Everyone Stand Up And Applaud Mark Neeld

Range Rover

Here's that "The first half year" thread . 86% predicted 4 or more wins . And nobody predicted anything less than 2 wins . It's difficult for me to take seriously those who say that this was how our season could start .

http://demonland.com...irst-half-draw/

Edited by Macca

I don't know why you blame the board for everything....Is it their job to get the players playing in a cohesive unit...They are there to put everything in place for the FD,which I think they have done this year....Not their fault that the players are shite at the moment....

It is year 5. That is why i am putting them under a spotlight of sorts.

Here's that "The first half year" thread . 86% predicted 4 or more wins . And nobody predicted anything less than 2 wins . It's difficult for me to take seriously those who say that this was how our season could start .

Well done Macca.

I said 'Brisbane and Richmond (just)' - does the 'just' get me a prize?

Guest José Mourinho

Yeah, but don't you regularly review and reassess, leading to adjustments in planning and your expectations?

That's what successful organisations do.

And that's what the MFC will have done.

And that's what sensible and reasonable supporters should do.

edit: you also need to consider those predictions were made not knowing what form our gameplan would take, how drastic the change would be from our previous incarnation, and how quickly the players would adjust.

Edited by José Mourinho

Well done Macca.

I said 'Brisbane and Richmond (just)' - does the 'just' get me a prize?

Closest to the pin by the looks of it , Hardnut . Your prize - bragging rights . Though I'm not sure you'd want that .

I tipped 5 wins by the way . Which was the median score I think .

Yeah, but don't you regularly review and reassess, leading to adjustments in planning and your expectations?

edit: you also need to consider those predictions were made not knowing what form our gameplan would take, how drastic the change would be from our previous incarnation, and how quickly the players would adjust.

Ahh , maybe not , I would have thought that all , or most of those who voted , would have taken what I've highlighted into account .

Edited by Macca

Jose, my post was the reason that thread was started.

My prediction was done considering all of what you have said, and also the suitability of our list to that plan.

You are right Macca - I didn't want the prize - of course I was hoping to be proven wrong!

It is year 5. That is why i am putting them under a spotlight of sorts.

Spot on, the buck stops at the top eventually .

Unless there are some positive signs by the end of 2012 a number of our board members should be doing the honourable thing and stepping aside.

Five years for 3 lasts will be a very poor result.

• Like 2

Ahh , maybe not , I would have thought that all , or most of those who voted , would have taken what I've highlighted into account .

I agree Macca anyone who now says that they expected this result is indulging in a grand case of revisionism

As I posted earlier , my opinion is about the here and now . That doesn't make my view too simplistic . People view things differently . Some like tangible proof , others have unquestionable faith .

I'd like to think I have reasonable expectations . More than 86% of Demonlanders thought we'd win 4 or more games in the first half of the season . Most picked 4 , 5 or 6 wins . Now the reason that I'm emphasising this is because like it or not , we are in the results business .

I think everyone's expectations were higher, including the coach. My bleating about it isn't going to change anything, so I try and analyse what's going wrong. I want to understand what's happening and why it's happening to make sense of it. Once I make sense of it I'll be in a better position to judge how long it will take to improve, but it also helps me to evaluate the coach. If not right away certainly in time. If you don't know what's happening before you it's hard to have an educated opinion on such matters.

One aspect of his coaching that I don't like is the tagging roles. Magner started really well, but is now tagging, Trengove is now doing a lot of tagging. What I liked about Trengove was his hunting of the ball and aggression. He played instinctively. But he now reacts rather than initiates and I don't like it. I like McKenzie tagging, because it suits him and he's not great with the ball in his hands, but not the other two. There's a fine line between knowing your role and being accountable defensively and losing your natural instincts to win the ball. Right now, in my opinion, Neeld has the balance wrong. And it's another reason why we're performing badly.

Edited by Ben-Hur
  • Like 4

Guest José Mourinho

They may have attempted to take those factors into account, but the point is that those factors weren't KNOWN at that stage.

As I said.

And all it proves is that a lot of us are poor judges, who needed to adjust our expectations.

Some of us have done that.

Edited by José Mourinho

Guest José Mourinho

Jose, my post was the reason that thread was started.

My prediction was done considering all of what you have said, and also the suitability of our list to that plan.

You are right Macca - I didn't want the prize - of course I was hoping to be proven wrong!

So what's the issue?

A lot of us are poor judges, and at that stage you managed to judge it correctly?

Why then do you demand better if it's exactly what you expected?

They may have attempted to take those factors into account, but the point is that those factors weren't KNOWN at that stage.

As I said.

And all it proves is that a lot of us are poor judges, who needed to adjust our expectations.

Some of us have done that.

Yep , I've adjusted my expectations . That doesn't mean I have to be happy about it .

So are you saying we should go around saying - "We'll win 3 games this year , party time !"

On another thread I have said I'm not interested in better placed draft picks . We've gone down that track before and it doesn't work . Losing is not for me . It's not a good habit to have . It comes with it's own problems . Most should know what those problems are .

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Guest José Mourinho

Yep , I've adjusted my expectations . That doesn't mean I have to be happy about it .

So are you saying we should go around saying - "We'll win 3 games this year , party time !"

Not at all.

When have I ever said I'm happy about our predicament?

I just don't see the point of all the doom & gloom.

Take interest, make an effort to understand where we're at and what we're doing, and do what you can to support the club, and aid the transition from bottom-feeder to contender.

That's my view.

That is what the current agreement gives us wyl.

What you ask for is illegal under the current agreement.

18th side Melbourne can only reduce total payments to 95% of the cap.

If I was Sylvia or Davey I would be smiling too. If fact I would be laughing

Exactly Davey is paid more than Pendlebury. It seems like ever since we gave him a 4 year contract on big money he has underperformed

Exactly Davey is paid more than Pendlebury. It seems like ever since we gave him a 4 year contract on big money he has underperformed

Human Nature. It makes the coaching job that much harder. Craig will help with this. The players have got to want to change.

Not at all.

When have I ever said I'm happy about our predicament?

I just don't see the point of all the doom & gloom.

Take interest, make an effort to understand where we're at and what we're doing, and do what you can to support the club

Another point of difference - I don't see what I'm saying as doom and gloom . I offer a solution to fix the way we're playing . It's just an opinion , I never will have any say in things . Things can change fairly quickly in footy as you well know and I'd rather look adversity in the eye . Neeld would lose no face in my eyes if he adopts a more attacking game plan . As you may have gathered , I detest a boundary hugging style of play . So far , that's about all we've seen .

As for support , I am supporting but obviously , just like anyone else , I have the right to question anything . That's why we have conversations and forums . It'd be a dull old world if we all agreed with each other .

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

On Friday night three of our worst performing players were also our most experienced and highest paid.

Neeld knockers just can't or won't accept what's going on here ... it's nothing less than the battle for the soul of a football club.

Any victories in wins, strategy, stats and whatever other metrics you want to hang your hat on come a distant second to the gutting of our cancerous me-first culture.

You know what? The bleating of fearful status-quo merchants doesn't matter at this point. The Neeld Revolution is going ahead full throttle and he 'aint looking back.

You will all be lauding this guy as the Savior in 18 months time.

So what's the issue?

A lot of us are poor judges, and at that stage you managed to judge it correctly?

Why then do you demand better if it's exactly what you expected?

I analysed as best I could to make that call. If I could do that, then those closer to the action should have seen it better and adjusted their plans accordingly - that's called coaching - it's not guesswork!

On Friday night three of our worst performing players were also our most experienced and highest paid.

Neeld knockers just can't or won't accept what's going on here ... it's nothing less than the battle for the soul of a football club.

Any victories in wins, strategy, stats and whatever other metrics you want to hang your hat on come a distant second to the gutting of our cancerous me-first culture.

You know what? The bleating of fearful status-quo merchants doesn't matter at this point. The Neeld Revolution is going ahead full throttle and he 'aint looking back.

Somehow I doubt it RR!

Just before the Hawks game, did you see the clip on Fox showing primary school teacher Neeld talking to the players? Not a professional sight!

Somehow I doubt it RR!

Just before the Hawks game, did you see the clip on Fox showing primary school teacher Neeld talking to the players? Not a professional sight!

Plenty of earned criticism to go around.

No need to make long bows like this...

We have gone over it and over it.

And we won't have answers for a while.

Just the way it is.

Happy to let it go rpfc, but let me clarify the comments:

'You will all be lauding this guy as the Savior in 18 months time.' This was RR's comment, not mine - a quirk of the quote system I think.

'Somehow I doubt it RR!

Just before the Hawks game, did you see the clip on Fox showing primary school teacher Neeld talking to the players? Not a professional sight!'

This was my comment.

Really? I reckon there's a clear preference from Neeld for the players to go down the line, take safer options, etc.

I think that there is a focus on defensive intent both with the ball and without, but Neeld is not about to throw out Footy 101, which is spread the footy, get it out the back and run forward and into space.

The players are not willing to do the daring run and carry, and they are more interested in 'see ball, get ball' even when their teammates are a chance to get it themsleves.

So while I agree that the defensive mindset is a focus - the players will be told to run and be creative and spread and carry the footy.

They just aren't doing it, as I said - for a variety of reasons.