Max Gawn and Dean Kent

dazzledavey36

Just watched the footage from the VFL game on the weekend and by jeez we need to get these guys into the team now! I thought maybe Gawn would need another solid week but apperently he had 20 disposal and led the team tackles! This is a 209cm ruckman by the way! you would never see those numbers on Mark 'Donut King' Jamars stats! but on the footage he looked agile and took a couple of strong pack marks and kicked a couple whiched i like! Gawny would surely have to come under seriouse consideration this weekend??

Kent look great too very quick and great left foot kick aswell! his break away pace leaves his opponent lagging behind struggling he has some seriouse talent this kid!

What have we got to lose start blooding these two i reckon :)

• Like 4

Both need to be given a shot. What are we waiting for? If we're going to get beaten, let's see what all of the kids can do. That includes Taggert and Tynan. Don't tell me Taggart couldn't do what A couple of them are dishing out. Or should we just leave them in Casey to lose all confidence.

• Like 2

We keep throwing these boys in when they are not ready.

We console ourselves by saying that 'the kids couldn't do any worse!' and we may be right but what does it do (what has it done) to the development of kids to play before they should and be involved in the soul destroying losses that we have seen these past two weeks.

Toumpas should not have been exposed to the AFL like this. From reports on the MFC website - he has taken it awfully badly.

We just don't learn.

Stop throwing the kids to the wolves when they are not ready and make sure that they earn their call up.

• Like 4

We keep throwing these boys in when they are not ready.

We console ourselves by saying that 'the kids couldn't do any worse!' and we may be right but what does it do (what has it done) to the development of kids to play before they should and be involved in the soul destroying losses that we have seen these past two weeks.

Toumpas should not have been exposed to the AFL like this. From reports on the MFC website - he has taken it awfully badly.

We just don't learn.

Stop throwing the kids to the wolves when they are not ready and make sure that they earn their call up.

Whilst i agree with you, Gawn is a bit different and i think he could come in.

Perhaps even as another forward option?

He has bulked up and can take a grab.

Maybe Toumpas wasn't ready.

Gawn at his size shall be physically-threatened by no-one, not even Sandi. He won't be making a debut either.

Perhaps there's a bit of a fitness query but I don't believe he'd anyway have any trouble matching Jamar's GPS numbers.

Kent has already shown a maturity beyond his years in the NAB and VFL and has mongrel factor. He won't be back-pedalling either.

He also has a bit of natural flair to his game. Four bounces and a goal from outside 50 lifts any team. Let's see some of it before he's neutralised.

Throw them to The Eagles.

Just watched the footage from the VFL game on the weekend and by jeez we need to get these guys into the team now! I thought maybe Gawn would need another solid week but apperently he had 20 disposal and led the team tackles! This is a 209cm ruckman by the way! you would never see those numbers on Mark 'Donut King' Jamars stats! but on the footage he looked agile and took a couple of strong pack marks and kicked a couple whiched i like! Gawny would surely have to come under seriouse consideration this weekend??

Kent look great too very quick and great left foot kick aswell! his break away pace leaves his opponent lagging behind struggling he has some seriouse talent this kid!

What have we got to lose start blooding these two i reckon :)

only something to win - you cannot lose anymore than we are now. Like the look of Kent - there is something of a footballer who has a dip - something sadly lack with our current lot.

I've been saying that about Kent since game one of nab

ball magnet, fast, agile and hood disposal. Easily in our best 22.

gawnie had a good game. Would love to see him string a few together.

tappie also played well.

Both need to be given a shot. What are we waiting for? If we're going to get beaten, let's see what all of the kids can do. That includes Taggert and Tynan. Don't tell me Taggart couldn't do what A couple of them are dishing out. Or should we just leave them in Casey to lose all confidence.

Rory Taggert is coming back from an extended period out with a back injury. Yesterday, he played for Casey's development league (reserves) team so don't expect him to play senior AFL football any time soon.

However, I am a big believer in bringing in the kids when you're in trouble as we are at the moment. That won't achieve instant gratification for some as would sacking the President, CEO, coach and half of the football department but in the medium to long term a few breakout games from some of the young kids like say, Max Gawn, Luke Tapscott and Dean Kent in the next month might well lift the confidence of the team and therefore the club a lot more quickly than some might think.

• Like 7

Rory Taggert is coming back from an extended period out with a back injury. Yesterday, he played for Casey's development league (reserves) team so don't expect him to play senior AFL football any time soon.

However, I am a big believer in bringing in the kids when you're in trouble as we are at the moment. That won't achieve instant gratification for some as would sacking the President, CEO, coach and half of the football department but in the medium to long term a few breakout games from some of the young kids like say, Max Gawn, Luke Tapscott and Dean Kent in the next month might well lift the confidence of the team and therefore the club a lot more quickly than some might think.

WJ you appear to be a supporter of the status quo.

Is there a point at which you would support their removal?

WJ you appear to be a supporter of the status quo.

Is there a point at which you would support their removal?

Old Dee, WJ is one of the rare breed on this forum who have copious amounts of common sense.

I completely agree with him that in times like these, the kids who are physically ready to play AFL should be exposed to the game. That is to say, players like Gawn, Tapscott, Kent, Strauss, Jetta - even Davis. Why keep playing the players who have proved time after time that they cannot compete to AFL standard? Sylvia is a prime example. Taking up a spot in the team when he does not deserve it.

For the record, the only point at which I personally would call for the sacking of senior officials would be once they've had a chance to see their plans through. In the case of our senior coach, that would involve him coaching more than 24 AFL games.

• Like 1

Old Dee, WJ is one of the rare breed on this forum who have copious amounts of common sense.

I completely agree with him that in times like these, the kids who are physically ready to play AFL should be exposed to the game. That is to say, players like Gawn, Tapscott, Kent, Strauss, Jetta - even Davis. Why keep playing the players who have proved time after time that they cannot compete to AFL standard? Sylvia is a prime example. Taking up a spot in the team when he does not deserve it.

For the record, the only point at which I personally would call for the sacking of senior officials would be once they've had a chance to see their plans through. In the case of our senior coach, that would involve him coaching more than 24 AFL games.

Thanks dees_rule_4eva. Couldn't have put it better myself.

I understand there are people baying for blood but I don't believe in the scorched earth policy expounded by many on this site, especially when there are no viable alternatives.

All I want to see is a positive attitude running through the club.

That's what I think you need to change the status quo OD.

• Like 1

Really happy and excited for Maximus Gawnius getting back on the park and playing. Hope he is enjoying it and he can get a seniors run in the next month or so.

If he ends up with a 100+ game career the medico's and fitness (oh and Maxi himself) have done a stellar job to come back from 2 knees.

Thanks dees_rule_4eva. Couldn't have put it better myself.

I understand there are people baying for blood but I don't believe in the scorched earth policy expounded by many on this site, especially when there are no viable alternatives.

All I want to see is a positive attitude running through the club.

That's what I think you need to change the status quo OD.

Ok I was interested in your view.

I used to hold a similar one but I now think it is beyond this administration to produce.

In my view they have had five years for zero return.

At years end they should retire any thing less will result in a blood bath that will take even longer to recover from.

I fear for the very existence of my club

Really happy and excited for Maximus Gawnius getting back on the park and playing. Hope he is enjoying it and he can get a seniors run in the next month or so.

If he ends up with a 100+ game career the medico's and fitness (oh and Maxi himself) have done a stellar job to come back from 2 knees.

His other disadvantage is that I'm one of his sponsors. However, I really do think the inclusion of this bloke with his 208cms and natural raw talent hidden by the time it's taken to recover from two knee injuries will make a difference in the not too distant future. Hope he stays healthy because he could be the next big thing.

I fear for the very existence of my club

How's that?

A few are alluding to this impending disaster - one poor hapless fellow think we will immediately merge with North Melbourne.

What is this doomsday scenario?

And how does it play into these facts:

1. The AFL wants 9 games a week which means 18 teams.

2. They have already pumped, and are pumping, money into 2 new markets so there is little chance for a third exercise.

3. Tassie is tapped by two clubs.

4. Canberra is not big enough. And would be costly regardless.

5. Our financial position is as strong as it has ever been.

The AFL wants us alive, we are fighting fit from a commercial standpoint, and there is nowhere to go if we were to be relocated.

Stop being so maudlin about the existence of the club.

• Like 2

InSo can anyone explain to me what he's doing in the development league??

I think quite a few have explained that he is being handled carefully after a back injury. They are not pushing him at the moment.

• Like 1

How's that?

A few are alluding to this impending disaster - one poor hapless fellow think we will immediately merge with North Melbourne.

What is this doomsday scenario?

And how does it play into these facts:

1. The AFL wants 9 games a week which means 18 teams.

2. They have already pumped, and are pumping, money into 2 new markets so there is little chance for a third exercise.

3. Tassie is tapped by two clubs.

4. Canberra is not big enough. And would be costly regardless.

5. Our financial position is as strong as it has ever been.

The AFL wants us alive, we are fighting fit from a commercial standpoint, and there is nowhere to go if we were to be relocated.

Stop being so maudlin about the existence of the club.

Stop being so confident in an organisation that could not fight its way out of a wet paper bag.
  • Like 1