After much adjective and hyperbole directly following game v Gold Coast I felt it necessary to post this fresh topic and would love to hear some more opinions.

While I've never been a Neeld fan and did vent on this forum post match, after listening to Neeld and Jones press conference I did feel better.

Neeld is learning the "top job" after a few seasons of playing Robin or Tombe the mist(Shintaro) at Magpies. Given this perhaps we must endure another year at least to see if he's any good.

Huge/massive recruiting blunders this year have contributed to why we are where we are. Rodan, Byrnes, Pederson, Sellar and yes...Dawes will all struggle at this level . Think of what 5 cleverly selected recruits would of done for us.

Types of the Ingerson, Icke, Wilson, Jackovich ilk are what was needed, even a Fevola ((current)surely would of been better than Sellar?

Our recruiting has been bad for years now. Not sure what hand Neeld had in 2013 recruits but he is responsible. Q is do we (or action Jackson) give him 2 more years to make good?

I actually have no conceptual problem with our recruiting this time around. I do have a problem with who we got and how much we paid, but I can see the thinking behind it and it all makes sense. I maintain that we should have made a big play for Gumby before even considering Pedersen, and possibly even before moving on Dawes. We paid too much for both of those recruits, but the PTB decided that we needed them and went out and made it happen, which I respect hugely. Rodan we paid dirt for, so no issues. Byrnes was a freeby. Matt Jones and Terlich are both showing that they were good pickups and are doing well for the team. Viney is a monster in the making. Toumpas? We'll see in a year or so if he can get his head around the speed and ferocity of AFL.

I do agree that we need tough, mongrel fighters in the club, but the lack there can't be put on Neeld. We had years of recruiting highly skilled players who can't handle physical pressure before he arrived, and we're still feeling the effects. He got rid of the ones he didn't think he could fix and is working on the rest. I think it's too soon to judge whether they can be rehabilitated.

5 goals Stuie....Cotchin won't play.

You can't be that dumb, you just can't be....

They are MUCH better than us, plus they're gathering momentum while we are going backwards.

We will be lucky if it is less than 100 points.

Gumby would of been huge pick up. Dawes was in sheer desperation or at least the next alternative. Neeld knew him so went out to get himhonestly believe giving Fev a one year contract would of been better and a lot cheaper. Hope I'm wrong. Like the look of Dawes in the no 6

Edited by thaipantsman

You can't be that dumb, you just can't be....

They are MUCH better than us, plus they're gathering momentum while we are going backwards.

We will be lucky if it is less than 100 points.

apparently I am. Lets see.

This is actually a measured, respectful post.

Supporters who were maligning the presser chose to quote Neeld out of context.

He is taking notes, giving nothing away.

Our list will only improve.

Blue skies coming.

Tiges by 40 - 50 points.....but, it'll mean another game into Terlich, Strauss, Sellar, M Jones, Howe, Gawn, Evans, Dawes, Kent, Viney etc.

And another week closer for Clark, three Jacks, Jamar and Sylvia.

• Like 1

Blue skies coming.

Tiges by 40 - 50 points.....but, it'll mean another game into Terlich, Strauss, Sellar, M Jones, Howe, Gawn, Evans, Dawes, Kent, Viney etc.

We just lost to the Suns by 10 goals. I don't understand how you can think we'll do better against a better side?

• Like 1

We just lost to the Suns by 10 goals. I don't understand how you can think we'll do better against a better side?

Because, in footy, with a young, developing team, things can happen.

Out of 180 attempted tackles from last week, 90 might just stick this time.

They might kick 4 straight, rather than 4 behinds at a crucial time of the game.

GWS pushed the Bombers, yet got smacked by the Crows.

It happens.

Btw, I rate GCS more than Richmond.

• Like 2

I'm not so sure, the only thing I am sure about is we paid overs.

Paid overs?? 500k a season for a key forward with big experience is hardly overs. The pies payed over for Cloke, I don't care how many marks he takes, his kicking for goal is a disgrace. There are 18 teams and less talent to go around. Dawes will also help in the development of Hoagan. Look at clubs like pies, cats and the hawks and how many star players they have. Who should we have targeted and considering we have to pay 92.5% of the cap who should be taking home the big dollars on our list?
  • Like 2

Because, in footy, with a young, developing team, things can happen.

Out of 180 attempted tackles from last week, 90 might just stick this time.

They might kick 4 straight, rather than 4 behinds at a crucial time of the game.

GWS pushed the Bombers, yet got smacked by the Crows.

It happens.

Btw, I rate GCS more than Richmond.

Fair enough. Maybe it's just the difference between optimism and pessimism.

Blue skies coming.

I think you're painting the clouds with sunshine.

Blue skies coming.

measured and respectful Jumbo? Welcome change at Demonland. You can give it too me. I have tough skin. Have been warned.

IMO will be closer than that. Melbourne match up very well and as you hinted, we are gaining experience as each week passes. If Clark, Jamar and Sylvia were playing would be right down to the wire.

Expect intricate changes in coaching strategies.

measured and respectful Jumbo? Welcome change at Demonland. You can give it too me. I have tough skin. Have been warned.

IMO will be closer than that. Melbourne match up very well and as you hinted, we are gaining experience as each week passes. If Clark, Jamar and Sylvia were playing would be right down to the wire.

Expect intricate changes in coaching strategies.

tpm, I don't 'give' it to any Demonlanders - I love the debate.

I'm not being cute, your post was terrific.

We need to be patient.