• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Deficit Tax

Dee Fan

If this Government introduces a Deficit Levy/Tax they will lose the next election in a landslide; I will vote against them as will many others that are forced to bear the brunt of Government incompetence. It seems as if I not only didn't get a plasma, I have to pay for those that did.

This is a grab for cash and a rather poorly thought out one at that, it punishes their own natural constituency and will be their downfall. Like a lot of others in a high income bracket I pay a heap of tax already and have for years and I don't appreciate Tony telling me that we all have to pitch in and get the budget back in order; what about looking at some that are on the disability pension because they are too emotional to work any longer or have some minor injury that prevents them ever working again. It's not the collection of money that's a problem it's how they spend it.

I watched Bolt the other day, first time in many moons and ex NSW Labor treasurer Costa was on and he said this is insane they need to fix the structural problems with the economy not just grab a few $$$'s here and there. When will they learn.

So if there's going to be some 'heavy lifting', who's going to do it?

FIIK I've done more than my share of it, I'm a bit over being told that we all have to share the burden when it's really not all, it's a few.

It just doesn't pay to work hard or be successful in this Country.

It's not the collection of money that's a problem it's how they spend it.

When has it ever been any different ?

This has been the problem on both sides of politics since the time of Noah playing fullback for the Jerusalem under 10's

So the Liberals:

In opposition to the Hawke Government ...

• opposed assets testing of pensions in 1984

As the Howard Government ...

• relaxed the income tests for Family Tax Benefit (A)
  • introduced Family Tax Benefit (B)
  • introduced a non-means tested Private Health Insurance Rebate
  • introduced a non-means tested Baby Bonus
  • increased the generosity of superannuation tax concessions for the well-off
  • relaxed eligibility for the Seniors Health Card

In opposition to Rudd/Gillard

• campaigned against income testing of the Baby Bonus
  • opposed the suspension of indexation of the upper thresholds for Family Tax Benefits
  • promised to reverse means testing of the Private Health Insurance Rebate
  • opposed modest 5% taxation of superannuation pensions above $100,000
  • said any reduction in the Baby Bonus for second and subsequent children was akin to China's One Child Policy
  • opposed the abolition of the Baby Bonus

As the government again ...

• want to provide women earning $150,000 per year with a $75,000 parental leave payment

Rather ironic that Hockey now wants to end the dreadful 'Age of Entitlement'.

• Like 2

If this Government introduces a Deficit Levy/Tax they will lose the next election in a landslide; I will vote against them as will many others that are forced to bear the brunt of Government incompetence. It seems as if I not only didn't get a plasma, I have to pay for those that did.

This is a grab for cash and a rather poorly thought out one at that, it punishes their own natural constituency and will be their downfall. Like a lot of others in a high income bracket I pay a heap of tax already and have for years and I don't appreciate Tony telling me that we all have to pitch in and get the budget back in order; what about looking at some that are on the disability pension because they are too emotional to work any longer or have some minor injury that prevents them ever working again. It's not the collection of money that's a problem it's how they spend it.

I watched Bolt the other day, first time in many moons and ex NSW Labor treasurer Costa was on and he said this is insane they need to fix the structural problems with the economy not just grab a few $$$'s here and there. When will they learn.

see greece, recent debt, & social meltdown.

No one wants to pay tax, & all want more & more. power & greed, = corruption

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPZuWzZvoYQ

go the under dog

So the Liberals:

• opposed the suspension of indexation of the upper thresholds for Family Tax Benefits
  • said any reduction in the Baby Bonus for second and subsequent children was akin to China's One Child Policy

• want to provide women earning $150,000 per year with a $75,000 parental leave payment

You sound surprised, they're politicians, that's what they do.

But not for Politicians, only for people that actually have a job and earn a living.

Yeah, go and get a job and stop living on the public purse.

haven't been on the public purse Robbie for 5 years, since that illness. living from my bank account for 5 years now. How about you giving back others share of what you've taken from our mother earth.

again the tall poppies still think their ways are the right ways, when in reality all they are is right, not left... we like to leave some in the ground to share later. sustainable living.

Edited by dee-luded

haven't been on the public purse Robbie for 5 years, since that illness. living from my bank account for 5 years now. How about you giving back others share of what you've taken from our mother earth.

again the tall poppies still think their ways are the right ways, when in reality all they are is right, not left... we like to leave some in the ground to share later. sustainable living.

Don't worry I give back, plenty pay my full share of tax and then some.

I have worked m backside off to get where I have and i resent having to support someone else because they feel it's their right to not work.

There are families that are entrenched in the welfare system and will never work; how about they get off their arze and get a job and start 'giving back others share of what you've taken from our mother earth".

Don't worry I give back, plenty pay my full share of tax and then some.

I have worked m backside off to get where I have and i resent having to support someone else because they feel it's their right to not work.

There are families that are entrenched in the welfare system and will never work; how about they get off their arze and get a job and start 'giving back others share of what you've taken from our mother earth".

sounds like you have 10 families share RF.

Thats the whole point you've worked your backside off thinking that everyone has to be like you, even if you have an unbalanced workaholic type obsessive type situation.

i am also an obsessive but I try not to force others to do as I say. I just hope they will see the other side of the coin.

I too have worked long & hard 70 + hour weeks, but realised this isn't what life is about. less is more RF. take enough for your daily bread, & leave the rest till tomorrows next feed.

Give till you bleed RF, its not about monetary wealth; thats just your insecurity demanding you appear like a zillion $$$, so your self esteem feels better. When in truth, your self esteem should not need that bunk up.

instead of working on yourself it sounds like you've worked on money.

sounds like you have 10 families share RF.

Thats the whole point you've worked your backside off thinking that everyone has to be like you, even if you have an unbalanced workaholic type obsessive type situation.

i am also an obsessive but I try not to force others to do as I say. I just hope they will see the other side of the coin.

I too have worked long & hard 70 + hour weeks, but realised this isn't what life is about. less is more RF. take enough for your daily bread, & leave the rest till tomorrows next feed.

Give till you bleed RF, its not about monetary wealth; thats just your insecurity demanding you appear like a zillion $$$, so your self esteem feels better. When in truth, your self esteem should not need that bunk up.

instead of working on yourself it sounds like you've worked on money.

OMG what a load of shyte.

Love how you can come up with all this bs without ever having met me, just wow.

Let's just leave it there, I avoid your posts on the footy board so I don't see any point in reading them here.

OMG what a load of shyte.

Love how you can come up with all this bs without ever having met me, just wow.

Let's just leave it there, I avoid your posts on the footy board so I don't see any point in reading them here.

there ya go, run away.

I think you would post something like, no answer, nothing to give.

IMO you know, but you don't want to face the truths, because the house of cards will fall down. they just don't stack up, because those who play life like a game means theres winners, & then losers, so to make up for the profits of the greedy.

how much is in$atiable?

Edited by dee-luded

So the Liberals:

but they're (Libs) 'Age of Entitlement' is coming with more benefits for the 'entitled rich', including overseas investors.

at the expence of the average & battler.

they see life that makes it easier for those who are holics at work, & harder for those who want to work to live. Keep the bastards poor, so they have to work like slaves. Make them pay at every turn, from the turnstiles to the food counter, & drink counter.

.... they can pay at the carpark, at the pump, at the supermarket, the schools, the hospitals, the trains, & the stockmarket will ensure a strong level of inflation, just to keep those bastards scraping.

we are being run & organised by 'Holics', the whole Western World is run by tall poppies, & those tall poppies make the laws to suit themselves... at the expence of those who would work to live, laugh & be happy.

which part of the Aus demographic spends the most of Australia's money on overseas imports, luxury items & the like. the top end of town are our biggest exporters of our collective wealth, & technology. Jobs, & lifestyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mE745qmNE

go the underDog

Edited by dee-luded

there ya go, run away.

I think you would post something like, no answer, nothing to give.

IMO you know, but you don't want to face the truths, because the house of cards will fall down. they just don't stack up, because those who play life like a game means theres winners, & then losers, so to make up for the profits of the greedy.

how much is in$atiable?

I don't run away I just think you are a FI and I have no interest in discussing anything with you.

I find your posts bizarre and most of the time delusional, you probably should seek help.

There's not much point but perhaps you should look back at your posts and see if you can make any sense of them.

When has it ever been any different ?

This has been the problem on both sides of politics since the time of Noah playing fullback for the Jerusalem under 10's

Nutbean this thread has had me thinking. I mean we all know politicians of any colour will always say one thing in opposition then contradict themselves in government, it is part of the game that surprisingly a high percentage of supposedly educated voters will fall for every three years for their entire life! But there you go.

No but what has got me really thinking is if Noah played under 10's how many games did he knock up? I mean if he started that young and lived to be 950 years old as is recorded and we know he had his first child when he was 500 years old, how many games do you think he played? Now he could have played 490 seasons minus say one or two missed to build the boat and another season cancelled for wet weather. That leaves around 485 seasons, not sure how many games played a season but anyway even without records going back that far I reckon he would have Tucky's record covered!

In a rare demonstration of reason, it would seem Abbott is now willing to concede that his PPL scheme as it is currently proposed is not tenable. Something everyone else has been telling him for months and it seems the penny has finally dropped.

What impact this has on the "deficit levy" remains to be seen, but hopefully there won't be the insult of a multi-billion dollar PPL whilst hitting the taxpayers harder.

Cutting the maximum payment under the PPL from $75,000 to $50,000 is largely a stunt to regain lost ground.

It will lower the total projected cost of $5.2 billion by a small fraction. As Abbott said himself, there aren't many women of child-bearing age earning $150,000 pa.

No but what has got me really thinking is if Noah played under 10's how many games did he knock up? I mean if he started that young and lived to be 950 years old as is recorded and we know he had his first child when he was 500 years old, how many games do you think he played? Now he could have played 490 seasons minus say one or two missed to build the boat and another season cancelled for wet weather. That leaves around 485 seasons, not sure how many games played a season but anyway even without records going back that far I reckon he would have Tucky's record covered!

Noah went on to have a successful coaching career. I know that Terry Wallace takes the credit but I read in this book that Noah invented the flood.

• Like 3

I don't run away I just think you are a FI and I have no interest in discussing anything with you.

I find your posts bizarre and most of the time delusional, you probably should seek help.

There's not much point but perhaps you should look back at your posts and see if you can make any sense of them.

I think you are deluded in your ideas.

I'm not surprised you find others ideas bizarre, as you are so in denial & fixated on your lived beliefs. you won't even contemplate difference. As if it were too frightening for your beliefs to cope with.

I don't need to look back as I know what I've posted to you.

good luck with avoiding your taxes.

In a rare demonstration of reason, it would seem Abbott is now willing to concede that his PPL scheme as it is currently proposed is not tenable. Something everyone else has been telling him for months and it seems the penny has finally dropped.

What impact this has on the "deficit levy" remains to be seen, but hopefully there won't be the insult of a multi-billion dollar PPL whilst hitting the taxpayers harder.

How do we know he intended to Not break this promise before the election was run. they may have quietly planned to make then break this 'PPL Scheme' promise all along.

talk about scheme.

abbott the Liberals have history, of saying one thing, & doing another.

Robbie I basically agree with your line of thought. But there is a basic structural tax income problem for the government. Outgoings are rising but taxes are falling. We have to raise extra funds from somewhere. Australia is a low tax country by OECD standards and we have to manage an entire continent. Taxes will rise but where from? I would be happy with a financial tax of a few cents on every share transaction, that would raise money on a useless, speculative activity. We could also remove the concessions on Super that is just a tax dodge. I read somewhere recently if you remove all these concessions, you can raise your income with an across the board 15 % tax rate on income.

There is a huge backlog in infrastructure expenditure needed in the next 10 years to keep us functioning so Governments need funds to rebuild Australia. It must come from Government, not the private sector, they are far too expensive in raising funding. Goverment's must be willing to go into debt to fund infrastructure construction to maintain our productivity levels. Our Super Funds should be forced to always have a % of triple A government bonds as their base capital requirements for their license.

I think you are deluded in your ideas.

I'm not surprised you find others ideas bizarre, as you are so in denial & fixated on your lived beliefs. you won't even contemplate difference. As if it were too frightening for your beliefs to cope with.

I don't need to look back as I know what I've posted to you.

good luck with avoiding your taxes.

I'm not surprised that you have a carton character as an avatar; that seems to be about your level.

As for paying taxes; if you were smart enough to read what I posted "Like a lot of others in a high income bracket I pay a heap of tax already and have for years and I don't appreciate Tony telling me that we all have to pitch in and get the budget back in order" you wouldn't have been stupid enough to make your final comment.

Robbie I basically agree with your line of thought. But there is a basic structural tax income problem for the government. Outgoings are rising but taxes are falling. We have to raise extra funds from somewhere. Australia is a low tax country by OECD standards and we have to manage an entire continent. Taxes will rise but where from? I would be happy with a financial tax of a few cents on every share transaction, that would raise money on a useless, speculative activity. We could also remove the concessions on Super that is just a tax dodge. I read somewhere recently if you remove all these concessions, you can raise your income with an across the board 15 % tax rate on income.

There is a huge backlog in infrastructure expenditure needed in the next 10 years to keep us functioning so Governments need funds to rebuild Australia. It must come from Government, not the private sector, they are far too expensive in raising funding. Goverment's must be willing to go into debt to fund infrastructure construction to maintain our productivity levels. Our Super Funds should be forced to always have a % of triple A government bonds as their base capital requirements for their license.

That's it in a nutshell; they spend more than they earn and then expect others to bail them out.

It doesn't affect me all that much as I can retire and just tell them to stick it, but it really annoys me when they blame all around them, but can't understand that they are the problem.

They spend more than they earn and they continually compare us to other countries around the World that are in serious strife and say how much better off we are; what they don't tell you is that we are on the way to joining them.

As for Infrastructure; the only time that becomes an issue is in an election year and both parties go berserk. Why would I want to trust my superannuation to any of these d/heads?

Edited by RobbieF

That's it in a nutshell; they spend more than they earn and then expect others to bail them out.

It doesn't affect me all that much as I can retire and just tell them to stick it, but it really annoys me when they blame all around them, but can't understand that they are the problem.

They spend more than they earn and they continually compare us to other countries around the World that are in serious strife and say how much better off we are; what they don't tell you is that we are on the way to joining them.

As for Infrastructure; the only time that becomes an issue is in an election year and both parties go berserk. Why would I want to trust my superannuation to any of these d/heads?

I am only talking about requiring super funds to invest x % of their investment in AAA government infrastructure bonds at the going rate. That way super funds have a conservative investment option in their portfolio, Governments have access to cheap funding for productive investment. In the best of worlds the infrastructure investment decisions would be decided by an independent authority, so what gets built delivers the best bang for the buck. You can't trust the pollies to pick the right projects and you definitely can't trust the merchant banks to decide where they can make the most profit. The last thing OZ needs is the financial sector going on a PPP spree of high cost, useless construction that delivers high cost non solutions in search of a problem. Edited by Viscount Hood