• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cam Pedersen - anything to worry about?

nutbean

On 3/13/2016 at 9:53 PM, stuie said:

Radio coverage mentioned it a fair bit. SEN saying he will miss at least the first round.

and the odd Putz

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mauriesy said:

This talk of 'AFL power' and 'failure to fight' is 50% rubbish and 50% delusion. It's time some here stopped feeling persecuted and left that attitude to others, like Collingwood and Western Bulldog supporters. One sign of real strength is to take charge of your own actions and consequences.

A fine was appropriate for Pedersen. If it had been a player from another club in the same act toward a Melbourne player, some on here would be calling for a week or two. Accept the error, take the penalty, and run.

..... well for a persecuted club the Magpies have enjoyed a lot more success than us, over the past 5 decades.   So maybe we should follow their lead in whatever description that would be...   complaining publicly might then help us win more often,  in not only the footy field but also within the AFL off-field areas.

3 hours ago, Members' Wing said:

This is your favourite topic which you talk about ad nauseum, often nonsensically.

What does it mean in practical terms though? What are some examples of things you think we should be doing that we currently don't, to support your points above? Real-life examples, not just incoherent bluster please.

Be more aggressive publicly,  for the supporters,  the ones we've lost over the past 50 years.. not the MCC ones.   The ones who would fill the Southern Stand proudly,  for a club that fights & dares to win,  overtly.

Those ones who have since taken up with the Hawks, or the Pies Saints Bombers or Tigers,  those ones we've lost because of this Northern stand gentile nausea. 

That impotent conservativeness.

That way which we keep doing the political correct thing ad nauseum...   how we keep recruiting (when the north has control of this club), choir boys or flashy types who have no go in them. 

The way the many over north castigate our own,  if they get a bit rugged.  a bit tough.

The way the 'North' keep all contact with the Demons players,  within they're own confines of the MCC,   AT the expence of the outer supporters children, & the average Demon punter.

* To encourage our players to be more rugged,  to be physical,  to be overtly tough,  & for the players to show more interest in the supporters of the Southern side,  of the outer.

* To bring the Qtr time huddles over to the 'Southern outer',   in equal measure as the Northern side. 1st Qtr huddle on the Southern side of the ground, 3rd Qtr huddle on the members side of the ground

* To allow Melbourne supporters access to the rooms after all home games,  like it was in the old days, supporters behind the netting,  but within talking range of the players...  accept after games of 'poor repute',  where abuse may be an issue !

To get this club to be more open to people,  all people,  who would like to be a supporter,  & to be 'less stuffy' as 'Jimma' would call it...  it is heading this way under Roosy, & PJ : 

But how long will that last after they've left our building,  & we are back to being the handbag of the MCC ????   nothing more than an adornment of the MCC.

These are my thoughts, to bring the club back to its grass roots supporter,  & out from behind locked gates &  the Castle walls.

Edited by dee-luded

what happens if a player believes they are innocent, & want to fight the charge (which happens to be a fine only)  & the club decides to not fight it,  & tells the player to accept the fine,  even tho innocent ???

who pays for that 'club' decision?

32 minutes ago, dee-luded said:

..... well for a persecuted club the Magpies have enjoyed a lot more success than us, over the past 5 decades.   So maybe we should follow their lead ...

(snip)

These are my thoughts, to bring the club back to its grass roots supporter,  & out from behind locked gates &  the Castle walls.

I think that's a load of twaddle. The club has never been more open and accountable, and, in my opinion, heading in the right direction after 10 years out of the finals.

Misplaced aggression will get you nowhere. It's a terrible negotiation tactic.

Also, I didn't say Collingwood the club was persecuted. I said their supporters act like they're persecuted. In fact somewhow they feel superior and inferior at the same time! (WB supporters just feel persecuted.)

I just don't want to accept that as a mode of operation for my support for Melbourne.

33 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

I think that's a load of twaddle. The club has never been more open and accountable, and, in my opinion, heading in the right direction after 10 years out of the finals.

Also, I didn't say Collingwood the club was persecuted. I said their supporters act like they're persecuted. In fact somewhow they feel superior and inferior at the same time! (WB supporters just feel persecuted.)

I just don't want to accept that as a mode of operation for my support for Melbourne.

who said anything about misplaced,,, I said to be more aggressive off field  &  onfileld alike,   to change our spots back to how  'Checker'  had arranged them  & Smithy enjoyed,  before the gentiles crucified him & us.

to take back our demon nature and to stop being inflicted by this collins st smooth that has done so much harm to our emblem.  taken all of its sting out. the perception of thre [people is mightier than the smooth word.

its only those who prefer 'the smooth word',  that still hang on...  all the other Aussies have left & their kids now follow others.

We have to stop pretending to be collins st lawyers  & start being just Aussies,  Demon Aussies.   who appeal to all Demongraphics.

.....  otherwise all this past pain will be back in quick order,  after Mr Roos & PJ have left.   The club will get dragged back down by the same old Dust Mites,  just as it did after the early 90's.

44 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

Also, I didn't say Collingwood the club was persecuted.     I said their supporters act like they're persecuted.  In fact somewhow they feel superior and inferior at the same time! (WB supporters just feel persecuted.)

there you go,,,  collingwood supporters are the club.   without supporters, there are NO clubs.  that's what clubs are,  organised gatherings of people with common interests.

see,  this is where the club must have gone wrong,  because the supporters who remain,  from the North,  think of the  'outer supporter'  as unimportant.  non consequential.  Its a silent attitude that smacks of self importance,  over the others in the outer.

and guess what,  the outer areas are low on demon numbers.  way down on yesteryear.    It used to be that teens & younger kids could leave the southern stand near game end,  & go the the players race,  then down to the rooms for after game celebrations.  Not any longer with the game becoming Pro.   To good for those kiddies. 

persecuted you don't say???   you don''t think Mfc supporters don't act persecuted???   they certainly do.   there is always threads of this ump or that umps advisor.  'they have it in for us'  'we are easy targets'...  & there is some truth to those comments...  & it stems from being too Passive as a club,,  this Passivity was what 'Checker'  turned out on its soft head,  when he arrived.

the passivity got him back,  it killed off  'Checkers  Aggression', after ridding the MCC of Smithy.  the DNA was gone.

16 hours ago, dee-luded said:

(don't forget I can ban you)  without an emoticon to aid the incoherent wink?

sounded to me like a threat as well?

Not sure I have ever banned anyone for disagreeing with me. Might start with you.

That was a joke. Oops I forgot the ;)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dee-luded said:

see,  this is where the club must have gone wrong,  because the supporters who remain,  from the North,  think of the  'outer supporter'  as unimportant.  non consequential.  Its a silent attitude that smacks of self importance,  over the others in the outer.

and guess what,  the outer areas are low on demon numbers.  way down on yesteryear.    It used to be that teens & younger kids could leave the southern stand near game end,  & go the the players race,  then down to the rooms for after game celebrations.  Not any longer with the game becoming Pro.   To good for those kiddies.

Go your hardest being combative and concocting class warfare. I prefer to spend my supporter time enjoying the game and helping the club.

Maybe people just prefer the northern stand because it's not looking into the sun.

1 hour ago, mauriesy said:

Go your hardest being combative and concocting class warfare. I prefer to spend my supporter time enjoying the game and helping the club.

Maybe people just prefer the northern stand because it's not looking into the sun.

* the class warfare was happening to its support base,  for over 40 yrs,,,   but has hit worse since the designing of the 'Northern stand',,,   & then construction of...  This really shut people out..

* Helping the club,  is opening it up,  & starting to recognise where its changed in the wrong ways,  over the past 50 years..  this is what truly helping the club is all about.  Not going along with the past Status Quo of failure & dee-mise.

....  its similar to the churches unwillingness to talk of they're filthy laundry out in the open,  preferring the in-house closet confessional. 

Guess what,  the people-supporters want to know what goes on,  & what goes around.   And they want to know what they may be missing out on.  & the want to be a part of the 'say so'.  they want to fully understand what is being contemplated at the club..  they do not want things being done to them.

.... the board needs to be more transparent publicly (when its back to a Mfc selected board),  about Melbourne Demons issues.  should not have to attend meetings to know whats being contemplated.

.... they can see/feel where they stand when treated 2nd class...........  but obviously those in the 1st class don't get it because they don't have to think/feel about it.  

This is why the 'North',  & more particularly,  'the directors from the North',  don't get IT .....  or haven't in past boards...  because they are from/of the inner Castle. .... they are 'the bishops', 'the knights', 'the dames',  & the others can just eat cake.

* This is the disenfranchising of the old demon supporters,  who once kept this club alive & kicking.  & they're falling off the bandwagon is the end of Dynasties of supporter families.  fragmented & gone to more welcoming homes.

Edited by dee-luded