Jump to content

AFL Finals Week 1 - 2016


Cards13

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

No suspension because apparently there was no head contact to the ground.

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-12%20at%204.22.0

I laughed, assuming you were making a joke of some kind, so I visited the AFL website to see what the ACTUAL reason was for Mumford getting off.

"Tippett's right shoulder and right side of his body make contact with the turf, while his head does not hit the ground at any stage during the tackle," the MRP said in its findings. 

Now I am not laughing.

We joked last week about the hilarious AFL/1984 similarities, but this is dead on serious "the chocolate ration has been increased" stuff.

They are literally telling us something did not happen, that did, and that we have evidence for. I guess all that's missing is for some poor sap called Winston in the AFL's PR department to start erasing the footage.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Choke said:

I laughed, assuming you were making a joke of some kind, so I visited the AFL website to see what the ACTUAL reason was for Mumford getting off.

"Tippett's right shoulder and right side of his body make contact with the turf, while his head does not hit the ground at any stage during the tackle," the MRP said in its findings. 

Now I am not laughing.

We joked last week about the hilarious AFL/1984 similarities, but this is dead on serious "the chocolate ration has been increased" stuff.

They are literally telling us something did not happen, that did, and that we have evidence for. I guess all that's missing is for some poor sap called Winston in the AFL's PR department to start erasing the footage.

Subtlety of their wording during the tackle 'Choke' - they were desperate to get Mummy off so they would say look can't you all see: his head hit the ground after the tackle, see Mummy had let go, obviously Tippett is having a snooze, yadda yadda yadda...they can magically tell us we are seeing things.  Joke of a tribunal. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, sue said:

So if Mumford picks up a small player and deliberately throws him into a goal post, it will not be dangerous if he lets go before the player hits the post.  

Well, he's only trying to grind his bones to make his bread. In fairness, the small player may have stolen his magic harp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, sue said:

So if Mumford picks up a small player and deliberately throws him into a goal post, it will not be dangerous if he lets go before the player hits the post.  

That precedent was set last year with Hodge & Wingard...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11 September 2016 at 9:40 AM, deejammin' said:

Nobody on here, but the AFL media machine will go nuts about it and at some point patronisingly tell struggling clubs that GWS has the blueprint to success while we all wonder how the hell any team can get 30 first round draft picks over 3 years. 

Gold Coast has stuffed it up but also had bad luck, if O'meara, Swallow, Ablett and co played 20 games together for this season with Lynch in the forward line they would be in serious finals contention. They could be pushing for finals next year with a better run with injuries and some good trades.

We'll never know how much was concessions how much was astute management. If we could go back in time and halve the concessions and salary cap given to both teams my guess would be that we would see a more even competition with GWS having more good will as they would earn their success like every other club.

 Hawks, Saints, Norf waited something like 40 years to enjoy their first finals successes. Dogs have had but one 60 years ago.  But the AFL are determined that their new synthetic babies should not have to wait, and stuff the foundation clubs. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Mumford's tackle was IMO borderline. It wasn't the two-move sling tackle we've seen before (e.g. Gibbs last year). But at the same time, he grabbed Tippett's arm, pinned it, then dragged him downwards. What else could possibly have resulted from that movement?

The MRP's statement is horrendous. Clearly Tippett's head hit the ground. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Redleg said:

How did Hodge once again get off his kidney punch to Selwood? Surely it was worth a fine. He is the luckiest player in the AFL, with the MRP. 

It can't have been Hodge. He's a 'top bloke' and a 'good guy'. They don't go around kidney punching, or throwing people into goal posts, or drink driving.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Redleg said:

How did Hodge once again get off his kidney punch to Selwood? Surely it was worth a fine. He is the luckiest player in the AFL, with the MRP. 

Yet Burgoyne had the cheek to say umpires need to protect Mitchell!  "Obviously, he is getting targeted a bit...It's a hard one for the umpires as well...but if a player is being targeted as he was on the weekend, I would have thought one free kick here or there would definitely help when they (taggers) step over the mark". http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-finals-2016--hawthorn-v-western-bulldogs--hawks-need-to-be-better-protect-sam-mitchell-says-shaun-burgoyne-20160912-gre6cv.html

Obviously, Burgoyne didn't notice the work his teammates put into Joel Selwood, off the ball! 

Now watch the umpires give Mitchell more frees next week! 

Hawkes - such a hypocritical sooky team!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Yet Burgoyne had the cheek to say umpires need to protect Mitchell!  "Obviously, he is getting targeted a bit...It's a hard one for the umpires as well...but if a player is being targeted as he was on the weekend, I would have thought one free kick here or there would definitely help when they (taggers) step over the mark". http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-finals-2016--hawthorn-v-western-bulldogs--hawks-need-to-be-better-protect-sam-mitchell-says-shaun-burgoyne-20160912-gre6cv.html

Obviously, Burgoyne didn't notice the work his teammates put into Joel Selwood, off the ball! 

Now watch the umpires give Mitchell more frees next week! 

Hawkes - such a hypocritical sooky team!

And I don't believe for one minute that it wasn't a prepared comment, given to him by the FD.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    HEAVEN OR HELL by The Oracle

    Clashes between Melbourne and St Kilda are often described as battles between the forces of heaven and hell. However, based on recent performances, it’s hard to get excited about the forthcoming match between these two sides. It would be fair to say that, at the moment, both of these teams are in the doldrums. The Demons have become the competition’s slow starters while the Saints are not only slow to begin, they’re not doing much of a job finishing off their games either. About the only th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

    THE BLOW by Whispering Jack

    Narrm’s finals prospects took a crushing blow after the team’s insipid performance at Optus Stadium against a confident Waaljit Marawar in the first of its Doug Nicholls Round outings for 2024.  I use the description “crushing blow” advisedly because, although the season is not yet at it’s halfway mark, the Demons have now failed abysmally in two of their games against teams currently occupying bottom eight places on the ladder.  The manner in which these losing games were played out w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 6

    HALF FULL by KC from Casey

    It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 303

    PODCAST: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 20th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons disaapoiting performance against the Eagles at Optus Stadium in Round 10. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 43

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 445

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

    WARNING by William from Waalitj

    As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 22
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...