THE BOMBERS' DOPING SAGA - THE FAT LADY SINGS

Whispering_Jack

3 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

I hope it comes out that the AFL told essden to shred all the evidence.

Under oath

”Where are the USB’s with all the spreadsheets?”

”Do you know the whereabouts Mr. Demetriou?”

4 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

So what the hell is this court action for, don't understand did this lawyer lose money or something is he trying to prove the players  innocent.

He's trying to prove Demetriou guilty, of setting up EFC and victimising the golden child Tird.

What the fool doesn't understand is that Demetriou is guilty of protecting EFC and minimising the damage.

15 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Under oath

”Where are the USB’s with all the spreadsheets?”

”Do you know the whereabouts Mr. Demetriou?”

Demetrious is a heavyweight in more ways than one, and I'm sure his cross examination will reveal a lot more, and damage EFC more,  than this fool would want.

Already the defence lawyers are calling it "Operation Backfire"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

He's trying to prove Demetriou guilty, of setting up EFC and victimising the golden child Tird.

What the fool doesn't understand is that Demetriou is guilty of protecting EFC and minimising the damage.

Demetrious is a heavyweight in more ways than one, and I'm sure his cross examination will reveal a lot more, and damage EFC more,  than this fool would want.

Already the defence lawyers are calling it "Operation Backfire"

Seems a bit strange as it was Vlad that blew the whistle to Hird

16 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Someone made an FOI request to ASADA last year to find out what ASADA did in relation to possible anti-doping violations at the MFC:

https://www.asada.gov.au/foi-disclosure-log/all-documents-concerning-investigations-potential-anti-doping-violations

2 page document with the main part redacted. Must have been lots of it going on.

Not at all this is a simple foi request. You ask for the broadest possible info to see what turns up. It's a fishing expedition. If anything they will try to relate that to how the EFC were treated.

26 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Seems a bit strange as it was Vlad that blew the whistle to Hird

No Vlad called David Evans because he had ample evidence and tip offs about what they were doing.

39 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

No Vlad called David Evans because he had ample evidence and tip offs about what they were doing.

Specifically, that ASADA were about to descend.

On "a" club. Who knows which club? I'm not saying that it's YOUR club, David. Of course, if it were -- hypothetically speaking of course!! -- I'm confident that they would find absolutely nothing.  By the way, are your shredders in good working order? I'm just asking to make conversation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

I was under the impression that the call made to Evans was whilst Hird was in the room, not that it matters  

i have always been suprised at the Bitterness Essendrug has thrown at Vlad, i wish he had kept his mouth shut, so we may have got a more honest picture of what really went down.

Evans has never said a word, suprised he hasn’t been called in this week

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I was under the impression that the call made to Evans was whilst Hird was in the room, not that it matters  

i have always been suprised at the Bitterness Essendrug has thrown at Vlad, i wish he had kept his mouth shut, so we may have got a more honest picture of what really went down.

weren't evans, vlad and fitzpatrick partners in some business?

23 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I know it's not on the topic de jour, but in one sentence you've identified the AFL's two greatest fears with the northern expansion.

And sometimes, one wonders why a Tasmanian team has not be able or permitted to enter the competition - population is not necessarily the reason, yet that would be based upon the holy $1.00 in some eyes. Tassy football, in general, is remarkable to watch if you get the chance. It reminds me of the VFL days - contests are great. Umpiring is very communicative and as a result, proves to be really consistent. 

Can someone summarise the cause of action that Julian Burnside is engaged for? I'm paywalled out of all News Ltd sites so I haven't been able to read the article. Without access to the article, I'm struggling to work out what the plaintiff is seeking and why. Using the usual logic doesn't generate any believable options.

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Correct on point 1.

The bitterness stems from the deal which was agreed between EFC, AFL and Fed Govt and for which they received a draft letter from Gillard. This was rescinded or not proceeded with when Hird heard about the Cronulla deal and wanted similar.

Hird was then 'thrown under a bus' according to himself and has been eternally bitter.

31 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Can someone summarise the cause of action that Julian Burnside is engaged for? I'm paywalled out of all News Ltd sites so I haven't been able to read the article. Without access to the article, I'm struggling to work out what the plaintiff is seeking and why. Using the usual logic doesn't generate any believable options.

it doesn't really make it clear

personally, i think it is a fishing expedition to embarrass the afl and then after that.....who knows. i can't think the current administration at essendrugs would be too happy as it will just be a distraction and raise issues they are trying to put behind them

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Fishing expedition to see what evidence they can find of the AFL / ASADA conspiring to do a deal over the EFC.

15 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Fishing expedition to see what evidence they can find of the AFL / ASADA conspiring to do a deal over the EFC.

But for what purpose? I can't imagine the Court can be used to satisfy curiosity. Doesn't the plaintiff have to show how he/she/it has suffered something for which the Court is the only remedy? In other words...so what if there was a conspiracy? How has the plaintiff been wronged because of it (if there was one)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Correct on point 1.

The bitterness stems from the deal which was agreed between EFC, AFL and Fed Govt and for which they received a draft letter from Gillard. This was rescinded or not proceeded with when Hird heard about the Cronulla deal and wanted similar.

Hird was then 'thrown under a bus' according to himself and has been eternally bitter.

I get that part Jnr. What has never made sense to me is that Vlad did Essendrug a huge favour, regardless of any other facts, in that he gave them time to shred and hide EVERYTHING. Essendrug should have got down on their knees to him. 

And Vlad should have been charged for perverting the course of justice. 

36 hours is a very long time to clear an office space

and yet they hate him....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I get that part Jnr. What has never made sense to me is that Vlad did Essendrug a huge favour, regardless of any other facts, in that he gave them time to shred and hide EVERYTHING. Essendrug should have got down on their knees to him. 

And Vlad should have been charged for perverting the course of justice. 

36 hours is a very long time to clear an office space

and yet they hate him....

It's all coming from Hird as I understand it.......

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

But for what purpose? I can't imagine the Court can be used to satisfy curiosity. Doesn't the plaintiff have to show how he/she/it has suffered something for which the Court is the only remedy? In other words...so what if there was a conspiracy? How has the plaintiff been wronged because of it (if there was one)?

I guess if there is a difference in the way that parties were treated they could sue to recover lost wages, fines, reputation etc?

2 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

It's all coming from Hird as I understand it.......

Ok. and how many times did he lose a court case?

Dean Wallis was supposedly in charge of the paperwork

That is a court case in itself

they got off so lightly it makes me sick

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Interesting to read about Bradley Wiggins up in arms about what he believes is a witch hunt against him and Team Sky. 

"I'd have more rights if I murdered someone!"

Bwahahahaha!!!

Yes that sounds familiar doesnt it

1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

Interesting to read about Bradley Wiggins up in arms about what he believes is a witch hunt against him and Team Sky. 

"I'd have more rights if I murdered someone!"

Bwahahahaha!!!

Cycling. One day, in the very distant future, I may almost consider cycling legit.

1 hour ago, Tony Tea said:

Cycling. One day, in the very distant future, I may almost consider cycling legit.

The question is - are they dodgy because they test lots and get lots of positives

Or

Are they less dodgy because they test lots and find more drug cheats than a sport like, say, soccer which has less than token testing and very few positive tests as a result?

• Like 1