Season Prediction

mrtwister

Dee's ladder placing 2012  

232 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Richmond are crap- we will not lose to the tigers -your are on acid if you think we cant beat them and their "awesome" midfield .

I did say I agree with all BUT the last para in its entirety. It was the Richmond reference that particularly got my response.

Thanks Biff

Does the "P" in P-Man stand for Pessimism? ;-) I think our midfield will do a lot better than we give them credit for.

haha..I'd like to think it stands for "Pragmatic" but Pessimism is probably closer to the mark.

Richmond are crap- we will not lose to the tigers -your are on acid if you think we cant beat them and their "awesome" midfield .

I think all things being equal we are better than them however I think we will struggle against them in Round 3 due to the following factors;

No Sylvia

No Jurrah

Martin, Cotchin & Deledio

I don't think they'll thrash us and if Chip can hold Riewoldt again (which he has a habit of doing) we may win, but my early prediction is they'll do us in this game. The return match is anybody's guess but I think it will be closer than many here think.

Cotchin and Deledio are over rated .Martin can play but they are strugglers .We will whip them .

I hope so, guess we'll just have to wait and see. Don't think those two are over-rated though, wish we had scored Cotchin from the 2007 draft instead of Morton. Deledio is hitting his prime and won the Tiges a few games last year. He is quick, has skill and can kick goals from outside 50. Would slot straight into any side in the comp.

I'm slowly coming to terms with the club facing another rebuilding period, as farcical as that may seem. We just don't appear to have the cattle at the moment, particularly in the midfield where games are won and lost.

9-10th is an absolute best case for me, but I'm seeing us finish about 15th by season's end, above GWS and the QLDers. I'll be praying that I'm wrong.

What are you guys on, you & Ron?

We still on the same rebuild we've been on. It doesn't stop after one year and start afresh.

We are still in that rebiuld, the List is largely 'built',, but now must have structure 'Built into it' (taught) the gamestyle, and muscle build, to be able to play the contested ball game.

So to my mind, we haven't deviated from this 'rebuild', that we've been on.

We are just into a different phase of the development.

I have us at 12-14 wins after 21 rounds .

I realise this is optomistic but with a greater emphasis on defending our goals ,greater fitness base ,and increased application ,this is not unrealistic .

In my calculations I expect us to beat Richmond ,St Kilda and Bulldogs.

I dont expect us to beat Sydney away or Eagles away .

I expect Essendon to be close to us this year and I hope we can finally pump Norf .

I expect we will lose to Filth ,Dorks ,Blues and Cats but I do not expect any other defeats as a matter of course .

10th but we will consider the season a success.

It's a tough start to the year and I think we'll be on only 2 or 3 wins but come home with a wet sail leaving our run just a touch too late. However there will be enormous optimism for the next year.

MVP: Brent Moloney

Best Recruit: Mitch Clark

Rising Stars: James Strauss and Luke Tapscott

Biggest surprise: Gysberts delisted at year's end

• 2 months later...

Looks like I got the brown acid Biff. It's a despairing trip but reality is sometimes a downer.

Good diagnosis of my optomism issues there Doc.

Neelds bus is very different to that of Ken Kesey and co .

Maybe you were on acid and it provided you with the predictive insight required to see that the Tigers are on track to finish ninth.

Or maybe I made that comment before everything turned to sh!t as it so often does .

Either way-I promise to drop acid tomorrow if we win.

• Like 1

I have us at 12-14 wins after 21 rounds .

I realise this is optomistic but with a greater emphasis on defending our goals ,greater fitness base ,and increased application ,this is not unrealistic .

In my calculations I expect us to beat Richmond ,St Kilda and Bulldogs.

I dont expect us to beat Sydney away or Eagles away .

I expect Essendon to be close to us this year and I hope we can finally pump Norf .

I expect we will lose to Filth ,Dorks ,Blues and Cats but I do not expect any other defeats as a matter of course .

That was me when i was young-I have a lot more grey hair now and have aged 10 years. The season has been such that when I tell my 3 year old we are going to watch Melbourne play on TV he requests "Don't swear too much Dad OK?"
  • Like 3

Cotchin and Deledio are over rated .Martin can play but they are strugglers .We will whip them .

BUMP! I'd take that back if I was you........LOL!

• 1 month later...

BUMP! I'd take that back if I was you........LOL!

I wish I could take that back-and I now have no hair.

i have us with 3 wins to half way and 6 on the way home - we will be so smashed for confidence and form that we will turn our apparently good run home into a dodgy one.

That is a fairly pessimistic prediction Benno .Rough weekend?

Optimistic as it turns out :(

• Like 1

Razor blades, warm bath , pills , Leonard Cohen , Demons........

I just voted 16th and may want to review that down

My God RobbieF you are going to be very close.

I voted 14th and I thought I had you covered.

You are obviously a very wise man.

I will take more notice in the future