King: Don't Panic About the Dees

Demonland

I guess those who are citing the off season surgeries as the main reason for being being 0-2 are making the assumption that if we opted (assuming it was even optional) against surgeries we would be 2-0. I'm not convinced that would be the case. We need to make the judgement come July-August....if we're still watching that is

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Wiseblood is a clown. Panic like [censored] if we lose this week.

Being 0-3 with a loss to Essendon who have looked even worse than us would certainly be a good time to panic.

• Like 1

A lot of folk clasping at straws to keep their hopes alive for 2019.

I get it. Failure is distasteful.

I find it interesting that we were crap. Then...Jackson and Roos come to the club...it turns around. 

Jackson and Roos gone.......

?

10 hours ago, ProDee said:

Part of me hopes we lose on Friday night.  If we do I'll return to that familiar place of despair to wit I've become so accustomed.  The MFC institutionalized me long ago and last year became almost uncomfortable as expectations rose.  A loss on Friday night returns me to a comfort zone I've come to rely on.  Like an old friend, I find a warmness in the familiarity of abject misery.

Either way, I'm a winner this Friday.

Really? I think you need a hug.

I'm guessing PD, that like me, you were born after Melbourne won its last premiership in 1964 and you have never seen Melbourne win a Grand final...

Be that as it may...

2019 has been a rocky road to walk so far and I have walked it with you. Countless other devoted, dedicated, passionate and patient Melbourne supporters have done the same and after two successive embarrasing losses, we are bleeding red and blue right now. Given all of that, I still cannot help but remain optimistic.

Melbourne's consistent positive development over the last 5 years has given me additional reason why. Seeing Melbourne last year knock off West Coast in Perth to make the finals (IMO one of our greatest victories ever) and then seeing Melbourne exact retribution on both Geelong AND Hawthorn IN THE FINALS cemented my enthusiasm and optimism. 

OK. The losses to Port and Geelong in the last fortnight have put a dint in the beginning of Melbourne's 2019 season. Nonetheless, I can't wait for Friday night to witness Melbourne putting the sword to Essendon, to put our feet on their throat, to grind them into the ground, to put the trident through their cheating heart and stamp ourselves as genuine contenders in the AFL once again.  

Edited by Demonia

1 minute ago, spirit of norm smith said:

No panic yet. Disappointing yes. It was just expected to happen. Goodwin and the team have not reviewed the eagles loss!! Really. It should how to wait for a turnover and punish us on the rebound.  

Need to get our mojo. We should fear no one. 

When WILL you ? (panic)

Was it that expected....the pundits thought not !!

Agree...not recognising the Prelim was our foundering moment is foolhardy....but that's us get ;)

I haven't had the chance to see the Geelong game, but it seemed to me watching the Port game that they are struggling with the no runners rule. Being in the bottom third of the competition as far as games played, I always thought this might be an issue at the start of the year. We need some leaders to stand up and become coaches on the field, can't wait until quarter time. No need to panic just yet, but they need to learn how to do that

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A F said:

Maybe in 2020 mate. ;)

2020 has a nice ring to it. As in, Melbourne won the Premiership in 2020. Good even number.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

No panic yet. Disappointing yes. It was just expected to happen. Goodwin and the team have not reviewed the eagles loss!! Really. It should how to wait for a turnover and punish us on the rebound.  

Need to get our mojo. We should fear no one. 

We should fear no one. Agreed.

6 minutes ago, the rolling fog said:

We should've signed Tesla, not Jaguar

image.thumb.png.d84da745cb18ce3982214486b2f64073.png

Why...they'll be bankrupt in 3 or so years. Very poor management... unable to produce cars ..being outpaced by.....

Well..

Jaguar has the fastest E car presently

Elon's.    Well.....a bit weird.. eccentrically clever....great charisma...but ...odd.

3 minutes ago, Dame Gaga said:

2020 has a nice ring to it. As in, Melbourne won the Premiership in 2020. Good even number.

Yes...I see this clearly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ProDee said:

Part of me hopes we lose on Friday night.  If we do I'll return to that familiar place of despair to wit I've become so accustomed.  The MFC institutionalized me long ago and last year became almost uncomfortable as expectations rose.  A loss on Friday night returns me to a comfort zone I've come to rely on.  Like an old friend, I find a warmness in the familiarity of abject misery.

Not my definition of a winner...

46 minutes ago, SwissDee said:

I haven't had the chance to see the Geelong game, but it seemed to me watching the Port game that they are struggling with the no runners rule. Being in the bottom third of the competition as far as games played, I always thought this might be an issue at the start of the year. We need some leaders to stand up and become coaches on the field, can't wait until quarter time. No need to panic just yet, but they need to learn how to do that

Lewis.  Lever.  May.  Jetta. Gawn in the middle.  Bucky the hamster forward (no one else springs to mind).  Leadership!

11 hours ago, ProDee said:

I can't understand why you would be like that ProDee, you always appear to be so positive. What about a good book...Great Expectations, i hear is a good read....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Lewis.  Lever.  May.  Jetta. Gawn in the middle.  Bucky the hamster forward (no one else springs to mind).  Leadership!

Lewis, Lever, May not out there. Gawn for sure. Really not sure in the forward line.

No doubt they'll grow, they'll evolve, but many of our leaders I'm not sure are game day leaders. Great leaders on the training track or away from footy, for sure, but on the field?

Happy to be proven wrong (well, hoping to be proven wrong)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dame Gaga said:

More like 3020............................

8 hours ago, willmoy said:

I can't understand why you would be like that ProDee, you always appear to be so positive. What about a good book...Great Expectations, i hear is a good read....

A little bit of mirth, friend...

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 4:26 PM, Fork 'em said:

Not so comfy for me.
More like having stones in my boots.
And having the corkheads into me at work 2nd round in is great fun.

The corkheads will be out in force should we lose this Friday...

be so nice to fork the bummers up big time...

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1