Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

I don't have access to SEN's tapes strangely enough... I would love danger to come to the dees but when I hear him making statements about loyalty to Adelaide and loving living in the city I prefer at this stage to believe him rather than posters on demonland. I hope to be proven incorrect in this!

Don't be so pedantic. He said on live radio.

You would have been one of those people saying Roos had said definitively he wasn't coming to Melbourne, where the truth was he'd never said such a thing. Journalists can imply whatever they want. I was quoted in an industry publication recently and my words were completely taken out of context and used to build an entirely separate argument. You can manipulate words in almost any manner. Therefore, you need clear cut quotes.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 4

The blank cheque we have allegedly handed him would be a good starting point.

And for every Scully, there are hundreds of footballs on far below market value because they value winning over money.

Adelaide would be willing to go pretty bloody close to what we offer, and GWS would I imagine be able to go past it.

I'm not saying I'm not excited by the prospect of a player I consider top 10 in the comp and a superstar we've been looking for since the 90's, I'm just saying as good as Chook's mail is there's no way he's a 90% chance.

Regardless, there's a lot of lies, mistruths, deceit, spin and just plain bs in footy ... one thing is true though - the big money on offer to certain players.

Follow the money trail ... "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"

Players in their early to mid 20's have a chance to set themselves up for life with the amount of money on offer in footy these days ... any star of the game can go down that path, anytime.

These top players don't have to wait until they're free agents either - the offers will come thick and fast from other clubs to players approaching free agency status (or those players whose contracts are due to expire)

The clubs that these players are contracted to (or tied to) will know this and these clubs may be quite prepared to trade a top player as a consequence.

It's the new age of footy.

Adelaide's main problem is that all 3 of Danger, Sloane and Tex will be getting seven figure offers from other clubs, and they can't match it for all 3 players without running into salary cap problems.

All 3 become free agents at the same time too, worryingly for them.

• Like 1

Adelaide's main problem is that all 3 of Danger, Sloane and Tex will be getting seven figure offers from other clubs, and they can't match it for all 3 players without running into salary cap problems.

All 3 become free agents at the same time too, worryingly for them.

They're going to lose all their stars.

And we're reaping all the benefits.

tumblr_lzamtbGSNI1qjk6q2o1_400.gif

• Like 11

What likelihood is there that Sanderson was prepared to entertain a trade for Patty but the board intervened to prevent losing him, and will now play hard ball and refuse to trade him?

That quote from Roo where he said "if we didn't make this decision now, things would almost definitely have gotten worse for our club". Could he have been referring to the Danger trade that Sanderson was prepared to entertain?

/conspiracytheory

What likelihood is there that Sanderson was prepared to entertain a trade for Patty but the board intervened to prevent losing him, and will now play hard ball and refuse to trade him?

That quote from Roo where he said "if we didn't make this decision now, things would almost definitely have gotten worse for our club". Could he have been referring to the Danger trade that Sanderson was prepared to entertain?

/conspiracytheory

I mentioned this last week.

I think the Sanderson sacking was meant to be a preventative measure to stop Dangerfield going, but may have had the reverse effect, with the players copping the blame for the sacking.

At least now Dangerfield could use the excuse of being disenchanted with the coach's sacking and the ensuing blame game, if he is to leave as predicted.

Personally, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't leave Adelaide before Oct 2015.

• Like 1

Watching that interview with him Thursday, looking more and more likely he was absolutely furious because he had to come out, toe the company line, and defend his integrity by denying claims the players had the coach sacked.

I'd be pretty disenchanted with my employer if I was put in such a nonsensical situation and had to defend my integrity. Could explain why he was so touchy with Newman's questioning (although he does push buttons), and why some of his answers seemed so rehearsed.

I mentioned this last week.

I think the Sanderson sacking was meant to be a preventative measure to stop Dangerfield going, but may have had the reverse effect, with the players copping the blame for the sacking.

At least now Dangerfield could use the excuse of being disenchanted with the coach's sacking and the ensuing blame game, if he is to leave as predicted.

Personally, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't leave Adelaide before Oct 2015.

I think this was a common sentiment that was spattered throughout bits of media.

I would've thought Sando was doing the right thing by the Crows if this was the case. If PD was definitely looking to get back to Vic and would've had that option under FA then the better longer term option for the Crows would've been to capitalise on a really good trade before it happens.

I sort of Hope this has backfired completely on Riccuito but like most things like this in footy, we'll probably never know.

• Like 1

Watching that interview with him Thursday, looking more and more likely he was absolutely furious because he had to come out, toe the company line, and defend his integrity by denying claims the players had the coach sacked.

I'd be pretty disenchanted with my employer if I was put in such a nonsensical situation and had to defend my integrity. Could explain why he was so touchy with Newman's questioning (although he does push buttons), and why some of his answers seemed so rehearsed.

Dangerfield had committed to The Footy Show before Sanderson was sacked and didn't really want to go on, but he also felt pulling out was a worse look.

I would still ideally like to pick him up for nothing next year and keep our picks.

• Like 1

Dangerfield had committed to The Footy Show before Sanderson was sacked and didn't really want to go on, but he also felt pulling out was a worse look.

I would still ideally like to pick him up for nothing next year and keep our picks.

Is that your read on things FT or did you hear it through the grapevine?

Won't happen.

In an even race next year in FA we'd be likely to lose.

Our advantage this year is that we have the assets to satisfy Adelaide so that he could make his move a year earlier.

• Like 9

Won't happen.

In an even race next year in FA we'd be likely to lose.

Our advantage this year is that we have the assets to satisfy Adelaide so that he could make his move a year earlier.

I don't know E25. He is a Restricted FA so his preferred destinations (ie Cats, Hawks, Pies) will have to outbid the Crows and I don't know if they will have the cap space. Buddy is the only example where a FA left and the departing club got clear unders in terms of draft picks. And that took him taking a 9 year deal to a club with an inflated salary cap.

Nearly every time a name is put up for trade someone says "Don't get rid of him, he will be better next year or he's been injured or...whatever. The fact is for the last 8 years we have been crap and down near the bottom. Changes will be made and some unpopular with some people but they are all for the betterment of the club and done by the people with real experience and know how. Time to trust in our leaders!

That's true, but in the argument of trading either Toumpas or Trengove in some kind of deal with Adelaide, I'd be more inclined to hold on to Trengove because he has shown he can play. I'm hoping beyond all hope that his lacklustre last few seasons have been due to this injury and that when back to full health, he'll be a similar player to that of 2010/11.

Saying 'trust in our leaders' is unnecessary. We have no option, only this forum to (as Nasher mentioned) discuss our various viewpoints. If you look at it pessimistically, all of this talk is pointless, but it can be fun.

• Like 1