Coach is Disappointing

Redleg

We clearly have a number of major injuries and in my opinion this was the time to give some youngsters a go. Newton played a good game last week and is big and quick with good hands and a long kick. He has been at the club a couple of years but Neale shows no faith in him. This week Malthouse is playing three newcomers. He is having a go. He is givng his boys experience and his supporters something to get excited about.

As a Melbourne supporter what do I look forward to this week, probably only the hope that Petterd gets a game even though I think a big, quick forward would have been better given the injuries to Neita and Robbo.

I accept that Newton is not starring but you don't need to in this situation to be given a chance.

Petterd will hopefully become a good player as will Frawley but Neale has shown he is reluctant to play youngsters in preference to tried and tested older players.

I thought Holland was dreadful in the first game yet he is back. PJ was dreadful last week for Sandy yet he is back. Yze was ok and so was Bizz the week before.

Geelong had no problem in playing Hawkins and last year Nathan Ablett, Essendon has Jetta and Davey ( 22 years old ) but new to AFL, etc. etc. We just don't generally give our youth a go. How long were we all screaming for Dunn and when he played he was good. I find that very frustrating especially at this time with the injuries, but probably not as frustrating as Newton is finding it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

malthouse has more of a clue than Daniher

Where the hsll is Sylvia? Newton should have been named!!

SAME OLD TIRED FACES

This club is going NOWHERE

Amen to everything you just said!!!

I'm a "play the kids" junkie, I admit it, but FFS there has never been a better time to take a chance.

We're 0-2, we've got a massive injury list, our depth is extremely ordinary and we're coming up against a good side.

I don't blame any Melbourne supporter who doesn't feel like wasting their Sunday watching Brown, Godfrey and Bizzell kicking hospital passes to Geelong's defenders.

Yeah give BERT a go.

The Ox rates him massively, shame Danners has never heard of him.

On that, does Neale go to all of the Sandy games when Melbourne is not playing ? It is just that I go to quite a few Sandy games and never see him. I am not saying he isn't there because he could come in a different way, I just don't see him.

We have a truckload of injuries, but Danners just wantas to play Ward, Wheatley, Godders, Bizzell etcccc

Petterd, Warnock, Sylvia and Newton should all be in the team vs the Cats!!

IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

Amen to everything you just said!!!

I'm a "play the kids" junkie, I admit it, but FFS there has never been a better time to take a chance.

We're 0-2, we've got a massive injury list, our depth is extremely ordinary and we're coming up against a good side.

I don't blame any Melbourne supporter who doesn't feel like wasting their Sunday watching Brown, Godfrey and Bizzell kicking hospital passes to Geelong's defenders.

Since when has Bizzell been a bad kick?

Since when has Bizzell been a bad kick?

I just picked the first 3 ordinary players that came to my head.

If you're really that upset about it, I can edit his name and put in Ward or BRUCE or....

Please don't make me list anymore, it's depressing enough as it is. :(

I just picked the first 3 ordinary players that came to my head.

If you're really that upset about it, I can edit his name and put in Ward or BRUCE or....

Please don't make me list anymore, it's depressing enough as it is. :(

We're all upset, but IMO bringing in Bizzell is the only positive amongst so many negatives.

I woulnt mind seeing the Biz get a crack at Full Forweard

BUT I WOULD PREFER SEEING SYLVIA THERE

The biggest disaster here is NO RIVERS.

How the hell will we contain the Cats Forwards without the general?

We cant

Maybe we should send Neitz back

Yep, especially if he lines up at FF alongside PJ and Ferguson.

Exciting stuff! :lol:

I don't want to turn this into a Bizzell thread but the guy never did a lot wrong.

He was in good form in '04 before his facial injury.

He was OK (some good and some bad form) in '05 and was dropped after his form faded a bit towards the end of the year.

Finally in '06 he had a broken leg and was never really able to be fully fit and ready to make it into the Melbourne side.

People are so quick to judge a player just because he gets dropped. That is, people think that just because the coach doesn't choose him, he's no longer good enough. The irony is that this whole thread is about people venting their frustrations with the coach's team selection.

Give the guy a chance to actually play some footy before giving up on him.

I don't want to turn this into a Bizzell thread but the guy never did a lot wrong.

I have nothing against Bizzell as a player, I just don't see the point in playing an ordinary footballer (yes, ordinary, especially since he's lost a yard of pace in the last couple of years) who won't be at Melbourne next year.

He was a good, loose defender 3 seasons ago. Then along came a much better footballer in Rivers and took his spot. These things happen, that's the nature of football. Given that Rivers is out this week, I can see the logic behind Bizzell's inclusion, I'm just not excited by it.

Still, they gave him a 3 year deal so they have to justify is somehow.

Give the guy a chance to actually play some footy before giving up on him.

Well said.

We have had a very good run with less injuries than most Melbourne clubs for a couple of years.

Many players will be seeing this as the chance they are waiting for.

Yes it will be a big challenge.

Yes we wont see all our "stars".

Dont forget this is the type of game we may win against all odds. We have done it before.

Dont forget also that this is the very type of game that Geelong may choke in.

If we do get up, you will wish you were there!

Guest dee'viator
On that, does Neale go to all of the Sandy games when Melbourne is not playing ? It is just that I go to quite a few Sandy games and never see him. I am not saying he isn't there because he could come in a different way, I just don't see him.

In his defence, just to be fair 'Redleg', I think he goes to watch other AFL matches to see what's coming up, but Fagan, Curran, Riley & (Paul) Williams are usually seen sitting in the grandstand at TBO.

I realise Newton's form hasn't been good enough an he's young, but if he can't get a game when we have 3 of our 4 main tall forward options out, when is he going to get a game?

Honestly I have to wonder what Daniher is trying to do. Jamar, PJ, White, Ferguson and Bizzell have proven themselves as much as forwards as Juice, and none of them besides maybe PJ have substantial futures in that position, and even he is on thin ice...

I'd love to get his impressions on why he's selecting our depth over our future. We'd have as much hope of winning with Petterd, Buckley and Newton playing as Ward, Godders and Brown, only we'd have some sort of hope for the future.

Jeez, how much of a broken record am I?

I have nothing against Bizzell as a player, I just don't see the point in playing an ordinary footballer (yes, ordinary, especially since he's lost a yard of pace in the last couple of years) who won't be at Melbourne next year.

He was a good, loose defender 3 seasons ago. Then along came a much better footballer in Rivers and took his spot. These things happen, that's the nature of football. Given that Rivers is out this week, I can see the logic behind Bizzell's inclusion, I'm just not excited by it.

Still, they gave him a 3 year deal so they have to justify is somehow.

I agree that they should be trying new players but I also agree with the selection of Bizzell because I believe that he can offer value to the side.

Yeah, I had Biz in my 22 in round 1. While I realise he's up against it to be retained for next year, I also realise he has a history of being a class player. If we wrote off every player who'd turned 30, JMac wouldn't have won a B&F. It's possible that Biz could come back in and have more impact than many of the players that are already in there.

Why is anyone surprised? ND has always done this - HE's a tried, tested, and FAILED coach, so he picks tried, tested and FAILED players. My daughter has just joined the club (twice, she says - the 1st & last) but will go shopping rather than watch a has been coach (although I reckon he's a never was) play players who are "old & slow" rather than the youngsters she joined the club to watch!

people absolutely caned the hell out of me for posting my thread "MUST READ..please reply!!"

yet what i said was exactly what everyone is saying now that this weeks team has been announced!!

isnt that very hypocrytical??

the side for this week is slow....its as easy as that!!! CJ cant get near the ball, TJ is out of sorts as is davey!!

holland, jamar, godfrey, ferguson, brown, yze, wheatley, etc etc we are slow!! there is no genuine footspeed in our team!!

i have never once said a bad word about the dees....i love this team as much as any other supporter...more than others!! but i am struggling to see anything positive atm!!!

no dunn, no rivers, no neitz, no frawley, no bartram, no robbo, no brock, no sylvia!!!!!

pickett seems to be past it and davey,yze and trav are out of form badly!!!

:(