• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Day at the Races

Toorak

39 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Nice fellas, Macca with Race 1 winner in Syd, Wadda with Race 2, I’m sure Rubisaki was in some of our multis, mine anyway but the Pippie was swallowed up at Caulfield so no good there. Kinane just got me back on track. 

Edit: Sorry, got it wrong way around. Wadda R1 and Macca R2.

I got Kinane up as well thanks to Paul Joice.

Joice is good tipster in terms of finding some value runners.  Kinane was 10-1 in the early betting but with JMac on board,  that was overs DZ.  Well done!

53 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Well done Macca. I was on Fender in the first which ran very well. Track Good 4 at Randwick now

Hope you managed to tune into Roy & HG.....still going.

Clean forgit to tune in ... flat chat at work!  Next week!

Well done on Fender Wadda

• Like 2

@Dee Zephyr  @Wadda We Sing 

A little while ago someone here on this thread made mention of the best bet tips given out on the Just Horse Racing Site

I took note and over time have noticed that whilst a number of the best bet tips may not win,  the standout tips do often run a place.  So in place of the sporting multi's the place multi can suffice. 

The site covers all the country & city meetings and there's often some real each-way value involved with the B/B tips ... and the place dividends can often be $1.70 up to $3.00.  And as we well know,  a 3pick involving those types of odds can add up to 15-1 or better. 

What I'm doing is picking out the B/B at 3 of the various meetings.  Sometimes 4 meetings if applicable.  But I've just started out. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Macca said:

@Dee Zephyr  @Wadda We Sing 

A little while ago someone here on this thread made mention of the best bet tips given out on the Just Horse Racing Site

I took note and over time have noticed that whilst a number of the best bet tips may not win,  the standout tips do often run a place.  So in place of the sporting multi's the place multi can suffice. 

The site covers all the country & city meetings and there's often some real each-way value involved with the B/B tips ... and the place dividends can often be $1.70 up to $3.00.  And as we well know,  a 3pick involving those types of odds can add up to 15-1 or better. 

What I'm doing is picking out the B/B at 3 of the various meetings.  Sometimes 4 meetings if applicable.  But I've just started out. 

Well thats interesting then if you can see a pattern. As you well know Macca i am the multi place king! Multi Mike DZ calls me..so you wont get any arguments from me. Ive had a look and i see the even have Sha Tin ! Im not sure what you mean by their standout picks tho? Do you mean the best of the best bets?? Best bet, second best bet, value bet?

Ok, so are you suggesting we restart Monkey Business but with place bets from this site or now that the carnival is over, we continue with these place bets on ADATR?

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Well thats interesting then if you can see a pattern. As you well know Macca i am the multi place king! Multi Mike DZ calls me..so you wont get any arguments from me. Ive had a look and i see the even have Sha Tin ! Im not sure what you mean by their standout picks tho? Do you mean the best of the best bets?? Best bet, second best bet, value bet?

Ok, so are you suggesting we restart Monkey Business but with place bets from this site or now that the carnival is over, we continue with these place bets on ADATR?

When visiting the JHR site pick a meeting such as Armidale (today) ... then click on 'Horse Racing Tips' and then once in scroll down to 'Best Bet'

You'll find that their best bet at Armidale is R4 No.8 Pinnacle Power ... paying $1.40 the place - but I kid you not,  it was paying $3.10 the place last night.  It is now $3.10 for the win!

So you have to be organised and quick (to get the odds)  The early evening beforehand works best.

So Multi up 3 or 4 place best bets from 3 or 4 meetings and then hopefully they all get into the finish.

Nothing organised here or anything like that,  just a heads up on another form of multi betting on an individual basis. 

I did a 4Pick last night and got combined odds of 30-1 (boosted) ... the same 4 picks is now showing 7-1.  So to get the odds you've got to get in early before the rush of money comes on those best bets.

Of course I do the form on the best bets as well and pluck out the best 3 or 4 picks from 7 or 8 race meetings. 

Of the country meetings listed on the JHR site yesterday,  7 of the 8 best bets all finished in the placings ... the odds were short on a lot of them but the night before,  the odds could have been better (?)

Bit of a long post Wadda but with betting,  the devil is often in the detail.

And the link to the JHR site is included in the post above (or in your quoted post)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Macca said:

When visiting the JHR site pick a meeting such as Armidale (today) ... then click on 'Horse Racing Tips' and then once in scroll down to 'Best Bet'

You'll find that their best bet at Armidale is R4 No.8 Pinnacle Power ... paying $1.40 the place - but I kid you not,  it was paying $3.10 the place last night.  It is now $3.10 for the win!

So you have to be organised and quick (to get the odds)  The early evening beforehand works best.

So Multi up 3 or 4 place best bets from 3 or 4 meetings and then hopefully they all get into the finish.

Nothing organised here or anything like that,  just a heads up on another form of multi betting on an individual basis. 

I did a 4Pick last night and got combined odds of 30-1 (boosted) ... the same 4 picks is now showing 7-1.  So to get the odds you've got to get in early before the rush of money comes on those best bets.

Of course I do the form on the best bets as well and pluck out the best 3 or 4 picks from 7 or 8 race meetings. 

Of the country meetings listed on the JHR site yesterday,  7 of the 8 best bets all finished in the placings ... the odds were short on a lot of them but the night before,  the odds could have been better (?)

Bit of a long post Wadda but with betting,  the devil is often in the detail.

And the link to the JHR site is included in the post above (or in your quoted post)

Ok i had a good study and put on a few multis across a few venues using the 1 or 2 BBs from the venues. Sure some are a little short but they count for more in a multi so it doesnt bother me too much. But i hear what your saying about getting on early and i try and do the same thing for Saturdays often putting bets on Thursday night.

Good luck today guys

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Ok i had a good study and put on a few multis across a few venues using the 1 or 2 BBs from the venues. Sure some are a little short but they count for more in a multi so it doesnt bother me too much. But i hear what your saying about getting on early and i try and do the same thing for Saturdays often putting bets on Thursday night.

Good luck today guys

Yeah I nearly always take the early odds Wadda but will also use booster odds or double your winnings as an add-on

And if the odds drift,  so be it.

The odds on the Best Bets on JHR nearly always tighten though so there doesn't appear to be any risk in going early at all.

And with multi's the stake is low to win big.  The place card multi takes out the punters lament re the win too.  One doesn't miss out if the multi gets up at good odds.

Happy punting to all (what else is there to do!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

Yeah I nearly always take the early odds Wadda but will also use booster odds or double your winnings as an add-on

And if the odds drift,  so be it.

The odds on the Best Bets on JHR nearly always tighten though so there doesn't appear to be any risk in going early at all.

And with multi's the stake is low to win big.  The place card multi takes out the punters lament re the win too.  One doesn't miss out if the multi gets up at good odds.

Happy punting to all (what else is there to do!)

Eggzactly, im breaking my normal routine by punting on a Sunday, but strange days call for strange solutions.

I see on Ladbrokes they give you 1 multi booster per day often resulting in a 5 or 10% boost, so that makes up for a bit.

Already had one salute with the value bet getting up for a plc at Terang so off to a good start.

• Like 2

Moreira already has 2 wins from 4 with a host of other chances at Sha Tin today.  And he's got a 2nd & 3rd so far as well (for the place punters)

The jockey premiership is (pardon the pun) a two horse race with Zac hot on his heels.

As previously stated,  if you knew which ones were going to win (ridden by either jockey) you'd make a fortune.  A place multi involving Moreira only seems logical.

But the rivalry is immense between Joao & Zac. I'm trying to remember other such rivalry's. 

Roy Higgins & Harry White or the Professor & Jimmy Johnson.  Of late Williams & Oliver along with Bowman & JMac but there would be a stack more.  George Moore was the premier Sydney jockey for decades and there was an interstate rivalry between Moore & Higgins.  Jim Cassidy,  Darren Beadman & Shane Dye?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Moreira already has 2 wins from 4 with a host of other chances at Sha Tin today.  And he's got a 2nd & 3rd so far as well (for the place punters)

The jockey premiership is (pardon the pun) a two horse race with Zac hot on his heels.

As previously stated,  if you knew which ones were going to win (ridden by either jockey) you'd make a fortune.  A place multi involving Moreira only seems logical.

But the rivalry is immense between Joao & Zac. I'm trying to remember other such rivalry's. 

Roy Higgins & Harry White or the Professor & Jimmy Johnson.  Of late Williams & Oliver along with Bowman & JMac but there would be a stack more.  George Moore was the premier Sydney jockey for decades and there was an interstate rivalry between Moore & Higgins.  Jim Cassidy,  Darren Beadman & Shane Dye?

Well Magic Man is having a day out isnt he !. So far hes ridden 7 out of 8 for a Win or a Place in the first 8 races only missing once in race 6. Thats pretty impressive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Well Magic Man is having a day out isnt he !. So far hes ridden 7 out of 8 for a Win or a Place in the first 8 races only missing once in race 6. Thats pretty impressive.

Yeah Joao is in top form ... Zac hasn't had the rides today which changes the dynamic.

2 of Moreira's wins today have been odds-on favourites but of course those shorties can work in multi's. 

He missed completely on another odds on chance in race 6 - Heza Beauty.   Was probably one of the bets of the day too.  I thought so anyway ?

But that's horse racing for you Wadda.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Macca said:

Yeah Joao is in top form ... Zac hasn't had the rides today which changes the dynamic.

2 of Moreira's wins today have been odds-on favourites but of course those shorties can work in multi's. 

He missed completely on another odds on chance in race 6 - Heza Beauty.   Was probably one of the bets of the day too.  I thought so anyway ?

But that's horse racing for you Wadda.

Yeah i saw that, i think it was a BB or something. You really couldnt miss if you were on him today tho. 8 placings from 9 races now with 1 to go. Of course i had another jockey on a short priced fav to win Will Power which came 3rd and knocked out my multi......haha.

• Like 2

@Macca i did a bit of a post mortem on those 3BB tips on that site for each meeting and sure enough 2/3 at each venue ran a W&P. So its not a bad strike rate as you say on those BBs, esp if your doing a few place multies

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

@Macca i did a bit of a post mortem on those 3BB tips on that site for each meeting and sure enough 2/3 at each venue ran a W&P. So its not a bad strike rate as you say on those BBs, esp if your doing a few place multies

Could be that the 2Pick (double) works best Wadda ... but the place odds need to represent a bit of value

Also,  another way is to look for on pace horses that have drawm well,  in good form and the race being a sprint (1000m / 1200m)

Again, the odds are all important.

• Like 1

Sometimes, you need to be brave enough to forget picking 6/4 shots out of the newspaper and listen to those who are actually connected to the industry. ?

image.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Best Bet (Saturday)

Flemington Race 4 No.9 Good Idea (Place) $3.50

• Like 2

Best Bets:

Rosehill Race 3 No.10 Grand Piano (W) $3.80

Flemington Race 8 No 17 Dadoozdart (W) $5.50

This weeks multi 73/1.....(not quite 126/1) but it will do !

Good luck team.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And just to show that it wasn’t a fluke last week as was alluded to in a message to me, here we go boys!

image.jpeg.4a230c390a60c317efc6719176b61e75.jpeg

1 hour ago, ProperDee said:

And just to show that it wasn’t a fluke last week as was alluded to in a message to me, here we go boys!

image.jpeg.4a230c390a60c317efc6719176b61e75.jpeg

Well why dont you post it beforehand? Thats the spirit of the thread to put up your tips, not to showboat around the place.

• Like 1

I did post previously a few times but got an unfriendly message that caused me to rethink and then not post again. I didn’t understand the rudeness. Then when I read that one of you blokes had (allegedly) dreamed the trifecta in the Australian Derby a couple of years back, that did it for me. 

The isolation thing, particularly at this time of the year, has drawn me to focusing on the horses. I have been involved in the racing industry at various levels for years and get some really good advice. I won’t post my selections but mate, when was the last time you backed a 125/1 winner followed up by a 150/1 winner? I’m thinking never. Bloody oath I will brag about it! $25 x $75 on both. I might even get it printed onto a T shirt!  

So thanks for the sour grapes buddy. You keep chasing favourites with the “Derby Dreamer” all over the world and I won’t post anymore of my winners. Cheers. ?

• Sad 1

On 4/24/2020 at 12:06 PM, Wadda We Sing said:

Best Bets:

Rosehill Race 3 No.10 Grand Piano (W) $3.80

Flemington Race 8 No 17 Dadoozdart (W) $5.50

This weeks multi 73/1.....(not quite 126/1) but it will do !

Good luck team.

Got 14-1 on the early double lads (thanks to DZ)

And if Daddoozart salutes it's party time (virtual)

Edited by Macca
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Macca said:

Got 14-1 on the early double lads (thanks to DZ)

And if Daddoozart salutes it's party time (virtual)

No pressure folks :)

Good on you Macca, well done.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ProperDee said:

I did post previously a few times but got an unfriendly message that caused me to rethink and then not post again. I didn’t understand the rudeness. Then when I read that one of you blokes had (allegedly) dreamed the trifecta in the Australian Derby a couple of years back, that did it for me. 

The isolation thing, particularly at this time of the year, has drawn me to focusing on the horses. I have been involved in the racing industry at various levels for years and get some really good advice. I won’t post my selections but mate, when was the last time you backed a 125/1 winner followed up by a 150/1 winner? I’m thinking never. Bloody oath I will brag about it! $25 x $75 on both. I might even get it printed onto a T shirt!  

So thanks for the sour grapes buddy. You keep chasing favourites with the “Derby Dreamer” all over the world and I won’t post anymore of my winners. Cheers. ?

I wasnt being negative, i just said post it before the race. It was a good selection. But hey whats the account balance? Or do you just take pictures of your computer or maybe somebody elses. Nobody is rude here, its just the way you interpret it. Your always welcome to post. . Nobody dreamed a trifecta. You do whatever floats your boat buddy, just put up your tips. Thats what the thread is about.

• Like 2