Brad Green on radio this morning

The club needs to apologise to Green.

'Brad, we are so sorry that we had such a bad culture and never developed any leaders. We're very sorry that we put you in a position you should never have been in. Your failure as a captain is our full responsibility.'

You don't know that, neither do i. The reality is that we have no idea what went on and don't pretend you do.

Green said himself that the players were unprofessional. He didn't say he was able to turn them around. Surely if he had been able to do that, he would have talked about it proudly. Edited by Chook

Lol... He'll be top 4 in the Bluey mate. Not the most skilled, but aside from Jones, our most consistent and tough performer.

Therein lies our problem. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of his fearless attack on the contest but if we are to be a good side JM cannot be in the top 4 of the Bluey.

Therein lies our problem. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of his fearless attack on the contest but if we are to be a good side JM cannot be in the top 4 of the Bluey.

Totally agree Nut. Love his attitude etc, but in a good side he would be a depth player at best. Has had a better year than I expected from him though so I'm a fan of what he brings to us at the moment.

Edited by stuie

Totally agree Nut. Love his attitude etc, but in a good side he would be a depth player at best. Has had a better year than I expected from him though so I'm a fan of what he brings to us at the moment.

He will still be lucky to get a game next year. I like Joel, but it is this type of player that we must get improvement from.

He will still be lucky to get a game next year. I like Joel, but it is this type of player that we must get improvement from.

Joined the chat on MFC website last night and somebody asked Jade Rawlings about Joel Mac, said he had improved this year, still a lot of upside to him......but that's only an assistant coach who has some say in picking the team, so that can't be right surely

Joined the chat on MFC website last night and somebody asked Jade Rawlings about Joel Mac, said he had improved this year, still a lot of upside to him......but that's only an assistant coach who has some say in picking the team, so that can't be right surely

Because assistant coaches always publicly pay out on the players in their charge :wacko:

• Like 1

disagree - I dont think you can get much improvement from him - the players we need improvement from are the ones who should be, could be (arent) game breakers - Sylvia, Blease, Frawley etc- give me improvement from those types of players over JM any day .

disagree - I dont think you can get much improvement from him - the players we need improvement from are the ones who should be, could be (arent) game breakers - Sylvia, Blease, Frawley etc- give me improvement from those types of players over JM any day .

You miss my point. I don't think Joel will be with us next year. He will not improve anymore.

We need higher calibre.

You miss my point. I don't think Joel will be with us next year. He will not improve anymore.

We need higher calibre.

He'll be with us - of that i have no doubt what so ever. As i have said on other threads he is exactly the sort of hard working player Neeld wants at the club. No way Neeld will axe him.

He will still be lucky to get a game next year.

I hope so. Cos if that's the case it means our young blokes are improving.

I like Joel, but it is this type of player that we must get improvement from.

I don't think he'll improve much more. But he's fulfilling his role, a role that will hopefully change a bit as the young guys come through.

Because assistant coaches always publicly pay out on the players in their charge :wacko:

You post some silly stuff these days mate. Joel has been good this year, Jade said as much, that's all there is to it.

Why would he pay out on one of our most consistent players?!

The club needs to apologise to Green.

'Brad, we are so sorry that we had such a bad culture and never developed any leaders. We're very sorry that we put you in a position you should never have been in. Your failure as a captain is our full responsibility.'

No, I think everyone who is criticizing Green's leadership are the ones who need to apologise. He's a club legend for god's sake, with his experience he couldn't have been as terrible as people are saying he is. I can't see how our Captains this year have done a better job than Brad did, but our last deserved Captain was definitely James McDonald

• Like 2

No, I think everyone who is criticizing Green's leadership are the ones who need to apologise. He's a club legend for god's sake, with his experience he couldn't have been as terrible as people are saying he is. I can't see how our Captains this year have done a better job than Brad did, but our last deserved Captain was definitely James McDonald

So he is a legend and he wasn't bad but he was an undeserved captain...

The guy is a great bloke, an effective wing and flanker, the best option for captain in 2011, and was a part of the worst year of on-field leadership that I can recall in my short existence.

• Like 1

Rangey's 2013 R1 side:

Backs: no-one

Halfbacks: McDonald

Mids: Jones

Half forwards: Howe

Forwards: Clark

Rucks: no-one

Interchange: no-one

Coach: Neeld

Now that is an uncompromising team, a team that is all about solution and not problem.

Rangey's 2013 R1 side:

got their work cut out for them those guys ..lol

Rangey's 2013 R1 side:

I think you meant this....

Rangey's 2013 R1 Dream side:

Backs: Naitanui, Naitanui, Naitanui

Halfbacks: Naitanui, Naitanui, Naitanui

Mids: Naitanui, Naitanui, Naitanui

Half forwards: Naitanui, Naitanui, Naitanui

Forwards: Naitanui, Naitanui, Naitanui

Rucks: Naitanui, Naitanui, Naitanui

Interchange: Naitanui, Naitanui, Naitanui, Sub: Naitanui

Coach: Naitanui

• Like 2

Rangey's 2013 R1 side:

Gold

For a minute i thought I was reading the:

RR

L

NN

thread. (soon to be turned into a blockbuster movie romcom)