Mark Neeld on SEN

demonoid

It was a great interview, I thought.

They spoke about Aaron and he said that he knew exactly what was expected from him this year and what his role will be.

Spoke about the facilities at AAMI and said they were top notch.

Nominated Bater as a supercoach smokey. There is something he loves about him.

Also Tom Mac will get games this year.

I called in and asked him about a bloke he worked with at Collingwood who developed world class software to analyse stoppages. This software is now being looked at by NBA clubs and more. I know this bloke is engaged to one of the back office girls at MFC. I think he was a suprised by the question and suggested that perhaps I was in someway related to the guy. Perhaps, many times removed. I hope he can try employ some similar program or get the guy himself.

All in all I thought it was a good interview.

I heard that question and he seemed bewildered by it - i.e. from left field.

The biggest thing I took out of the interview was the question regarding the selection of the LG/Captaincy.

Neeld said he interviewed each player one-on-one and asked a simple question: -

"Who in your opinion is seen as the one that leads (one particular player that you follow, that takes the lead)?"

The leadership group came to fruition by the players' input. It wasn't just Neeld - the players had a big say and when it came to the selection of captain they couldn't split Trengove and Grimes. Couldn't be happier with the outcome and did say that on arrival that he didn't initially think the current group and captains wouldn't be what it is today. From the outset it was a clean slate and over pre-season the ones that are in the group have been the one's who have led throughout in his time at the club.

Anyone who figured Neeld got it wrong with the LG and the non-inclusion of past LG/VC's, C's, you're blaming the players. Because they're the ones who had alot of input for the current LG. They're the ones who are seen as leaders from the playing list point of view. That's the inner sanctum speaking !

I heard that question and he seemed bewildered by it - i.e. from left field.

The biggest thing I took out of the interview was the question regarding the selection of the LG/Captaincy.

Neeld said he interviewed each player one-on-one and asked a simple question: -

"Who in your opinion is seen as the one that leads (one particular player that you follow, that takes the lead)?"

The leadership group came to fruition by the players' input. It wasn't just Neeld - the players had a big say and when it came to the selection of captain they couldn't split Trengove and Grimes. Couldn't be happier with the outcome and did say that on arrival that he didn't initially think the current group and captains wouldn't be what it is today. From the outset it was a clean slate and over pre-season the ones that are in the group have been the one's who have led throughout in his time at the club.

Anyone who figured Neeld got it wrong with the LG and the non-inclusion of past LG/VC's, C's, you're blaming the players. Because they're the ones who had alot of input for the current LG. They're the ones who are seen as leaders from the playing list point of view. That's the inner sanctum speaking !

I thought it might have been a bit of a curve ball. Maybe his suprise is from the fact that they are working on getting him over and he was thinking how the heck does this bloke know. I reckon i am giving myself a little too much credit here but who knows.

• Like 1

I thought it might have been a bit of a curve ball. Maybe his suprise is from the fact that they are working on getting him over and he was thinking how the heck does this bloke know. I reckon i am giving myself a little too much credit here but who knows.

he answered it like a politician... avoided the question entirely....curious .. Neeld 's no nong !!

The most pleasing thing i took from the interview was that Mark is confident. He has 2 mentors Craig and Malthouse he can bounce off when needed.

The game plan will change at times when needed.

The other point is that Andy Maher is such a [censored], and Tim Watson does not want people to remember he was a coach!

• Like 1

I heard the interview also.

Was anyone else left a little concerned when he was asked about the game plan for this year.

I started to get worried when he mentioned he planned to leave it upto the players to make good decisions.

If this is true it could be another long year ahead.

It made me think back to some games last year especially against west coast in Perth where they made absolute terrible decisions.

I can only hope he answered the question in this way because he didn't want to give too much info away.

I heard the interview also.

Was anyone else left a little concerned when he was asked about the game plan for this year.

I started to get worried when he mentioned he planned to leave it upto the players to make good decisions.

If this is true it could be another long year ahead.

It made me think back to some games last year especially against west coast in Perth where they made absolute terrible decisions.

I can only hope he answered the question in this way because he didn't want to give too much info away.

Pato if he was telling the public what our plan was I'd seriously be questioning who we just hired. Not information supporters no matter how die hard will know because simply it's meant to be the reason we'll beat oppositions and telling them in pre season would be absolutely idiotic.

Pato if he was telling the public what our plan was I'd seriously be questioning who we just hired. Not information supporters no matter how die hard will know because simply it's meant to be the reason we'll beat oppositions and telling them in pre season would be absolutely idiotic.

Yeah totally agree. Look forward to seeing a new style.