Cameron Schwab

Range Rover

13th or lower since 2006. 101 losses, 32 wins.

If you can't whip yourself into a frenzy after that you deserve to die as a club. Simple as that.

That's not the point I'm making.

YOU continue to revel in the club's misfortune.

Is it because it gives you some sort of platform?

It's sick.

You're not doing it, but you want to see it happen.

And you're enjoying whipping some of the more feeble minded into a frenzy.

You revel in watching this club burn.

We've seen it many times before with different controversies.

Don't you ever get sick of the sound of your own voice..?

What a pathetic viewpoint. No-one is revelling in this and everyone here is fully capable of thinking for themselves. What a turnip you are. Go and derail some more threads with your condescending [censored].

• Like 2

What a pathetic viewpoint. No-one is revelling in this and everyone here is fully capable of thinking for themselves. What a turnip you are. Go and derail some more threads with your condescending [censored].

We have given 2013 all of one games evidence and we are calling for Neeld, Royal, McLardy, Schwab, and the rest of the board to be sacked (with the seeming ignorance of the fact that board members cannot be sacked).

We are going to get a response next Saturday night, and while I appluad the passion, I question the evidence for a mass spilling of the MFC in April.

Let's do our blood letting in October.

That's not the point I'm making.

YOU continue to revel in the club's misfortune.

Is it because it gives you some sort of platform?

It's sick.

You have no point you goose.

All you've got in your kitbag is a vitriolic attack on me. Yet not one one word in defence of 32 wins, 101 losses.

Go on. Play the ball instead of the man. Defend it.

You can't can you? Now go away.

We have given 2013 all of one games evidence and we are calling for Neeld, Royal, McLardy, Schwab, and the rest of the board to be sacked (with the seeming ignorance of the fact that board members cannot be sacked).

We are going to get a response next Saturday night, and while I appluad the passion, I question the evidence for a mass spilling of the MFC in April.

Speaking for myself, I've called for Neeld to, at worst, be on notice. I'd give him til Round 7 to prove he can coach an AFL team to something resembling success. If not, he goes. I'd be happy if he took Royal with him at that stage.

The criticisms of Schwab are well documented and honestly I think his time at this club is done.

I do however see where you're coming from.

• Like 3

You have no point you goose.

All you've got in your kitbag is a vitriolic attack on me. Yet not one one word in defence of 32 wins, 101 losses.

Go on. Play the ball instead of the man. Defend it.

You can't can you? Now go away.

There's no point.

You don't want to listen to reason or have an intelligent discussion.

The events leading up to now are well documented.

Cause & effect.

This is his 4th tenure as a CEO. The other three he left in questionable circumstances including his first stint with us where he was involved in our salary cap scandal which included secret over payments to Gary Lyon and left in disgrace. That cost us big money and draft picks that set our development back significantly in the early 2000's and never recovered. He is still a hated man at Richmond and Fremantle. Under his stewardship the clubs he represented have only made the finals once in more than 15 seasons.

Should never have been brought back into the club, I've always believed this and still do.

• Like 1

There's no point.

Cause & effect.

Haven't seen any intelligent discussion from you yet. Explain the "Cause & Effect" to enlighten us.

There's no point.

Cause & effect.

Lol, whose spearheading the intelligent discussion? You? With your accusations of everyone being stupid and RR being someone who takes sick pleasure in the demise of the club? Please just leave.

I'm not calling for Neelds head but I am Schwabs, he screwed us the first time and he will walk with a payout again.

• Like 1

Speaking for myself, I've called for Neeld to, at worst, be on notice. I'd give him til Round 7 to prove he can coach an AFL team to something resembling success. If not, he goes. I'd be happy if he took Royal with him at that stage.

The criticisms of Schwab are well documented and honestly I think his time at this club is done.

I do however see where you're coming from.

What an idiotic viewpoint.

You don't build a strong culture by bringing in a new coach every 18 months.

And if you're not talking about that, what on earth is this redundant concept of "putting him on notice"?

Emotive guff to make you feel a bit better?

Buckshot blaming will get us nowhere.

Or do you falsely believe we are somehow now a great team that is being poorly managed?

Have you forgotten what we were like last year?

What great change has the team undergone?

Did we make a mockery of other team's ability to negotiate at the trade table?

Are our draftees the great instant game-changer?

Fortunately the club is focused on solutions, not finger pointing a cataclysmic knee jerk reactions like you see here in the peanut gallery.

NB. Hinkley's success to date at Port is a false economy.

This is his 4th tenure as a CEO. The other three he left in questionable circumstances including his first stint with us where he was involved in our salary cap scandal which included secret over payments to Gary Lyon and left in disgrace. That cost us big money and draft picks that set our development back significantly in the early 2000's and never recovered. He is still a hated man at Richmond and Fremantle. Under his stewardship the clubs he represented have only made the finals once in more than 15 seasons.

Just a slight correction. I'm being a bit pedantic but Schwab wasn't actually involved when the payments themselves were made. The original payments outside the cap were made in 1994 w hen he was CEO of Richmond. His part in all of it was when he hid these payments from Joseph Gutnick. Gutnick, and rightfully so might I add, was angry that he wasn't informed as soon as possible. They tolerated each other for as long as possible until Joe fired him for concealing that information from him just after mid season 1999.

I won't comment on his here and now but from what I can tell as an outsider, Cameron has bought a lot of the '60's- '70's Richmond culture with him to the other clubs he has been to. When I say that, I mean that he, like Graeme Richmond in his day, tries to run his own little fiefdom and tries to have his fingerprints over all aspects of the club. This also includes the football department. I have read the opinions of Freo supporters who will stand in front of the club gates with flaming torches just to make sure he or Chris Connolly never get back in, such was his meddling with their recruiting.

As far as the balance sheet goes, I feel that what he does is pretty top notch. If he were to be judged on that, I would say keep him (and I have said so in the past). I though am starting to think that the well has been too poisoned for his position to be tenable. There is a lot of resentment from supporters (and potentially players) that he and Connolly got off but Bailey got sacked. If there was true justice they probably should have all been sacked.On top of that, it's a distraction in itself that a CEO should be such a divisive figure.

I am not a Schwab hater. I think he has done a great job in 2/3s of what he has done however his role in the fiasco of the 'Red and Blueprint' is pretty damning. If he is on the last year of his contract he should be simply told that his contract will not be renewed at the end of the year and whether or not he wishes to see it out is entirely up to him. There are too many divisions in the club now and at the time of 186, rightly or wrongly, most of them seemed to revolve around him. It's harsh on an individual but it's the way I see it.

Just a slight correction. I'm being a bit pedantic but Schwab wasn't actually involved when the payments themselves were made. The original payments outside the cap were made in 1994 w hen he was CEO of Richmond. His part in all of it was when he hid these payments from Joseph Gutnick. Gutnick, and rightfully so might I add, was angry that he wasn't informed as soon as possible. They tolerated each other for as long as possible until Joe fired him for concealing that information from him just after mid season 1999.

I won't comment on his here and now but from what I can tell as an outsider, Cameron has bought a lot of the '60's- '70's Richmond culture with him to the other clubs he has been to. When I say that, I mean that he, like Graeme Richmond in his day, tries to run his own little fiefdom and tries to have his fingerprints over all aspects of the club. This also includes the football department. I have read the opinions of Freo supporters who will stand in front of the club gates with flaming torches just to make sure he or Chris Connolly never get back in, such was his meddling with their recruiting.

As far as the balance sheet goes, I feel that what he does is pretty top notch. If he were to be judged on that, I would say keep him (and I have said so in the past). I though am starting to think that the well has been too poisoned for his position to be tenable. There is a lot of resentment from supporters (and potentially players) that he and Connolly got off but Bailey got sacked. If there was true justice they probably should have all been sacked.On top of that, it's a distraction in itself that a CEO should be such a divisive figure.

I am not a Schwab hater. I think he has done a great job in 2/3s of what he has done however his role in the fiasco of the 'Red and Blueprint' is pretty damning. If he is on the last year of his contract he should be simply told that his contract will not be renewed at the end of the year and whether or not he wishes to see it out is entirely up to him. There are too many divisions in the club now and at the time of 186, rightly or wrongly, most of them seemed to revolve around him. It's harsh on an individual but it's the way I see it.

He has a three year contract starting from the middle of last year. Care to wait that long? Edited by Muvver Jones

His contract was renewed for a full three years just a few months ago, endorsed by ... one Don McLardy.

He has a three year contract starting from the middle of last year. Care to wait that long?

That's a bit different. And highly concerning.

He has a three contract starting from the middle of last year. Care to wait that long?

I thought it was only 2 and that was bad enough but 3 is total incompetence. I'm sure every other club in the AFL was clamouring for his services and he was irreplaceable.

His contract was renewed for a full three years just a few months ago, endorsed by ... one Don McLardy.

This has been a political manoeuvre by Don, something doesn't smell right at all here.

What an idiotic viewpoint.

You don't build a strong culture by bringing in a new coach every 18 months.

And if you're not talking about that, what on earth is this redundant concept of "putting him on notice"?

Emotive guff to make you feel a bit better?

Buckshot blaming will get us nowhere.

Or do you falsely believe we are somehow now a great team that is being poorly managed?

Have you forgotten what we were like last year?

What great change has the team undergone?

Did we make a mockery of other team's ability to negotiate at the trade table?

Are our draftees the great instant game-changer?

Fortunately the club is focused on solutions, not finger pointing a cataclysmic knee jerk reactions like you see here in the peanut gallery.

NB. Hinkley's success to date at Port is a false economy.

Staggeringly delusional.

Hinkley's success is a false economy?? What garbage. The state of the list does not lie and your vitriol can't dispute it. Younger than us. Less experienced than us. A team no-one wanted a bar of at the end of last year. Hinkley and Koch have walked through the door and as the early evidence would suggest, completely transformed that club. They made us look fourth rate.

Another case example can be found with the McCartney and the Bulldogs. Is that also a false economy?

As for your barrage of questions, half of which you don't really want an answer to, I'm not going to answer them all individually. Putting someone on notice is fairly common terminology, far from "emotive guff". The culture at the club has gone into decline in the past 12-18 months. You can dress it up however you like but that is plain as day judging by the completely disinterested, dispirited playing group, and especially evident in that first round showing, a day when arguably a team should be peaking in terms of confidence and application to the contest. It was a team that has gone backwards from Round 1 last year, a performance that also attracted widespread derision. So no, I have certainly not forgotten what we were like last year, under Neeld's watch. What is even the point of that question? If anything it supports the notion that Neeld is struggling to coach at senior level.

I don't believe we are a great team being poorly managed. I believe we are a mid table team being woefully managed.

I will wait til we play Gold Coast in Round 7 to make a final judgement on Neeld, but alarm bells have been set off. By all means, you continue to make excuses and agree with the voice in your head.

• Like 3

I had epiphany at about 20 minutes in to the third quarter on Saturday. We've been duped.

The scoreboard does not lie.

I agree with you Rangey that more than likely blood needs to be spilt. but i dont agree that the time for that is now. lets hope the year can be spent planning and sourcing proper replacements rather than racing out and grabbing whoevers available now. lets see how the players respond and more importantly lets see how neeld responds. we will learn alot the next few weeks. if we chop heads now or in 8 weeks it wont change much except satiate our current emotions. on the admin side of things perhaps kennets up for a challenge?

23 games actually. Nice retort. Resorting back to Plan A I see, name calling and no substance. You are a useless contributor.

I fear most of this is way over your head.

Hinkley's success is a false economy because it comes from one single game in isolation, against a poor opposition.

Still don't get it?

(Yes, that was also rhetorical...)

Staggeringly delusional.

Hinkley's success is a false economy?? What garbage. The state of the list does not lie and your vitriol can't dispute it. Younger than us. Less experienced than us. A team no-one wanted a bar of at the end of last year. Hinkley and Koch have walked through the door and as the early evidence would suggest, completely transformed that club. They made us look fourth rate.

Another case example can be found with the McCartney and the Bulldogs. Is that also a false economy?

As for your barrage of questions, half of which you don't really want an answer to, I'm not going to answer them all individually. Putting someone on notice is fairly common terminology, far from "emotive guff". The culture at the club has gone into decline in the past 12-18 months. You can dress it up however you like but that is plain as day judging by the completely disinterested, dispirited playing group, and especially evident in that first round showing, a day when arguably a team should be peaking in terms of confidence and application to the contest. It was a team that has gone backwards from Round 1 last year, a performance that also attracted widespread derision. So no, I have certainly not forgotten what we were like last year, under Neeld's watch. What is even the point of that question? If anything it supports the notion that Neeld is struggling to coach at senior level.

I don't believe we are a great team being poorly managed. I believe we are a mid table team being woefully managed.

I will wait til we play Gold Coast in Round 7 to make a final judgement on Neeld, but alarm bells have been set off. By all means, you continue to make excuses and agree with the voice in your head.

P Man you need to do the same thing with Port, let's see where they are at after round 7. There are another 8 teams on 0 points at the moment, let's see where they all are after rd 7