Delistings/trades at end of the season

Pedersen has been good the last couple of seasons in that role, ever since he found his hands. Can take a grab and works hard.

your right Django, Pederson isn't our weakness at this stage... its our mid runners, they're the weakest link at this stage. the depth isn't there, nor enough quality yet.

& still lack enough general hardness across the field of play.

By the way I just had an email sent from someone with access to player salaries (take it with a grain of salt).

I'm not going to go into detail but some of the players salaries for people we don't rate was staggering.

I seriously think we can make a massive play for Dangerfield this off-season and pay him a packet over the next two seasons while also maintaining a long term view. Really hope we can somehow get him over the line.

they way he's played recently I'd go for it now. & also have a big crack at Treloar as well. his running would be handy next year.

your right Django, Pederson isn't our weakness at this stage... its our mid runners, they're the weakest link at this stage. the depth isn't there, nor enough quality yet.

& still lack enough general hardness across the field of play.

I actually believe that Pedersen's absence has been a bigger problem than many would have expected. He was just starting to fit in well with Hogan.

• Like 6

I actually believe that Pedersen's absence has been a bigger problem than many would have expected. He was just starting to fit in well with Hogan.

yep, we missed him.

next season, all guns ablaze, take no prisoners... all senior players have to do well, as we are ready after this off season, to climb that beanstalk.

this draft & tirade period has to be a winner for us... we are all but rebuilt on paper,,, but for experience & learning to win. We've learn't to compete again, but now we have to learn to be pro's, & ruthless.

This is a bit random... but doesn't anyone rate Matt Wright from Adelaide?

He hasn't been getting a game for Adelaide but I think thats because they're playing him in the wrong position.

During the preseason games he played in the midfield and really dominated.

As a player I think he's got some pretty good attributes: He is very tough and hard contested player, seems to love tackling and applying pressure, is quick and seems to be a fairly good kick.

Just thought since he's a mature hard body, could be a decent pick up at the right price. Would definitely be better than: Bail, M.Jones, Aiden Riley, maybe Ben Newton and Viv Michie?

He hasn't been getting a game for Adelaide but I think thats because they're playing him in the wrong position.

During the preseason games he played in the midfield and really dominated.

As a player I think he's got some pretty good attributes: He is very tough and hard contested player, seems to love tackling and applying pressure, is quick and seems to be a fairly good kick.

Just thought since he's a mature hard body, could be a decent pick up at the right price. Would definitely be better than: Bail, M.Jones, Aiden Riley, maybe Ben Newton and Viv Michie?

Nah

Agreed, the team is vastly improved with Pedo in Dawes' place.

Frankly, I'd take a fit Pedo at his best over the recruitment of Lynch, even if he has less years left in him.

• Like 1

I really rate Matt Wright and he is unlucky to be behind guys like Dangerfield, Sloane, Douglas and Thompson.

I'd definitely look at him as a bargain trade.

• Like 1

Yes...a much better foil for the Jesseman.

Had hopes for Dawes but am over it.

• Like 2

David Mackay, Nathan Hrovat, Jack Redden, Adam Tommlinson, Craig Bird

I reckon they'd all be gettable, and all add to our side

I'd add other Crows mids to the list. Kerridge, Lyons, Wright, Grigg, Ellis-Yolmen all unable to get games.

They've got good depth at the crows.

I reckon it might be pushing 12 list changes now. I was originally expecting between 8-10.

Cross, Jamar, Bail, Fitzpatrick, McKenzie and Riley are all definite to retire or be de-listed.

M. Jones, Terlich, Michie and Hunt are possibilities to be de-listed (Michie unlikely).

Dawes, Howe, Garland and Grimes are all possibilities for trades and free agency.

That's 14 players I think could possibly be moving on at the end of this year depending on how it plays out.

Surely we will pay out M Jones and Terlich..

its terrible they are contacted and will suck to take the financial hit in the short term, but we can not carry F grade spuds any longer

I'd say it depends on what is on offer from the draft and other clubs.

No point paying them out if what we are getting for them is not any better. It may mean that we keep them one more year as extreme depth and move them on next season.

I'd say it depends on what is on offer from the draft and other clubs.

No point paying them out if what we are getting for them is not any better. It may mean that we keep them one more year as extreme depth and move them on next season.

Yeah fair point... suppose it cant hurt if they are the last 2 blokes on the list

FB: Garland Dunn Jetta

HB: Salem McDonald Stretch

C: Toumpas Jones Watts

HF: Vanders Hogan Kent

FF: Brayshaw Pedersen Garlett

Foll: Gawn Vince Viney

Int: Tyson Newton Lumumba Petracca

Back: Frost, Grimes, O Mc

Mids: Michie, ANB, M Jones, Trengove

Fwds: Harmes, Dawes, JKH

Ruck: Spencer

Extend as Rookies; White, King

Promote: Harmes, Vanders

Delist: Jamar, McKenzie, Hunt, Bail, Riley, Fitzpatrick, Cross, Terlich

Trade: Howe – pick 15-25 or equivalent player

Out: 9

In:

Draft: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4/PSD

DLFA

Rookie: 1, 2, 3

Matt Jones is very lucky, he could easily be delisted or dropped back to the rookie list. Hunt I think has to be delisted and should train on with the club in search of a rookie spot. We shouldn't be afraid to carry more than the 4 rookies this year, we should in fact aim for the 6. If the draft is weak then just use the valuable picks in the first 3 rounds and stock up on rookie spots. Especially if we are keen on guys as depth talls.

I'd certainly explore the trade and free agency markets but I still think the draft is our best shot at finding the skillful hard running players we need whilst experience or role playing types can be brought cheaply.

Edited by Georgiou R.R. Martin

I reckon it might be pushing 12 list changes now. I was originally expecting between 8-10.

I don't think it will be that many - unless we find homes for Garland, Howe, and Grimes. But even then you are looking at bringing in some very speculative talent in the back end of the draft or finding some limited players in Delisted FA.

Cross and Jamar retiring, M Jones and Terlich being paid out, the aforementioned three moving via FA and Trades, and the deletion of McKenzie, Hunt, Bail, Riley, Michie, and Fitzpatrick would be the maximum I can see and that is 13. Not much room to move.

You can also compare them to what they would bring in:

1. Mckenzie/Vanders

2. Bail/ND5

3. Terlich/ND27

4. Hunt/ND47

5. Jamar/ND66

6. Howe/*Trade Pick and/or Player*

7. Cross/Harmes

8. Fitzpatrick/DFA1

9. Garland/*FA Pick

10. Grimes/*Trade Pick and/or Player*

11.Michie/DFA2

12. Riley/ND86

13. M Jones/DFA3

The above are in some sort of 'desire to keep' order but the value return disappears in my opinion at Michie for the second delisted FA, we might see the back of more than that but I doubt it. I would keep Michie and Riley around but the latter hasn't played much and that isn't a good thing in a contract year - the return on the 11th change onwards isn't great.

• Like 4

Not convinced. Hope if they do resign him give him a year not 2 or 3. Otherwise more potential deadwood.

It's a pity Pederson's not a bit younger. I agree at 28 yrs he should play one more as we need forwards who can mark until we can bring in another.

we need key position depth,,, so that the young kids, if the lose direction, or get injured, they can lose they're spot easily... Frost & Hogan are still kids. & we need to maintain some maturity.

Dawes isn't the answer really with his restricted marking ability.