My 2019 List Appraisal

shorty

My List Appraisal 

A+ Champion All Australian

A  Consistent Good player 

A- Gets a game at any club

B+ Shows potential could rise to greatness or on the slide.

B - Average

B-  On thin ice

C+ - Delistable

C- Vfl quality only

MAY A-

JONES B-

SALEM B+

HARMES B+

PETRACCA B+

Viney B

BRAYSHAW B+

OLIVER A

GAWN A

LEVER B

FROST B

HIBBERD B

FRITZ B+

TMAC A-

WEIDERMAN B-

MELKSHAM B

JETTA B

HUNT B-

BAKER C

Lewis B

LOCKHART C+

OMAC C+

HANNAN B

TSMITH B-

JSmith B

KK B

JKH B-

PETTY B

PRUESS C

GARLETT C+

KEILTY C

AVB B

Spargo C+

Stretch B-

CWagner C+

JWagner B-

ANB B-

Hore B

Dunkley C+

Personally, I have sat back this year and not been overly critical of MFC. Strange as the year has been less than acceptable. 

I do think last years rise and sudden fall was too much for a few players and they did not adjust to 2019.

With Mission gone and Burgess in, I personally think that will make a huge difference. The extended break and early start to preseason will be gold. A few coaching changes and new outlook will be defining. 

What will be crucial, is how we go about the draft and trade period. Pick 2/3 should not be traded. There kids come in and can play like they have for 5 years. Only way it could be trade is if we get an amazing player and a early second round back.

I still think sparrow will be a jet and it is important we realise weeds is still young and will be a gun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dirts said:

Personally, I have sat back this year and not been overly critical of MFC. Strange as the year has been less than acceptable. 

I do think last years rise and sudden fall was too much for a few players and they did not adjust to 2019.

With Mission gone and Burgess in, I personally think that will make a hets  get Use back to uge difference. The extended break and early start to preseason will be gold. A few coaching changes and new outlook will be defining. 

What will be crucial, is how we go about the draft and trade period. Pick 2/3 should not be traded. There kids come in and can play like they have for 5 years. Only way it could be trade is if we get an amazing player and a early second round back.

I still think sparrow will be a jet and it is important we realise weeds is still young and will be a gun.

Let's get YZE back

Add Butler , J Thomas, Langdon , Crocker and J Martin.

Keep pick 2

7 hours ago, shorty said:

My List Appraisal 

A+ Champion All Australian

A  Consistent Good player 

A- Gets a game at any club

B+ Shows potential could rise to greatness or on the slide.

B - Average

B-  On thin ice

C+ - Delistable

C- Vfl quality only

MAY A-

JONES B-

SALEM B+

HARMES B+

PETRACCA B+

Viney B

BRAYSHAW B+

OLIVER A

GAWN A

LEVER B

FROST B

HIBBERD B

FRITZ B+

TMAC A-

WEIDERMAN B-

MELKSHAM B

JETTA B

HUNT B-

BAKER C

Lewis B

LOCKHART C+

OMAC C+

HANNAN B

TSMITH B-

JSmith B

KK B

JKH B-

PETTY B

PRUESS C

GARLETT C+

KEILTY C

AVB B

Spargo C+

Stretch B-

CWagner C+

JWagner B-

ANB B-

Hore B

Dunkley C+

this season? all should get a F for failures!

Edited by Demonsone

9 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Darren Burgess has an almost blank canvas to work from

i hope he is really looking forward to this challenge 

What do we spend our time on? Physical fitness or foot skills in the preseason? You would think you could do both but I am not sure these days as they will spend 3 sessions a week for 90 minutes  or so at Goschs paddock testing their footy skills and running laps. Is that enough to make a difference to both their skills and ability to run out a game? Not sure given the lack of skills we are dealing with. 

Edited by Earl Hood

Just now, Earl Hood said:

What do we spend our time on? Physical fitness or foot skills in the preseason? You would think you could do both but I am not sure these days as they will spend 3 sessions a week for 90 minutes  or so at Goschs paddock testing their footy skills and running laps. Is that enough to make a difference to both their skills and ability to run out a game? 

I have no idea Hood. But we have to rewrite the Template for training methods if it needs to be done. 

I am hoping this is similar to John Kennedy in the late 50’s

We need Physical Fitness, Mental Strength, hand and foot skills all to improve massively. And then hopefully improve injury management legally!!

it has to be completely revamped, membership will demand it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I have no idea Hood. But we have to rewrite the Template for training methods if it needs to be done. 

I am hoping this is similar to John Kennedy in the late 50’s

We need Physical Fitness, Mental Strength, hand and foot skills all to improve massively. And then hopefully improve injury management legally!!

it has to be completely revamped, membership will demand it

I agree in theory it should be possible to work on all these areas as they are 6 day a week professionals but I always wonder what they do with their time in the 4 or 5 months of the preseason. At best you see them 2 or 3 times a week out on the field for one or two hours, what are they doing the rest of the time? I don’t know but I hope it is not spent studying a game plan that hasn’t been working.

And from watching training this year it is apparent to me that they do not play how they train anyway. When training we move the ball quickly often switching play to use the full width of the ground always looking for a forward lead up. 

Our training drills have zero emphasis on practicing small forward crumbing skills because our drills have us delivering the ball to a presenting key forward who will often take the mark. Come game day we are lobbing balls high to a contest that gets brought to ground but we have no small forwards positioned to take advantage  but instead the opposition is there ready to run the ball out at high speed to their advantage. So the training drills we do are of limited use if we can’t replicate it on game day with success. 

Let’s hope for a big change out in assistant coaching resources for next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Earl Hood said:

I agree in theory it should be possible to work on all these areas as they are 6 day a week professionals but I always wonder what they do with their time in the 4 or 5 months of the preseason. At best you see them 2 or 3 times a week out on the field for one or two hours, what are they doing the rest of the time? I don’t know but I hope it is not spent studying a game plan that hasn’t been working.

And from watching training this year it is apparent to me that they do not play how they train anyway. When training we move the ball quickly often switching play to use the full width of the ground always looking for a forward lead up. 

Our training drills have zero emphasis on practicing small forward crumbing skills because our drills have us delivering the ball to a presenting key forward who will often take the mark. Come game day we are lobbing balls high to a contest that gets brought to ground but we have no small forwards positioned to take advantage  but instead the opposition is there ready to run the ball out at high speed to their advantage. So the training drills we do are of limited use if we can’t replicate it on game day with success. 

Let’s hope for a big change out in assistant coaching resources for next year. 

I agree. I don’t understand the workings of modern training. But whatever it is, it isn’t working. 

I hope this summer is exciting 

• Like 1

You need something like an NA (not assessable) category for players like Dunkley and a couple of others ( maybe Lockhart) until they’ve played more than a few games. C+ Delistable is far too harsh!

• Like 1