OUT: Abbott IN: Turnbull

Soidee

1 hour ago, nutbean said:

sorry -  disagree on this.

I don't think anything that Abbott did from the first day that he  ook over as leader of the libs was a surprise. From day one what we saw with Abbott was what we got. If anything I think his inflexibility and inability to compromise on his belief's was what cost him in the end.  

I agree with what you wrote.   But I'm not sure what you disagree with?

16 hours ago, dee-luded said:

I agree with what you wrote.   But I'm not sure what you disagree with?

"He stalls the things he doesn't want. and avoids a direct answer committing his cabinet/government to a firm decision.

So NO,  he does not say what he means,  and will try to deceive Via being indirect 'media talk'."

No pollie speaks directly and is black and white - but I don't think I have come across a pollie that was more transparent in what he was going to do and what he wasn't going to do than Abbott.

It's a compliment and a slap all in one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nutbean said:

"He stalls the things he doesn't want. and avoids a direct answer committing his cabinet/government to a firm decision.

So NO,  he does not say what he means,  and will try to deceive Via being indirect 'media talk'."

No pollie speaks directly and is black and white - but I don't think I have come across a pollie that was more transparent in what he was going to do and what he wasn't going to do than Abbott.

It's a compliment and a slap all in one.

I haven't heard of another Australian politician that wants to change this Nation; country as well,  to something that its peoples do not want as the rabbot & his right wing christian masses.   This is where the renewed push for the rabbot has come from,  because of Turnbull's open minded thinking Re the gay community.

the Libs want Turnbull to win the election for them,  then they will force him out as they're leader within 18 months of this election.   And then bring back they're favourite christian soldier.

you say he is transparent, i agree...  But only to the politically acceptable point, of most voters.  He will not elaborate on the unpopular things or depths of his intentions which he intends he will bring upon our people because of his bible backed philosophy.  this is the dark side of the rabbott.  his deception.  He will come back a more politically correct version,,,  seen already going to the surf in a wet-suit,  trying desperately to change his image & undo all his bludgeoning mistakes.

.....  but his truth is already out there.  seen by all.  he won't muck up the election for Turnbull,,,  or the rabbot himself is finished. 

he cannot survive another term as opposition leader.  The people already know his tricks & his poisons.

I know Turnbull is walking a tightrope between the right and centre factions of his party and is therefore stymied into basically doing nothing at all ( or just plain unwilling)  but I cannot for a minute think that anyone in the Liberal Party think that the public would stand for an Abbott comeback. (except Eric Abetz and Corey Bernadi)

Wrecker - can you foresee Abbott back in the top job ?

4 hours ago, nutbean said:

I know Turnbull is walking a tightrope between the right and centre factions of his party and is therefore stymied into basically doing nothing at all ( or just plain unwilling)  but I cannot for a minute think that anyone in the Liberal Party think that the public would stand for an Abbott comeback. (except Eric Abetz and Corey Bernadi)

We saw the rabbot's finance dreams & desires in that Budget under his leadership...  & now he says that Turnbull's government goes to 2016 election under his ideas & workings.  He is trying to resell his brand.

He will cut everything to the budget bone, sending masses to unemployment, until wages fall.  This is why he wants the unions on they're knees.  So a royal commission to topple the toughest union left going,  after smashing the Dockers back under Reith.  Then he hopes they all fall over like dominoes. 

people will be working on wages like at domino pissa or 7/11.

The christian lobby is pushing for rabbot's return,  just as soon as the election is run & won by Turnbull.  He'll last just 15 - 18 months...  before the plebiscite gets any oxygen.  That will get delayed until after Turnbull has been sacked.

Turnbull, having been removed from his chair,   will then retire from politics,  & take his retirement smiling all the while.malcolm+turnbull+nicholson.jpg

article-6731-hero.jpg

Edited by dee-luded

reckon its not about a lacklustre leader,  but its about the governments policy principles.  

its comes down to cabinet...  the leader is really a vocal puppet on a string

see  > 1446552903479.jpg

Pope150916.jpg

&   ^  ^  ^  ^

Edited by dee-luded

On 3/30/2016 at 3:44 PM, nutbean said:

Despite personally liking him I never thought Abbott was electable in the first place. Yet he tied his first election with Gillard when an absolute underdog and was only denied Government by 2 rogue ministers who betrayed their centre right electorates. He won the next election in a landslide. He polls terribly but on election day he seems to produce.

It would be a step backwards for the Liberals to appoint him leader but a step forwards from Turnbull.

11 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

Despite personally liking him I never thought Abbott was electable in the first place. Yet he tied his first election with Gillard when an absolute underdog and was only denied Government by 2 rogue ministers who betrayed their centre right electorates. He won the next election in a landslide. He polls terribly but on election day he seems to produce.

It would be a step backwards for the Liberals to appoint him leader but a step forwards from Turnbull.

can we try and dig up someone else - anyone....

3 hours ago, nutbean said:

can we try and dig up someone else - anyone....

I'm wondering if Malcolm senses the right of his party have him in the gun,  & that he's contemplating giving it away ?  He's running on 3 cylinders.  He already has what he wanted, to be Prime Malcolm.   Now he can retire happy Malcolm.

Either way I think Malcolm will be gone between May 2016 - September 2017 ...

if he's removed that means the rabbot is back,  & that Morrison will be on one leg,  so will Julie Bishop.  drivers of the rabbot's sacking.

The right will then have they're way with us all.

49 minutes ago, Dr John Dee said:

Be very careful what you wish for, Nut. Kevin Andrews has been waving his hand around lately.

I should have put in some caveats....

2 hours ago, Dr John Dee said:

Be very careful what you wish for, Nut. Kevin Andrews has been waving his hand around lately.

KAndrews,,,,,,,  probably just a distraction to take peoples minds off  'the return of the rabbot',   photobombing the media.    a horror film by chris pyne.  

apparently opening the 2nd Friday of May 2016.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Turnbull has eliminated all possibility of making changes to negative gearing, after going to such lengths to ensure it was scoped in to the new tax review that Abbot scoped it out of.

His journey to the dark side of the force is almost complete.

20 hours ago, Choke said:

I see Turnbull has eliminated all possibility of making changes to negative gearing, after going to such lengths to ensure it was scoped in to the new tax review that Abbot scoped it out of.

His journey to the dark side of the force is almost complete.

I was largely slammed on DL for saying I would never vote for Turnbull when he first replaced Abbott. I stand by it.

The love media cheered him into the position but would never vote for him when it came to the crunch. Now he is Malcolm in the middle with no one of the left or right liking him. He stands for nothing.

Looks like the election is going to be fought on 

Manus Island - the people in detention Labor's legacy

Carbon Tax - Labor wants to bring in some kind carbon credit programme. The Liberals dont.

Negative Gearing - Liberals want no changes, Labor want to remove / amend the way it works.

Who knows what Turnbull actually believes about any of the above. I know where Shorten and Abbott stand.

12 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

I was largely slammed on DL for saying I would never vote for Turnbull when he first replaced Abbott. I stand by it.

The love media cheered him into the position but would never vote for him when it came to the crunch. Now he is Malcolm in the middle with no one of the left or right liking him. He stands for nothing.

Looks like the election is going to be fought on 

Manus Island - the people in detention Labor's legacy

Carbon Tax - Labor wants to bring in some kind carbon credit programme. The Liberals dont.

Negative Gearing - Liberals want no changes, Labor want to remove / amend the way it works.

Who knows what Turnbull actually believes about any of the above. I know where Shorten and Abbott stand.

Yup.

At one time, Turnbull was my great white hope. Socially progressive, economically conservative (similar I guess to how Rudd positioned himself before he massively failed to be either one of those things). Now it's pretty clear he either didn't mean what he was saying before he became PM or made a bunch of compromises to get there. Either way, it doesn't matter. My vote was his to lose and he's lost it.

Can't vote for Shorten either. Despite him actually saying some things I agree with in the last week, he remains irreparably compromised by union interests. Plus I have no faith in his ability to competently implement anything.

Looks like I'll be drawing a great big dick on my vote card again. No way I'm giving a protest vote to the greens.

I've moved from a position of 'disappointed with Australian politics' to 'actively disengaged'. I don't read nearly as much news about politics as I used to. I have no faith that anyone in any position of power in any political party has the country's best interests at heart.

I agree that those issues you've highlighted do seem to be the big ones for this election. Just on the Manus Island fiasco - I do find it funny that Labor is making this out to be the Liberals' fault. It was their goddamn policy, the Liberals just continued it when in power. Now they have the nerve to blame the Libs? I mean, the Liberals' hands are far from clean on this, but Labour is just making it out like they had nothing to do with it and they are the sole guardians of human rights.

[censored] I've made myself angry again.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Choke said:

Yup.

At one time, Turnbull was my great white hope. Socially progressive, economically conservative (similar I guess to how Rudd positioned himself before he massively failed to be either one of those things). Now it's pretty clear he either didn't mean what he was saying before he became PM or made a bunch of compromises to get there. Either way, it doesn't matter. My vote was his to lose and he's lost it.

Can't vote for Shorten either. Despite him actually saying some things I agree with in the last week, he remains irreparably compromised by union interests. Plus I have no faith in his ability to competently implement anything.

Looks like I'll be drawing a great big dick on my vote card again. No way I'm giving a protest vote to the greens.

I've moved from a position of 'disappointed with Australian politics' to 'actively disengaged'. I don't read nearly as much news about politics as I used to. I have no faith that anyone in any position of power in any political party has the country's best interests at heart.

I agree that those issues you've highlighted do seem to be the big ones for this election. Just on the Manus Island fiasco - I do find it funny that Labor is making this out to be the Liberals' fault. It was their goddamn policy, the Liberals just continued it when in power. Now they have the nerve to blame the Libs? I mean, the Liberals' hands are far from clean on this, but Labour is just making it out like they had nothing to do with it and they are the sole guardians of human rights.

[censored] I've made myself angry again.

I'll probably draw a picture of Alex Rance but apart from that I agree with you completely.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2016 at 11:12 AM, Choke said:

Feel exactly the same but I have actively moved onto American politics, in particular, the GOP  - it is a laugh riot and the good thing is that it doesn't impact here at all ( unless of course Donald gets in and would probably start World War 3 ) 

8 minutes ago, nutbean said:

Feel exactly the same but I have actively moved onto American politics, in particular, the GOP  - it is a laugh riot and the good thing is that it doesn't impact here at all ( unless of course Donald gets in and would probably start World War 3 ) 

So glad we don't have a Trump.

Yet.

Just now, Choke said:

So glad we don't have a Trump.

Yet.

I absolutely think Trump is comedy gold ( right up until the time he gets elected then I will cry out from rooftops "beware the loony tunes...beware the loony tunes")

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
16 minutes ago, nutbean said:

Can't believe I'm about to say this but - did you seriously expect him to follow through on that?

Just as an aside, it's pretty sad that we can't expect politicians (of any persuasion) to actually do what they say they will. WTF is going on?

• Like 2