AFL investigation

deegirl

I've always read Gerard as being frustrated by our unprofessional ways & therefore our lacking success.

I believe he still loves the Dees, but for him its a love/hate relationship. joy & sorrow.

I don't think we'll find anyone happier when we win a flag, he as much as all of us.

So I don't put too much on his radio demeanor, just like some do with Schwarta... they said Schwartz hates the Dees. Not true.

I am staggered that anyone listening to Schwarta cant feel the love he has for the Club. Didn't he get into a fisty cuff with someone (I think a guest - unsure) at the station over comments made against Melbourne. He also talks about how he used to fight with Karen during the Scully saga. I love Schwarta's open passion for his Club and I love that he calls a spade a spade and is willing to criticize as well. To me his very fair minded. That is not what I would call GH. At the B&F the response to Jones naming GH as one of his mentors was somewhat lukewarm. It was embarassing and I thought pretty thick skinned for him to be there so soon after the interview that eventually dumped us in it. Listening to him some nights he doesn't strike me as having much enthusiasm for the Club at all,. I would have thought with all the sniping that WR fires our way he would have tried to inject a little more balance into the show.

• Like 3

I am staggered that anyone listening to Schwarta cant feel the love he has for the Club. Didn't he get into a fisty cuff with someone (I think a guest - unsure) at the station over comments made against Melbourne. He also talks about how he used to fight with Karen during the Scully saga. I love Schwarta's open passion for his Club and I love that he calls a spade a spade and is willing to criticize as well. To me his very fair minded. That is not what I would call GH. At the B&F the response to Jones naming GH as one of his mentors was somewhat lukewarm. It was embarassing and I thought pretty thick skinned for him to be there so soon after the interview that eventually dumped us in it. Listening to him some nights he doesn't strike me as having much enthusiasm for the Club at all,. I would have thought with all the sniping that WR fires our way he would have tried to inject a little more balance into the show.

I have always loved the open hearted ways of Schwarta. Open & honest.

And the night he sent Sam 'the toucan' Newman ass over [censored] is my highlight from The Footy Show.

I'm glad David is a one club player, & look forward to his kid/s if they ever play AFL.

• Like 1

And so he should be - that rubbish used to get up my nose, and I'm not even related to Greg....

I also tend to the view expressed in an earlier post that Gerard is not a vindictive type - don't know him, but just from what comes across from him on radio and TV.

I remember having a go at one of our so called supporters, every club has them, who was calling Greg a weak ....gutless etc..

It was the week after he broke a cheek bone and still fronted up for the next game, the guy backed down of course and so he should have. Greg was a very good and courageous Melbourne player.

Greg proved his courage many times.his brother was a [censored] at school and has gone on to reinforce the position.

If he was a [censored] at school then he turned it into an artform at uni, PE at Rusden and he was the original FIGJAM.

• Like 2

Guest Spirit of 39
Greg proved his courage many times.his brother was a [censored] at school and has gone on to reinforce the position.

You're obviously a St Bede's, Mentone boy.

Gerard and Greg's sister taught me at primary school. I always remember Greg coming to school and having a kick with us, and Gerard looking reluctant to be there. Gerard also got a very lukewarm reception at the Bluey Truscott this year. He didn't get a great reception from the crowd. He was only there to support his surfing mate in Chunk Jones. He wasn't there for his great love of the club.

• Like 1

If he was a [censored] at school then he turned it into an artform at uni, PE at Rusden and he was the original FIGJAM.

All these things are just a Facade, covering the real inner person.

Only spending time with someone shows the truth, as it seems the Jones boy has done & is considered a mate. Ego has strange imagery.

Why is it that people judge a persons character from a distance, based on nothing more than fleeting moments meeting someone, or in competition with someone, without getting to know them afterward, away from the pressures, when people let their guards down.

Gerard Healy isn't a big head as I knew him, but has mixed & played with many, and I'd go so far as to say that he may feel awkward in that company, so puts up a facade for people to see.

nothing new that i could see. Don't get too excited.

We know you want these diluted accusations to stick.

I prefer solid evidence.

you have not seen the evidence, nor have i, i dont want to be penalised as a supporter, just like you, just because i dont rate CS does not mean i want my club to go down, he done a great job this year to post a small profit under trying circumstances, but the guys lacking in other areas, and if we are charged you can bet your last 100 hes up to his neck in it, remember whiteboard wednesday, he was all over the footy department like you on a Thailand beach girl.

you have not seen the evidence, nor have i, i dont want to be penalised as a supporter, just like you, just because i dont rate CS does not mean i want my club to go down, he done a great job this year to post a small profit under trying circumstances, but the guys lacking in other areas, and if we are charged you can bet your last 100 hes up to his neck in it, remember whiteboard wednesday, he was all over the footy department like you on a Thailand beach girl.

You came so close to writing a whole post without being a [censored]...

• Like 2

You came so close to writing a whole post without being a [censored]...

Have you seen those Thailand beach girls ? but its hard to forget Whiteboard Wednesday isnt it, the CEO planning his premiership glory.

Have you seen those Thailand beach girls ? but its hard to forget Whiteboard Wednesday isnt it, the CEO planning his premiership glory.

Ive seen WYL while surrounded by Filipina Beach girls, and he was a gentleman.

.......I cant be like that.

I hope my kinfolk on 'Ology are wrong, but Im not happy to read what they are saying.

I hope my kinfolk on 'Ology are wrong, but Im not happy to read what they are saying.

Thanks FD...I would still say Terry Wallace & sticks have more to answer if there is demoracy.

mjt has an agenda like Wilson. He negates the fact that over $40 mill goes through the club now. A figure the previous board never got near.

Nobody is perfect. But the CEO job of the MFC would be a tough one.

• Like 1

Thanks FD...I would still say Terry Wallace & sticks have more to answer if there is demoracy.

mjt has an agenda like Wilson. He negates the fact that over $40 mill goes through the club now. A figure the previous board never got near.

Nobody is perfect. But the CEO job of the MFC would be a tough one.

there is a democracy, theres only investigations when clubs leak like the Titanic, , why point fingers at others, if they find us guilty there next, thats how a democracy works, you should be old enough to figure that out, if we get done for this then they have to fully investigate Carlton, thats how the system works, if we had a decent CEO we wouldnt be in this predicament, were in this position because theres a lot of people in the AFL industry that despise a certain person, who was Carltons CEO in 2007?

• Like 1

The AFL won't make any decision on charges until the MFC submission is lodged.

My inside info is that the AFL tanking case is weak at best and dependent on questionable evidence.

Suggestions that officials brought the game into disrepute by comments at in house meetings are virtually impossible to sustain and would almost certainly see the matter end up in the court system.

• Like 5

there is a democracy, theres only investigations when clubs leak like the Titanic, , why point fingers at others, if they find us guilty there next, thats how a democracy works, you should be old enough to figure that out, if we get done for this then they have to fully investigate Carlton, thats how the system works, if we had a decent CEO we wouldnt be in this predicament, were in this position because theres a lot of people in the AFL industry that despise a certain person, who was Carltons CEO in 2007?

Thank The Lord that we have Cameron Schwab as CEO and not his predecessors McNamee and Mr. Donothing before him because the way things were going under them we wouldn't have a predicament to be in - we would have been either cooked altogether or playing in some remote part of the country.

Thank The Lord that we have Cameron Schwab as CEO and not his predecessors McNamee and Mr. Donothing before him because the way things were going under them we wouldn't have a predicament to be in - we would have been either cooked altogether or playing in some remote part of the country.

That'll do. This thread is about the investigation and not about the CEOs position.

I've asked before so let's please stay on topic and leave your agendas against club officials elsewhere unless and until there are charges laid as a result of the investigation.

• Like 4

Mate the AFL don't have to do anything.

The MFC have to stand up and fight though.

All these things are just a Facade, covering the real inner person.

Only spending time with someone shows the truth, as it seems the Jones boy has done & is considered a mate. Ego has strange imagery.

Why is it that people judge a persons character from a distance, based on nothing more than fleeting moments meeting someone, or in competition with someone, without getting to know them afterward, away from the pressures, when people let their guards down.

Gerard Healy isn't a big head as I knew him, but has mixed & played with many, and I'd go so far as to say that he may feel awkward in that company, so puts up a facade for people to see.

Actually that opinion was formed after getting to know him very well before and during his playing career, the person was my father who became good friends with many other footballers who studied PE at Rusden ie Peter Curran, Chris Connolly etc. Healy was always a massive ego

The AFL must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that actions taken by the coaches or players was different from those taken by other clubs and that these actions clearly slow an intention to loose games. If they cannot prove the above then it will not stand up in court. Hearsay and the words from disgruntled players need to be validated or else it has little value. If Melbourne took this to court I would feel certain they would be seriously looking at calling coaches, assistance coaches etc to call into question these same actions by other clubs.

thats a fair call, in a months time i will start a thread on whos steering the ship, and from reliable mail blokes like yourself will be bitterly shattered.

The old "reliable mail", unless it's come from the AFL or the club it can't be too reliable; where's yours from?

• Like 1

The old "reliable mail", unless it's come from the AFL or the club it can't be too reliable; where's yours from?

I will not get into a slanging match with a FH who donates a lot of time and money to our club.