POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs Adelaide

Demonland

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's part and parcel of the game, the sport runs on the passion of the people. Part of that is everyone has an opinion on it and if you don't perform you'll be criticised.

Don't like it? Go get a 9-5er like every other Joe schmo out there and live in anonymity.

Unless you are an umpire.

5 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Hoping for some consistency from Weideman and a return to some form by Tom Mac..

Have to wonder at what point we conclude this isn’t just about “form” with T Mac.

He’s now attracting the opposition’s best defender and on what we’ve seen this season, he’s well below the standard required for a main target. He’s approaching 27 now. This is as good as it’s gonna get. And we can all see the flaws in his game.

I feel like we need to look elsewhere. Without too much delay. Place a Josh Kennedy or Jeremy Cameron into that side last night and it would’ve been iced well before the final siren.

I’d love him to prove me wrong but my faith in T Mac is fading fast.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P-man said:

You know it’s a bad loss when you have people on Facebook saying they are finished with the club.

They’re all back the following week of course, but it’s still a sign it was a bad loss.

The amusing thing is that if that last kick went through and we won, all would be forgiven.  We'd have the usual criticisms of some players etc, but this thread would be much more positive.

Edited by sue
  • Like 6

56 minutes ago, Soidee said:

Brayshaw, Fritsich, frost, Gawn, Hannan, harmes, hibberd, both McDonald’s, Hunt, Oliver, petracca, Smith, spargo, Viney, stretch, weideman, JKH.  I left out Jones, he has had 14 years of development.

I wasnt going to bother responding because you've changed your parameters  (3 years under roos and 3 under goodwin) but ill assume u meant at least 3 years of development.

Development is one part of the puzzle. 

If u expect them to win every game then good for u. 

17 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Got you.

We can say what we like cos they probably won't read it.  

Secondly they get abused at the games so we can do it here.

Thirdly paid up members have the right to bully and abuse players on social media cos we've paid money. 

Finally it's okay cos they get abused in the papers as well. 

I'm not sure you've helped your cause. 

Well if want want to reengineer human nature good luck.

Show me where I stated that I condone abuse.

Just stated the truth bb.

Dont think you helped yours by being so emotive.

Just now, sue said:

The amusing thing is that if that last kick wet through and we won, all would be forgiven.  We'd have the usual criticisms of some players etc, but this thread would be much more positive.

It would. But when you kick 1.8 in the last quarter (still can’t believe that as I’m typing it), you deserve everything that comes your way.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scoop Junior said:

I know many have been saying we need to practise our goal kicking, but I'm sure we do similar amounts to other teams.

To me, it's a mental issue.

Agreed its bw the ears but thats even more a reason for even more practise.

11 minutes ago, P-man said:

It would. But when you kick 1.8 in the last quarter (still can’t believe that as I’m typing it), you deserve everything that comes your way.

No, not everything that comes your way.  But you do deserve everything  that relates to poor kicking (and let's not forget those those dropped chest marks).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Got you.

We can say what we like cos they probably won't read it.  

Secondly they get abused at the games so we can do it here.

Thirdly paid up members have the right to bully and abuse players on social media cos we've paid money. 

Finally it's okay cos they get abused in the papers as well. 

I'm not sure you've helped your cause. 

You hate it so much, why come here.?

Why not make your own site,  in a whitewashed,  right wing styled show ?  

... and maybe   Israel Fau'lout  will happen along,  as well.

Edited by DV8
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's part and parcel of the game, the sport runs on the passion of the people. Part of that is everyone has an opinion on it and if you don't perform you'll be criticised.

Don't like it? Go get a 9-5er like every other Joe schmo out there and live in anonymity.

Don't bother explaining to a ceramic statue...  who wants to control passions like some sort of yo-yo...  to be toiled on and off,  Via his come hither pipers-charm.

Edited by DV8

16 hours ago, Demonia said:

Priority must be given to set shot goal kicking, Field play was much improved but set shot kicking was, as usual, a F**KING DISASTER. IF Melbourne do nothing else but practice set shot goal kicking I will find a way to believe...again...

i think they need to work on their mental state when kicking, too many players done look confident in kicking for goal.

Perhaps we should recruit the Carlton person who kicked difficult goal after the siren. 50 m plus no problem straight through. Why can’t our blokes kick ?

7 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Agreed its bw the ears but thats even more a reason for even more practise.

True.  I suspect it would be useful to practise with goal posts significantly closer together than normal.  Then when you see wider goals in front of you under the pressure of a match, you will be more confident.  For this to work  it must be marked a failed attempt at training if you miss, so no one can excuse misses as 'well I would have got it on normal posts'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We had enough players out there to win,

Sigh.

Go back and look at the Gameday thread when it was announced that first Hore, and then Salem were out. The discussion wasn't whether we were going to lose or not, but by how much. About the only time in the last 24 hours that collective Demonland has displayed any objectivity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deecisive said:

i think they need to work on their mental state when kicking, too many players done look confident in kicking for goal.

It's called experience. Nothing that another 100 games won't fix.

1 minute ago, sue said:

True.  I suspect it would be useful to practise with goal posts significantly closer together than normal.  Then when you see wider goals in front of you under the pressure of a match, you will be more confident.  For this to work  it must be marked a failed attempt at training if you miss, so no one can excuse misses as 'well I would have got it on normal posts'.

Like Bradman and his stump cricket bat.

I was wondering if we need the cheer squad to bring those targets we have in crowd at mcg?

I am over the Darwin game. bring it back where it belongs please.

6 hours ago, Unleash Hell said:

Weid was pretty good as well. 

If you ignore his final kick i'd say it was a very good game.

It certainly was a 'better' game for the Weed in comparison to those that he has demonstrated in the past. For this, it must be considered to reek some potential. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sue said:

The amusing thing is that if that last kick went through and we won, all would be forgiven.  We'd have the usual criticisms of some players etc, but this thread would be much more positive.

Yes, I understand that point of view, but the fact remains we lost and many of us knew we would at three quarter time.

7 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

He still runs under the ball in marking contests and has very little agility.

If the ball isn't served to him on a platter he's not much good.

So you wouldn't play him? 

Or are u saying he has development left.

I suppose all kpps are hybrids now?

1 hour ago, Unleash Hell said:

I wasnt going to bother responding because you've changed your parameters  (3 years under roos and 3 under goodwin) but ill assume u meant at least 3 years of development.

Development is one part of the puzzle. 

If u expect them to win every game then good for u. 

Look!  I did not say win every game.  We disagree, leave it there.  Problems are deep and frankly Nobody has the answers.

2 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

So you wouldn't play him? 

Or are u saying he has development left.

I suppose all kpps are hybrids now?

He has development left, but he would need to start improving quickly otherwise I'd be looking for a trade especially if he really is demanding $700,000 a year.