What would you pay more money for to help the MFC further stabilize?

DaveyDee

11 hours ago, DaveyDee said:

Also its possible if the AFL paid more in tax - there would be a very high possibility of admission fees going up - then some people would complain the AFL admission prices are getting out of the reach of a normal family. 

Taxes are paid on profits ..... have a think about your statement

3 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Thank-you Jim - The thread was designed around what you would do to help MFC find alternative revenue streams. 

Not about - The AFL changing its Not-for-profit status with the obvious implication being the AFL paying taxes - I dont think thats a good outcome for the general public. But it would not worry me if admission prices went up. 

Happy to hear your ideas on how the MFC can find alternative revenue streams - or maybe the club would be if you didnt want to publish them in public.

GO DEES.

Edited by DaveyDee

2 hours ago, DaveyDee said:

Thank-you Jim - The thread was designed around what you would do to help MFC find alternative revenue streams. 

Not about - The AFL changing its Not-for-profit status with the obvious implication being the AFL paying taxes - I dont think thats a good outcome for the general public. But it would not worry me if admission prices went up. 

Happy to hear your ideas on how the MFC can find alternative revenue streams - or maybe the club would be if you didnt want to publish them in public.

GO DEES.

Nothing worries you does it Dr. no matter what the topic or outcome

The fact that the AFL does not pay Tax and so many Victorian Clubs are in debt and have sub standard facilities is a F@&)($ing disgrace. 

Meanwhile the AFL Commission pays itself $ Millions To change the rules each year

As a debt demolition member, I gave the club a fair bit of dough when they were very poorly managed and (at the time) I thought in danger of extinction.

I don’t believe that’s any longer the case.

So I feel I have contributed. Financially at least.

PJ and Paul Roos should be knighted.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

As a debt demolition member, I gave the club a fair bit of dough when they were very poorly managed and (at the time) I thought in danger of extinction.

I don’t believe that’s any longer the case.

So I feel I have contributed. Financially at least.

PJ and Paul Roos should be knighted.

Thanks Ron I appreciate and understand what you say. 

BIg year coming up for us, I hope you get some reward for awesome contribution agree we have a positive vibe around the club now.

Go Dees

Edited by DaveyDee

On 3/10/2018 at 5:18 AM, Diamond_Jim said:

I'm not trying to take sides here, but I don't understand why you seem to think tax on profits and increases in entry fees are unrelated. Surely if the AFL pays tax it will need to increase revenues if it wants to continue spending like it does now. 

44 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I'm not trying to take sides here, but I don't understand why you seem to think tax on profits and increases in entry fees are unrelated. Surely if the AFL pays tax it will need to increase revenues if it wants to continue spending like it does now. 

Tax is only paid on profit ie revenue less all expenditures. At the moment it gets in more than it pays out. All those payments out unless they are on capital account are allowable deductions so in simple terms ...no profit = no tax.

Sure it runs a small surplus that would be subject to tax but as a percentage of revenue tax would be lucky to be 2% if it were levied.

GST on ticket sales if applicable is the big tax hit by the way.

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/03/2018 at 1:29 PM, Grapeviney said:

I wouldn’t put too much store in what Goyder says ldc; he was also publicly critical of pokies when he was head of Wesfarmers, but never did anything about it.

Then, as now, he was paying lip service to the issue, and most people, aside from Davey Dee, can see through the spin and window-dressing. 

The notion that some clubs have agreed - in principle - to get rid of their pokies is laughable, a bit like the time I decided - in principle - to give all my money to charity.

Cough cough - Maybe this topic is a tad more relevant after today’s event. 

Wait to you hear what’s coming next 

Go Dees

9 minutes ago, DaveyDee said:

Cough cough - Maybe this topic is a tad more relevant after today’s event. 

Wait to you hear what’s coming next 

Go Dees

There is more coming?

fcs, this is ridiculous.

Would I pay more to help a club that has actively gone out of its way to undermine its own profitability, just to make sjw's happy?

Nope. Never again.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:41 PM, DaveyDee said:

Great concept. However, it gets raised nearly yearly. One of our previous boards had the opportunity to buy the Lexus Centre prior to Collingwood going there and they didnt. So really we only have our-self to blame. 

Locations are always tricky, and to get universal agreement from MFC supporters - would be interesting. 

I'm not sure what the cost would be - but it clear many MFC supporters want the premiership before they further dip into their pockets. 

Your initiative might be a tad more than stabilising the ship - it might be a total refurbishment of the ship. Which done before a premiership the burden will fall on too few. But go for it - would have my support. 

A new training/admin & social facility isn't so much about the current Mfc members, as it IS about our future supporters & members coming on-board with this club. To Add to our existing members.

To get this club back in-touch with its base, grass roots. & let them grow lush.

Edited by DV8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It’s Back....

Only cause his sides gunna be 1- 3 !

5 hours ago, DV8 said:

A new training/admin & social facility isn't so much about the current Mfc members, as it IS about our future supporters & members coming on-board with this club. To Add to our existing members.

To get this club back in-touch with its base, grass roots. & let them grow lush.

My hunch would be we are pretty sure we have acceptable options for a new MFC facility and naming rights over that facility will attract some coin year on year. Wonder if there is any commercial value in doing the same out at Casey also

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It’s Back....

Stay positive 3 new sponsors in a month - Chisholm deal, we are working closer than ever with the AFL and other teams in the comp to grow our “core” business, bums on seats and improved membership numbers. 

This may upset some but such is live - a innovative positive culture was set into motion many years ago - now its time for you and others to support a positive future. 

MFC has learned from others - long may it continue. Long may our stronger bonds with the AFL continue. Some of us have the ability to thank and appreciate what the AFL has done for us . 

Go Dees

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveyDee said:

Stay positive 3 new sponsors in a month - Chisholm deal, we are working closer than ever with the AFL and other teams in the comp to grow our “core” business, bums on seats and improved membership numbers. 

This may upset some but such is live - a innovative positive culture was set into motion many years ago - now its time for you and others to support a positive future. 

MFC has learned from others - long may it continue. Long may our stronger bonds with the AFL continue. Some of us have the ability to thank and appreciate what the AFL has done for us . 

Go Dees

Who says i am not positive for the club. 

You are a troll who works inside the walls of the AFL, who sits on the fence on every topic. 

Not a hard job...

11 hours ago, DV8 said:

Has my support - Go for it. 

Our membership costs are already at the higher end of the spectrum, relative to the other Victorian clubs, all of which have won a premiership and played finals since we last did.

The club better not jack up membership prices again next year to replace its gambling revenue.

As for a decent social facility, that is so far overdue its beyond a joke. It should have happened in the early 2000s.

8 hours ago, DaveyDee said:

This may upset some but such is live

Why would you think that would upset anyone? :huh: