• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My thoughts of where we are

beelzebub

Nothing better to do on the couch with the flu.

So thought Id pen a few thoughts. These wont wear well with many here. i couldnt care less.

This for mine is a very Black and White review of our Red and Blue. By that I mean I havent tried to gloss anything. Im just calling it as I see it. I re-iterate for those unaware. To me the players as individuals or personalities matter not one iota. Its how any and all participate and add value to a team that matters to me. Far to much leeway is given for my comfort to many players.

They are paid ( very well ) professionals , doing a job they choose and love. So youd think theyd be at the cutting edge and keen as mustard. Well my-my dont some seem to get very cozy with it all and offer up very 2nd rate performances.

I am still agape that we seem to have so many on our list incapable of the the fundamentals of this game. How any one gets on an AFL list and cant kick for **** is beyond me. How some cant handball to a player 2m away and not get them is laughable. How some think its a good idea to kick to a 3 on 1 contest is beyond my comprehension. Why do some think its fun to run BESIDE the oposition. Havent they heard od shepherding anymore. !!

If I was really negative id say we have more than our fair share of numnuts on our list but I will now try to be a tad more candid and simply appraise in a very straightforward way.

So far the Coaches and FD have earnt a massive 10 foot high FAIL. Irrespective of any supposed advances and improvements we are effectively the easy beats of the competition. Yes folks play us and we will play you back into form whilst offering the bonus of a healthy percentage boost.

Do I particulalry like making parody of our beloved Dees ? Of course not but I cant take them seriously,i mean who does.

Well here we go

Nathan Jones

Has developed himself wonderfully. Is what I would call a real footballer in that he actually has the skills and nouse and grunt to play the game. He gains a high pass

Jack Watts

Ive been a masive fan over the journey but my fondness is dulling. Heres a guy who could and should be everything, he ought to be our Nick Reiwoldt but for what ever reasons really runs hard without effecting too much of the game. Currently a major disappointment. If he can immerse himself into the game he could really be something. I still have fingers crossed but he'll probably end up elsewhere.

He seems to have gone backwards. Currently a fail

Jimmy Toumpas

Was thought to be a ready made, he isnt. Is a bit underdone for AFL really atm but will come on I suspect and probably get some exposure in latter half of thi sseason in preparation for next year. Another good hard preseason and some maturity will benefit him.. Neither pass nor fail. A project thats coming along.

Chri Dawes

Unknown really. Many want him to be a mini messiah , he wont be. He will and ought to provide a good 2nd option up front and will have to step up in the absence of Clark.

Very much a watch this space. Im curious, and hopeful

Jack Viney

The would be soul of the team. Trying to do too much currently. Hasnt made a consistent impact yet , but he will. A pass

James Frawley

Finally finding some old form. Tentative ( and conditional ) pass , providing he maintains his intensity and focus. Canbe costly with the ball and needs to better this aspect of his game.

Jack Trengove

Jack cant be right. Hes slow and ineffective. Unsure of what he offers on the filed in terms of leadership but I wouldt be too impressed personally. That may seem harsh but you wear the stripes you takes the criticisms. Has gone backwards. Currently a Fail

Shannon Byrnes

Part of the great experiment. Brought in to provide small forward options. Havent seen much to write about. Fail

Mitch Clark

The great hope spends more time sidelined. Will he ever get a whole season in ? Hes hovering on Fail currently. If you arent on the park what use are you. Has to be said

Colin Sylvia

The great pretender. Runs around at about 75% effort. Makes cameo “look at me “ efforts. He ought to be tearing teams another orifice but never has. Whilst he is a Melbourne player we will never advance for he epitomoises compromise and settling for second best. In terms of ability..a massive fail

Jordie McKenzie

Nuggetty, great endeavour, crucifies the ball. Undoes all his good work with brain fades.. Does make it hard for his opponents though. Currently gets a gig because others cant usurp him. Thats not a great recommendation. Sneaks past as a conditional pass

Lynden Dunn

has reinvented himself and woken up to whats required. If only Sylvia could follow this guys efforts, if only. Has played some good utility /shut down games. Pass

David Rodan

Great dancer

Sam Blease

Has a way to go Sam. Has talent but for his time in our pool hasnt set world on fire. Bordering on fail

James Strauss

Has a lot to learn, will he ? Not a pass, not a fail...not anything really. Pull your finger out James

Colin Garland

probably our best and most consistent defender. Not world class but shines amongst our lot. Definite pass

Cameron Pedersen

Might take lessons off of Rodan and find a real purpose in life. Being on our list is a waste of time, fail

Josh Tynan

Great endeavor, and efforts. Not quite there in the ability dept but worth persevering with, ftm.

Tom McDonald

Tom, Tom, Tom; One step forwards 3 back. Pretty well describes your kicking ability , which practically doesnt exit.. In a way the new Rivers. Does a lot of good, followed by some massively poor executions and effectively detracts from teams progress.

Needs to learn some footy fundamentals. He isnt alone. That astounds me

Daniel Nicholson

I like his upside , I curse his sloppiness. Might improve, hope so

Tom Gillies

Someone remind me why he's on the list

Joel MacDonald

Has faded to grey. Fail

James Sellar

An in and out bit part player. Not really of great value , but could be. We have so many of his ilk currently on our list. Because he hasnt beenable to step up and cement a place in a very average team he must also have earnt a fail

Jack Grimes

great player, but not really a game day Captain, though would be the one to retain if you had to choose. Plays a bit too loose at times and seems weighted down by responsibilities. Good on him for trying. Let him just be a good player, demote him and set him free. Cant question his dedication. Get beter mate. Pass

Michael Evans

A work in progress. Some good , some bad. The bad ought to iron out with more experience. Qualified pass

Dom Barry

who the f knows..Way too early. Watch this space

Dean Kent

Someone who can play footy, how bloody novel. How did he sneak in !! lol PASS

Luke Tapscott

Hmm. If he can lose the assassin nature of his play and just be a hard at it , toast and jam , no nonsense player he may yet evolve into something quite interesting. Jury out on Luke

Aaron Davey

Take up dancing, see Rodan. Footy is over Im sorry Aaron

Max Gawn

hasnt really had enough exposure to really suggest what he may or may not be. Some interesting efforts to this point.. Id like to see more of Maxy. He just might be something

Jeremy Howe

Jeremy is an amazing talent who needs to develop his footy nouse. We know what he can do in the air but its on the ground he needs to develop. Get this right and we have a winner . PASS

Neville Jetta

Not 100% sure what he brings to the plate. He may not have the ticker for AFL level footy.

Mark Jamar

was AA, isnt now. Still for mine is a better ruck and footballer than Spencer. . On a good day hes great. Not a lot of good days . Just a pass

Troy Davis

Troy who

Jake Spencer

He ought to be a lot better. He wins a lot of taps to no advantage. For a big boy gets bumber very easily off his perch.. Ho-hm

Rory Taggert

A bit of a goer is Rory. Needs more games under belt before we'll know whether he will really blossom.

Rohan Bail

A great winger in a team that doesnt play with the need of one. He shines , he fades. Maybe the gigs up for Rohan.

Matt Jones

See Matt, see Matt play...because he can and can well. Matt is rare on our team, hes a real fair dinkum footy player...clone him !! PASS

Dean Terlich

Interesting to date. Shows something. Watch this space

Jack Fitzpatrick

We dont really know yet., who knows.

edit ( forgot )

Couch, Magner. Well it cant be that hard to break into our 22 if any good.. They cant, enough said

Stark , Clisby...too early to call

well there you have it. Told you you probably wouldnt like it or agree :)

We are a very average/medicore team. We are this way because we seem to have a lot of blokes with some form of talent but we have very few really good FOOTBALLERS !! A few a starting to emerge but how high will they go ..or indeed last. Clark being an abject example.

Some may consider my views terribly simplistic and/or heavy handed. My answer : In all my years of following this game it has made me quite savvy to the appreciation of being able to spot blokes who CAN play...and those that are imposters.. I have no time for the latter. Not all decent players are super talented but a fair dinkum player brings something to the jumper..

Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 3

Tl;dr

:P

are comics more your domain :huh:

Lighten up mate. That's a short novel you've written there. :)

if you have nothing constructive to say...bugger off.

In order to describe that which I did requires more than a few words...otherwise its not worth the effort.

If you want to add to a discussion...by all means...if you want to post [censored].. go away.. Did I keep it to your attention span ?

Nothing better to do on the couch with the flu.

So thought Id pen a few thoughts. These wont wear well with many here. i couldnt care less.

This for mine is a very Black and White review of our Red and Blue. By that I mean I havent tried to gloss anything. Im just calling it as I see it. I re-iterate for those unaware. To me the players as individuals or personalities matter not one iota. Its how any and all participate and add value to a team that matters to me. Far to much leeway is given for my comfort to many players.

They are paid ( very well ) professionals , doing a job they choose and love. So youd think theyd be at the cutting edge and keen as mustard. Well my-my dont some seem to get very cozy with it all and offer up very 2nd rate performances.

I am still agape that we seem to have so many on our list incapable of the the fundamentals of this game. How any one gets on an AFL list and cant kick for **** is beyond me. How some cant handball to a player 2m away and not get them is laughable. How some think its a good idea to kick to a 3 on 1 contest is beyond my comprehension. Why do some think its fun to run BESIDE the oposition. Havent they heard od shepherding anymore. !!

If I was really negative id say we have more than our fair share of numnuts on our list but I will now try to be a tad more candid and simply appraise in a very straightforward way.

So far the Coaches and FD have earnt a massive 10 foot high FAIL. Irrespective of any supposed advances and improvements we are effectively the easy beats of the competition. Yes folks play us and we will play you back into form whilst offering the bonus of a healthy percentage boost.

Do I particulalry like making parody of our beloved Dees ? Of course not but I cant take them seriously,i mean who does.

Well here we go

Nathan Jones

Has developed himself wonderfully. Is what I would call a real footballer in that he actually has the skills and nouse and grunt to play the game. He gains a high pass

Jack Watts

Ive been a masive fan over the journey but my fondness is dulling. Heres a guy who could and should be everything, he ought to be our Nick Reiwoldt but for what ever reasons really runs hard without effecting too much of the game. Currently a major disappointment. If he can immerse himself into the game he could really be something. I still have fingers crossed but he'll probably end up elsewhere.

He seems to have gone backwards. Currently a fail

Jimmy Toumpas

Was thought to be a ready made, he isnt. Is a bit underdone for AFL really atm but will come on I suspect and probably get some exposure in latter half of thi sseason in preparation for next year. Another good hard preseason and some maturity will benefit him.. Neither pass nor fail. A project thats coming along.

Chri Dawes

Unknown really. Many want him to be a mini messiah , he wont be. He will and ought to provide a good 2nd option up front and will have to step up in the absence of Clark.

Very much a watch this space. Im curious, and hopeful

Jack Viney

The would be soul of the team. Trying to do too much currently. Hasnt made a consistent impact yet , but he will. A pass

James Frawley

Finally finding some old form. Tentative ( and conditional ) pass , providing he maintains his intensity and focus. Canbe costly with the ball and needs to better this aspect of his game.

Jack Trengove

Jack cant be right. Hes slow and ineffective. Unsure of what he offers on the filed in terms of leadership but I wouldt be too impressed personally. That may seem harsh but you wear the stripes you takes the criticisms. Has gone backwards. Currently a Fail

Shannon Byrnes

Part of the great experiment. Brought in to provide small forward options. Havent seen much to write about. Fail

Mitch Clark

The great hope spends more time sidelined. Will he ever get a whole season in ? Hes hovering on Fail currently. If you arent on the park what use are you. Has to be said

Colin Sylvia

The great pretender. Runs around at about 75% effort. Makes cameo “look at me “ efforts. He ought to be tearing teams another orifice but never has. Whilst he is a Melbourne player we will never advance for he epitomoises compromise and settling for second best. In terms of ability..a massive fail

Jordie McKenzie

Nuggetty, great endeavour, crucifies the ball. Undoes all his good work with brain fades.. Does make it hard for his opponents though. Currently gets a gig because others cant usurp him. Thats not a great recommendation. Sneaks past as a conditional pass

Lynden Dunn

has reinvented himself and woken up to whats required. If only Sylvia could follow this guys efforts, if only. Has played some good utility /shut down games. Pass

David Rodan

Great dancer

Sam Blease

Has a way to go Sam. Has talent but for his time in our pool hasnt set world on fire. Bordering on fail

James Strauss

Has a lot to learn, will he ? Not a pass, not a fail...not anything really. Pull your finger out James

Colin Garland

probably our best and most consistent defender. Not world class but shines amongst our lot. Definite pass

Cameron Pedersen

Might take lessons off of Rodan and find a real purpose in life. Being on our list is a waste of time, fail

Josh Tynan

Great endeavor, and efforts. Not quite there in the ability dept but worth persevering with, ftm.

Tom McDonald

Tom, Tom, Tom; One step forwards 3 back. Pretty well describes your kicking ability , which practically doesnt exit.. In a way the new Rivers. Does a lot of good, followed by some massively poor executions and effectively detracts from teams progress.

Needs to learn some footy fundamentals. He isnt alone. That astounds me

Daniel Nicholson

I like his upside , I curse his sloppiness. Might improve, hope so

Tom Gillies

Someone remind me why he's on the list

Joel MacDonald

Has faded to grey. Fail

James Sellar

An in and out bit part player. Not really of great value , but could be. We have so many of his ilk currently on our list. Because he hasnt beenable to step up and cement a place in a very average team he must also have earnt a fail

Jack Grimes

great player, but not really a game day Captain, though would be the one to retain if you had to choose. Plays a bit too loose at times and seems weighted down by responsibilities. Good on him for trying. Let him just be a good player, demote him and set him free. Cant question his dedication. Get beter mate. Pass

Michael Evans

A work in progress. Some good , some bad. The bad ought to iron out with more experience. Qualified pass

Dom Barry

who the f knows..Way too early. Watch this space

Dean Kent

Someone who can play footy, how bloody novel. How did he sneak in !! lol PASS

Luke Tapscott

Hmm. If he can lose the assassin nature of his play and just be a hard at it , toast and jam , no nonsense player he may yet evolve into something quite interesting. Jury out on Luke

Aaron Davey

Take up dancing, see Rodan. Footy is over Im sorry Aaron

Max Gawn

hasnt really had enough exposure to really suggest what he may or may not be. Some interesting efforts to this point.. Id like to see more of Maxy. He just might be something

Jeremy Howe

Jeremy is an amazing talent who needs to develop his footy nouse. We know what he can do in the air but its on the ground he needs to develop. Get this right and we have a winner . PASS

Neville Jetta

Not 100% sure what he brings to the plate. He may not have the ticker for AFL level footy.

Mark Jamar

was AA, isnt now. Still for mine is a better ruck and footballer than Spencer. . On a good day hes great. Not a lot of good days . Just a pass

Troy Davis

Troy who

Jake Spencer

He ought to be a lot better. He wins a lot of taps to no advantage. For a big boy gets bumber very easily off his perch.. Ho-hm

Rory Taggert

A bit of a goer is Rory. Needs more games under belt before we'll know whether he will really blossom.

Rohan Bail

A great winger in a team that doesnt play with the need of one. He shines , he fades. Maybe the gigs up for Rohan.

Matt Jones

See Matt, see Matt play...because he can and can well. Matt is rare on our team, hes a real fair dinkum footy player...clone him !! PASS

Dean Terlich

Interesting to date. Shows something. Watch this space

Jack Fitzpatrick

We dont really know yet., who knows.

edit ( forgot )

Couch, Magner. Well it cant be that hard to break into our 22 if any good.. They cant, enough said

We are a very average/medicore team. We are this way because we seem to have a lot of blokes with some form of talent but we have very few really good FOOTBALLERS !! A few a starting to emerge but how high will they go ..or indeed last. Clark being an abject example.

Some may consider my views terribly simplistic and/or heavy handed. My answer : In all my years of following this game it has made me quite savvy to the appreciation of being able to spot blokes who CAN play...and those that are imposters.. I have no time for the latter. Not all decent players are super talented but a fair dinkum player brings something to the jumper..

so some players are beginning to emerge?

does that mean theyve got something right

in all your years of following the game, you are quite savvy at spotting good players?

please send your resume to MFC, they will use a scout with this knowledge

but thanks for taking the time to write your book, interesting comments

In order to describe that which I did requires more than a few words...otherwise its not worth the effort.

If you want to add to a discussion...by all means...if you want to post [censored].. go away.. Did I keep it to your attention span ?

Jesus Christ..it was a joke. I'd attend to those anger issues if I were you. Wowee.

• Like 1

so some players are beginning to emerge?

does that mean theyve got something right

in all your years of following the game, you are quite savvy at spotting good players?

please send your resume to MFC, they will use a scout with this knowledge

but thanks for taking the time to write your book, interesting comments

A blind man shooting in a barrel will hit something.

Are you suggesting that alone qualifies the teams progress as successful ?

For almost everyone one that seems to be coming along to some degree I could offer you one that is regressing.

We chose an experimental gang as a fillip...yet not one played on the weekend .

We have scouts.... we have recruiters. we have some seriously flawed judgements that creep in amongst all of this. Weve picked a lot of guys over the recent journey who lack the fundamentals to be AFL level impact players. Little things like kicking to a position, or kickiing to benefit.

But hey some just kill it on the beep test. Some clubs are more aware of what makes a good FOOTBALLER not just an elite athlete. Im hoping Taylor brings some of this acumen.

Edited by belzebub59

A blind man shooting in a barrel will hit something.

Are you suggesting that alone qualifies the teams progress as successful ?

For almost everyone one that seems to be coming along to some degree I could offer you one that is regressing.

We chose an experimental gang as a fillip...yet not one played on the weekend .

We have scouts.... we have recruiters. we have some seriously flawed judgements that creep in amongst all of this. Weve picked a lot of guys over the recent journey who lack the fundamentals to be AFL level impact players. Little things like kicking to a position, or kickiing to benefit.

But hey some just kill it on the beep test. Some clubs are more aware of what makes a good FOOTBALLER not just an elite athlete. Im hoping Taylor brings some of this acumen.

you wrote players are emerging , not me

you wrote ,i know that what it takes in all my years of savvy.

as i said if you know that much put in for the recruitment job

remember you wrote it , not me

some good points about players were written

That flu must be a real doozy, BB59.

In order to be spared your wrath, I promise I will read the OP later tonight.

• Like 3

I read it and agree with some of the stuff you wrote, I like you hope Watts will make it, I like you am now not sure.

I think spencer was ok around the ground and his kicking is pretty good, I think Gawn will be #1 ruck by years end.

On Magner and Couch, they can't break in cos they are rookies so can't be selected.

One may get elevated due to Grimes injury.

are you really saying you read bb's post and you got from it that he was saying "players are emerging"?

fmd your comprehension skills are woeful

and your point is....

There are some players emerging. Youd want to bloody hope some do wouldnt you. Yet given the number of fellas on our list all we have really is a handful youd pick week in week out and a handful emerging.. WOW. That leaves an awful lot of NQR's for mine.Well done MFC.

yes I also said I ( probably like many a seasoned follower of footy ) can espy a player who has something as opposed to those that plod along taking money under false premises. I make no real claims at spotting kids in the making. That seems to have been your assertion and interpretation.

You are the one who makes out you need to apply for a recruiting position .I have no interest in it.

What I will resay here , is that the coaching dept isnt the recruitment dept. Neeld didnt recruit Toumpas or Viney or Hogan or Kent or Terlich etc. The FD's boys did. Its up to the coaching dept to extract whats there and hone it. Some players simply dont need any help or real guidance they simply KNOW how to play footy. Do you think coaches did anything really for Ablett(s) or Judd or Buddy or Chapman or Ling or Fletcher, Hird etc. They instinctively play football. We have been very poor in the past at getting this type of player...and yet with had abundant opportunities in picks to do so. Others need coaching a lot more. Some despite all efforts are just (for mine ) inept at this level.

I find it interesting though that the likes of Kent, Jones and Terlich, all of recent drafts are showing more in a shorter time frame than many whove been on our list a lot longer. This bodes well. Again I say hopefully with steering from Taylor we will get better at picking footballers, not elite beepers !!

edit ( forgot )

Liked your analysis. You're right, some of it was painful but the truth hurts.

RE Magner and Couch I think there might be more to the issue then just breaking in. They would have been in this years 22, but issues with rookie list (Evans either dropped or promoted) and some quesitonables who got into the 22 instead. Such is life.

Potential to be in top 22 - Im hopefull but it all depends who is culled at the end of this year.

In short - they are this years 22 standard. But didn't get in. Maybe some possibility with LTL.

Dont bother - saw condemned's post - exactly the same point

Hope you get better

Edited by PJ_12345

and your point is....

There are some players emerging. Youd want to bloody hope some do wouldnt you. Yet given the number of fellas on our list all we have really is a handful youd pick week in week out and a handful emerging.. WOW. That leaves an awful lot of NQR's for mine.Well done MFC.

yes I also said I ( probably like many a seasoned follower of footy ) can espy a player who has something as opposed to those that plod along taking money under false premises. I make no real claims at spotting kids in the making. That seems to have been your assertion and interpretation.

You are the one who makes out you need to apply for a recruiting position .I have no interest in it.

What I will resay here , is that the coaching dept isnt the recruitment dept. Neeld didnt recruit Toumpas or Viney or Hogan or Kent or Terlich etc. The FD's boys did. Its up to the coaching dept to extract whats there and hone it. Some players simply dont need any help or real guidance they simply KNOW how to play footy. Do you think coaches did anything really for Ablett(s) or Judd or Buddy or Chapman or Ling or Fletcher, Hird etc. They instinctively play football. We have been very poor in the past at getting this type of player...and yet with had abundant opportunities in picks to do so. Others need coaching a lot more. Some despite all efforts are just (for mine ) inept at this level.

I find it interesting though that the likes of Kent, Jones and Terlich, all of recent drafts are showing more in a shorter time frame than many whove been on our list a lot longer. This bodes well. Again I say hopefully with steering from Taylor we will get better at picking footballers, not elite beepers !!

you said in all my years of following the game, it has made me quite savvy to the appreciation of being able to spot blokes who CAN play.

yes coaches did help those players. ablett has stated quite often he was lazy and didnt like to be tagged

ling needed help to find the right position to play due to lack of pace and follow up. thats why a COACH made him a tagger

all players recieve coaching and dont advertise it .

the fd is doing a good job but people seem to be enammered with sacking somebody, its excusive.

some of your findings are right on the money, congratulations big fella

I read it and agree with some of the stuff you wrote, I like you hope Watts will make it, I like you am now not sure.

I think spencer was ok around the ground and his kicking is pretty good, I think Gawn will be #1 ruck by years end.

On Magner and Couch, they can't break in cos they are rookies so can't be selected.

One may get elevated due to Grimes injury.

I just strikes me that would Couch and Magner be of something that the club thought they were then by now they ought to have climbed off the rookie list. Magner came out all guns blazing and then ran out of ammo. Couch...just that bit under equiped to break through. Cant see either remaining. Sense another 10 plus clear out come years end.

Spencer is a big boy...who gets knocked sideways very easily ...far too easily...have you seen him..lol Hes a bit unco as I see it. Get his timing wrong. Jamar still much better at understanding where to be. Jake will probably get most of the seasonb to improve. Lets see if he does.

It will be interesting to see who gets a nod as a result of Grimes going on the LTI

I thought you said last week you were going to not support Melbourne (ok) and not be part of this forum any more.

Fair enough, then there seemed to be another post 10 minutes later reaffirming that commitment to not tread these hallowed halls any longer as it was all to shocking.

I may have missed where you reclaimed your spot in this shrinking universe of hair shirts but you seem to be not very sick.

Now You really carry on yet again.

I remember years ago where you said you had never been to a game at Docklands or any other away ground and asked what it was like.

I wish you would [censored] off.

• Like 1

not a bad assesment bb59. you've been nicer to some blokes and harsher on others than i would have been, but the end result paints the same sorry picture - we're not good enough in 2013

It will be interesting to see who gets a nod as a result of Grimes going on the LTI

you said you can spot a good player from the stands, so maybe you should answer that question

I thought you said last week you were going to not support Melbourne (ok) and not be part of this forum any more.

Fair enough, then there seemed to be another post 10 minutes later reaffirming that commitment to not tread these hallowed halls any longer as it was all to shocking.

I may have missed where you reclaimed your spot in this shrinking universe of hair shirts but you seem to be not very sick.

Now You really carry on yet again.

I remember years ago where you said you had never been to a game at Docklands or any other away ground and asked what it was like.

I wish you would [censored] off.

youre good at making stuff up Franky.

where have I ever said Ive never been to a docklands game ?? Put up or shut up

What I have said is I dont like the place and wont return. Lets get facts straight shall we.

I have never said I wouldnt suport Melbourne. I actually went as far as saying id still remain a member. I justcant be stuffed if they cant be.

I did say I was going to choof off until something interesting happens and I probably will soon enough.. The flu's nearly beaten.

Thankyou for you imput Franky....i truly value it

Edited by belzebub59

Enjoyed your write-up agree with plenty of it. In my opinion the imposters in this team that do just enough to get a regular game. I speak of Jetta that jogs up and down the centre of the ground and gets to contest just late enough to tackle or hopes a loose ball comes his way. Rohan Bail I have always liked but has no impact on a game and does not impose himself enough. McKenzie is just not good enough. Spends most of his time on the grass. Poor decision-maker, can't kick, can't create, can't handpass but a lovely bloke.

Spencer = Spud. If he was small he would have been delisted years ago.

Jamar = imposter with a 3 year contract

T McDonald = Mathew Warnock

Davey = Gone the day he signed his 5 year deal.

Sylvia to good to get rid of unless we get a top 20 draft pick.

Sellar = witches hat

Gillies. What games did the FD see at Geelong that rated him a possible premiership player at MFC. Could have had Jack Hannath instead. Blunder! Blunder!

Rodan- Nice guy taking up list space. Could have kept Brad Green, Rivers or even Moloney

Trengove - Love the guy but he is not a midfielder. Prepared to work through his issues and pray that he comes good.

We need more players that can win their own footy such as Matt Jones. 20+ disposals should be the norm for a mid-fielder.

• Like 2

Not a lot to disagree with there Theo.

Its pathetic really that we only had ONE bloke accumulate 20 + for the game.. Were talking 20...not 30 !!

How we go about Sylvia will ( for mine ) tell us much as to how we are travelling. Big Boys clubs will callit a day on him, take what we can get by way of any compo and move on. Weak clubs will cave to keeping him out of irrational fear of "losing someone of his creed". Thereby admitting to one and all they just dont get it as its actually his creed we need rid of.

There does indeed seem much in the way of mismanagement wrt Trenners. I can only feel hed be better on the LTI also until right to return FIT to the magoos then us. So whos making this call..?? Seems wrong.

I do like Tom, in the main, but both at training and matches he just doesnt have anything like a natural kicking action. He therefore thinks too much and wil get dacked more often than not as he's worries about it. A bloke rightly ought to be an assett but often plays like a liability. how manyplayers can you really afford to take the field who cant kick the ball ??

Here is list comparing our 100+ gamers to the next worse Victorian team in the Bulldogs and also some highly rated opposition.

Demons Bulldogs Magpies Hawks Cats Swans

Rodan 179 Giansiracusa 234 Johnson 235 Guerra 241 Corey 259 Goodes 325

Davey 162 Murphy 233 Jolly 231 Burgoyne 227 Enright 250 Bolton 307

Sylvia 144 Boyd 210 Lynch 215 Mitchell 227 Chapman 247 O'Keefe 263

Jones 141 Cross 203 Didak 213 Hodge 210 Bartel 231 Mattner 221

Jamar 129 Cooney 188 Swan 202 Lake 199 Kelly 216 McVeigh 200

McDonald 123 Griffen 167 Ball 193 Hale 179 Johnson 200 Shaw 189

Byrnes 114 Morris 157 Maxwell 181 Lewis 175 Hunt 186 Richards 187

Frawley 107 Minson 142 Cloke 180 Sewell 172 Mackie 179 LRT 174

Dunn 101 Higgans 109 O'Brien 165 Franklin 167 Rivers 153 Malceski 132

Hudson 164 Osbourne 166 Selwood 141 Grundy 120

Shaw 158 Roughhead 165 Stokes 137 Jack 120

Thomas 156 Birchell 158 Taylor 118 McGlynn 110

Pendulbury 154 Gibson 130 MacIntosh 107 Tippit 104

Krakour 130 Rioli 111 Hawkins 106

Russell 121 Varcoe 104

Young 116 Lonergan 103

Toovey 114

My knowledge of other teams playing group is not as great as it is with the dees, but I'll have a guess at clubs best 22 makeup.

Demons: 9 players 100+ five, arguably six of these are best 22

Bulldogs: 9 players 100+ 8/9 best 22

Magpies: 17 players 100+ 12/17 comfortably best 22 with the rest being solid replacements

Hawks: 14 players 100+ 13/14 are best 22

Cats: 16 players 100+ 15/16 are best 22

Swants: 13 players 100+ 12/13 are best 22

Now here is a collection of random thoughts;

• We have the fewest number of best 22 players with over 100 games experience.
  • Only Jones and Frawley can say that they put consistent games week in week out (I know Frawley hasn't had the best start to the year but he is a quality defender putting up with a barrage of inside 50's every single week). So we have a total of two players that we can safely rely on in a week to week basis to perform to a high standard. Compare that to the Magpies who have a dozen players with greater than 100 games experience who put in consistent high quality football.
  • Scarily, this is just looking at it from a quantitative perspective. I think we all know about the quality footballers with experience in the top opposition teams compared to the lack thereof in our own.
  • We are going to be in for a world of hurt for a lot longer unless we can trade in or win over some high quality free agents at the end of the season. We are in desperate need for on field leaders with experience.
  • With all due respect to Sylvia and Jones, it is an embarrassment to see them run out as our most experienced players on a weekly basis... they're 27 and 25 ffs.
  • Jack Trengove is our 13th most experienced player out of 45 listed players with 64 games at 21 years of age. Watts is our 16th most experienced with 59 games at 22years.
  • Our 22nd most experienced player is a 3rd year player with 25 games under his belt in Tom McDonald. Collingwood's 22nd most experienced is Nathan Brown with 74.
  • What I would give to acquire two or three free agents in Lenny Hayes, James Bartel, Sam Mitchell if only for a year or two.

Edit: Formatting

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 4