Post Match Discussion - Round 15

Demonland

At risk of doing a Curry & Beer / Stuie "Classic Demonland" - it really is classic Demonland.

Beat Geelong at Geelong. Pencil us in to win every game except Freo.

Lose to Essendon. That's it. Can't see how we're going to win another game all year.

Someone wise said on this forum years ago (may have been Craig Cameron and oft repeated by old55?) that in footy, nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems

I tell you what Nashor, I sat through it yesterday and it was as bad as it seems!

• Like 8

I tell you what Nashor, I sat through it yesterday and it was as bad as it seems!

When you're watching through the red mist BBO, it's not going to look anything but the worst. And believe me, I'm not saying I'm super objective either, but if other members felt as utterly filthy as I did yesterday, nobody is going to be able to view this with a clear head. It's just a fact that emotions cloud your outlook. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves I reckon.

It's why coaching would be a seriously hard gig - you have to be able to look past the emotion of it all.

At risk of doing a Curry & Beer / Stuie "Classic Demonland" - it really is classic Demonland.

Beat Geelong at Geelong. Pencil us in to win every game except Freo.

Lose to Essendon. That's it. Can't see how we're going to win another game all year.

Someone wise said on this forum years ago (may have been Craig Cameron and oft repeated by old55?) that in footy, nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems

Hard not to be negative after kicking 8.17 against the Essendon seconds. Putrid is putrid which ever way you look at it.

• Like 5

When you're watching through the red mist BBO, it's not going to look anything but the worst. And believe me, I'm not saying I'm super objective either, but if other members felt as utterly filthy as I did yesterday, nobody is going to be able to view this with a clear head. It's just a fact that emotions cloud your outlook. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves I reckon.

It's why coaching would be a seriously hard gig - you have to be able to look past the emotion of it all.

I stuck to beer all day, fair dinkum!

Incidentally, what is our record in the Northern Territory games and then the week after. If it is as bad as I suspect, despite the income we should dump them. Win games here and we will make more money from increased members, sponsors and better fixtures.

• Like 3

i spectated the game quite unemotionally Nasher. It was rubbish for the most part. Those i went with and also sat near to were a mix of red/blue...red/black and all quite interesting to talk to. General consensus..we have some decent players already..and some coming through...just no real idea as to how to put a good game of footy together.

translation....a moving shambles

As a rusted on it's always tough to lose games like this (the ones that were there for the taking), it's almost worse than the 100 point beltings. So if it's embarrassing and emotionally weak to be gutted about yesterday's loss for the rest of the night then I guess that makes me weak.

Wow, that's not even remotely close to what I said, at all.

Mate, we were all pissed at what happened yesterday. I didn't say it was weak - you introduced that word, not me.

I just think some people need to get a grip and not let what happens on the football take over everything. No sane MFC fan wouldn't be livid, spewing, ropable, gutted about what happened yesterday, it's natural, but it becomes your choice if you continue to stew on it. If it angers you so much that people around you find you intolerable, I think you (not Lamashtu you, but general you) are out of control. At the end of the day its your life and your perogative, but others are taking it to the point where they think the players should feel the same and therefore shouldn't go out for a beer afterwards. That's where it crosses the line from "your business" to "embarrassing".

Believe me, I don't judge people for being pissed about it, or getting emotional about footy. I do too. I can't help it. But with a lot of training and self discipline, I have learned to get it under control after a pretty serious heart to heart with my family about it. It can be done.

• Like 2

I'm now seriously of the opinion we will never be any good again, and destined to be in the bottom 6 for many a year. Anyone want to argue the opposite?

I want too. Just looking for an argument that will make sense now?

mmmm no got nothing.

We might actually be cursed

Inside 50's were sh**house, won't win games from behinds.

I fu**ing hate that scum (coach, players, fans, jumper, everything) but particularily the fragile x derpa derpa Daniher.

I feel this hatred also.

they talk about teams that just know how to win. We just know how to lose. We had 70% of the game play on our terms and still worked out a way to lose.

This stuff is making me feel better. Very true statement above as I observed the game as well from way up high in the northern stand. For many periods I was just laughing at the ineptness of both teams. One thing is similar at both clubs Mark Neeld. His work continues.

I am just about done supporting club and AFL in general. We couldn't even beat a team that was playing half a VFL side today.

Watch for Paul Roos to use the old get out jail card.. 'players were scarred today'

That win against Geelong means absolutely zilch now

How long have you followed the Dees dazzle?

I guess the only positive to come out of this weekend was that Casey gave Port Melbourne an absolute towelling!

• Like 1

Just had an email in response to mine from Paul Roos. It is the second time I have written to him and he does read what the members have to say. It would appear that he is frustrated with the players too. This is what was written:

Thanks Murray .

Agree .

All the best .

Paul Roos

I don't take his frustration away from that, I take away your frustration and a polite dismissal.

• Like 3

I noticed you kept away, P, until this afternoon. [censored] off, huh?

Yeah, I'm being tested. It's just one sh!t sandwich after another. I read the reviews but really couldn't find the desire to capture my own thoughts. We were dire. Goal kicking accuracy aside, we were absolutely dire. Again. The rest is painting outside the lines.

Reading Redleg's post that he wastes his time investing in the club really hit home. Some of our most dedicated supporters are genuinely questioning why they bother. As they should.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 2

Just had an email in response to mine from Paul Roos. It is the second time I have written to him and he does read what the members have to say. It would appear that he is frustrated with the players too. This is what was written:

Thanks Murray .

Agree .

All the best .

Paul Roos

Dear Paul,

We may have some good young players but there are still too many passengers. Your own legacy is under threat as you appear to be unable to motivate certain players within our team.

Whilst I understand that you have to think about list management decisions going forward, results like the most recent against Essendon are not going to help retain members or enhance your profile and our brand. It comes back to the basics of if they want to play for us then they get a game. Players like Howe are obviously moving on next year. Petracca and Prestia (yes I am confident you have secured his services!) are the type of players this club needs. "Only hard nuts required who will put in should be" the message given to all potential recruits going forward.

If you cannot instill more passion in some of the players then please drop them or get Simon Goodwin and Brendon McCartney to mentor them into submission. I think you will find that the membership will really drop off unless you win a few games in the run home.

When you consider what your salary is then this will affirm to many members that there has not been overall improvement in our team's performance from previous years. Remember when you do your press conferences that you are speaking to a well educated and thoughtful membership base who will not just blindly follow.

I hope you can remedy the deficiencies in our performances soon.

Best Wishes and Regards,

Murray Stone (passionate Melbourne FC Member)

Sent from my iPad

--

Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.

http://www.mailguard.com.au

Click here to report this message as spam:

https://console.mailguard.com.au/ras/1MokIxApYu/2cQtpT5hVRV6QBr46NIKSp/4.434

If that is Roosy, good on him for replying. If I was the coach of the MFC, I wouldn't have time to reply to emails from members. Makes me respect him even more. Some of the content in that email is a touch patronising too, so well done Roosy. I'm sure he knows everything you typed.

• Like 4

Yeah, I'm being tested. It's just one [censored] sandwich after another. I read the reviews but really couldn't find the desire to capture my own thoughts. We were dire. Goal kicking accuracy aside, we were absolutely dire. Again. The rest is painting outside the lines.

Reading Redleg's post that he wastes his time investing in the club really hit home. Some of our most dedicated supporters are genuinely questioning why they bother. As they should.

Hang in there, mate. We'll be up and down this year (I'm as [censored] as you), but we just have to be patient for a season or two more. I understand people being turned away. I went to all of those Neeld games and was totally numb by the end of it. Bored is how I was until the hope of Roosy came along. It'll be so much sweeter when we start becoming a proper football club again, knowing you stuck by them.

• Like 1

Incidentally, what is our record in the Northern Territory games and then the week after. If it is as bad as I suspect, despite the income we should dump them. Win games here and we will make more money from increased members, sponsors and better fixtures.

I don't reckon the NT matters one way or another Red. The fact is we have been [censored] at every venue in the last 8 or so years.

• Like 2

When are we playing at Etihad next? At least there I can get close enough to throw my membership card at Howe's general direction as he walks off the ground.

Head down to Gosch's paddock and see how you go, you'll get fairly close to the boys there