukd also be cheap as chips he woukd actually be a gettable target.

I get De Goey but he is a gun.

As for Toby,  he just plays on the line,  by all accounts he is a huge club man and everyone loves him.  So I think he would fit out culture.  And he is the biggest X factor in the AFL

He might be able to play, but we have LANGERS, JJ and GUS, and as such would not get a game

We need to manage our cap position, so players like Ben King are unrealistic.

Jason Horne-Francis should be number one target for 2024. We have the lure of being a top side and, with our cap position, we won't be able to get him with money. (This would be revenge for Scully.)

Next year, we should be looking at star veterans like Breust, Gunston, Issac Smith (ironically), Gray and Boak.

18 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

We need to manage our cap position, so players like Ben King are unrealistic.

Jason Horne-Francis should be number one target for 2024. We have the lure of being a top side and, with our cap position, we won't be able to get him with money. (This would be revenge for Scully.)

Next year, we should be looking at star veterans like Breust, Gunston, Issac Smith (ironically), Gray and Boak.

Hmm, not sure how you think King is unrealistic but JHF isn't in 2024.  Both sadly would be out of our reach financially.

If everything goes to plan and we are incredibly fortunate enough to go back to back, I don't see the point in going for any veterans really.  If our kids are good enough to win two in a row, what would the lads you mentioned above do to assist?  They'd be playing twos on decent money preventing our next gen from developing.

I've had a taste of the good life now, in terms of ladder position and finals.  I don't want us to fall of a cliff like the Eagles so we do need to keep bringing in high quality youth and young talent each year to prevent that from happening.

12 hours ago, Travy14 said:

Toby Greene is not going to happen.  Superstar yes but he's just as likely to cost you a final (suspension) than win you one and do you really want the drama of having De Goey on your list? 

Everyone raves about our culture.  Players like this absolutely destroy it.

Sadly, the only players I want (Touk, McKay, Cripps, McCluggage, Whitefield, Haynes, Taranto, Grimes, King and a King) would be far out of our reach $$ and picks wise.  But, one can dare to dream

Edited by Deeko2

21 minutes ago, Deeko2 said:

Hmm, not sure how you think King is unrealistic but JHF isn't in 2024.  Both sadly would be out of our reach financially.

If everything goes to plan and we are incredibly fortunate enough to go back to back, I don't see the point in going for any veterans really.  If our kids are good enough to win two in a row, what would the lads you mentioned above do to assist?  They'd be playing twos on decent money preventing our next gen from developing.

I've had a taste of the good life now, in terms of ladder position and finals.  I don't want us to fall of a cliff like the Eagles so we do need to keep bringing in high quality youth and young talent each year to prevent that from happening.

Toby Greene is not going to happen.  Superstar yes but he's just as likely to cost you a final (suspension) than win you one and do you really want the drama of having De Goey on your list? 

Everyone raves about our culture.  Players like this absolutely destroy it.

Sadly, the only players I want (Touk, McKay, Cripps, McCluggage, Whitefield, Haynes, Taranto, Grimes, King and a King) would be far out of our reach $$ and picks wise.  But, one can dare to dream

None of them are going to happen.  It's just who would make the side better.