Tom Scully

Trengove:

"Trengove said Scully's future was not generally a topic of discussion around the club, with his teammates going by his statement earlier in the season that he wouldn't negotiate a contract until the year is done."

Why in the world would the players think like this? Disgrace to the club they all must be.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep., pretty much.. Theres nothing to be drawn from Trengoves lack of knowledge regarding Scully's intention.

Some players ..especially those whove known each other for yonks might have such a relationship whereby they entrust each other with certain viewpoints and info. But I sense Scully tells no-one anything.

Hed probably have his suspicions but that would be it.

My point was that I don't think it bothers the playing group at all... this debunks the idea that many here are putting over as some kind of fact; that the playing group are being badly affected by the whole Scully business.

My point was that I don't think it bothers the playing group at all... this debunks the idea that many here are putting over as some kind of fact; that the playing group are being badly affected by the whole Scully business.

I saw your point, ht.

I am far more concerned with the 'distraction' of having weak-minded senior players than the 'distraction' of Tom's contract.

This is just another bloody excuse for poor performance.

And I will absolutley [censored]-slap (with words) anyone that blames a loss to the Hawks on Tom's contract situation...

As such i think the Scully thing is of its own. There may have been some eyes casting sideways to ponder what was actually offered by the club, perfectly normal.

To be honest I dont put a lot of weight into anything written by any particular player thats on a subject like this thats been published on the Melbourne ( or any teams) site.

You or I could pretty well write was is offered up...its all a variation of the one week at a time standard dross.

Its a nothingness...fluff

I am far more concerned with the 'distraction' of having weak-minded senior players than the 'distraction' of Tom's contract.

And I will absolutley [censored]-slap (with words) anyone that blames a loss to the Hawks on Tom's contract situation...

Id take seconds on that actually.

Guest 36DD

I saw your point, ht.

Is it ok if we blame the second rate facilities at the Junction Oval??? :rolleyes:

Regardless of whether Tom stays or goes, this article is almost defaming the MFC. As a member i find it downright offensive.

I hope the legal representatives of the club are fully checking this one out.

Mr Jay Clark...i think you have gone too far....If in fact Tom has major rifts...the offer has been made.

JT on Tom....

What do you make of this Mr. Jay Clark (& Mike Sheahan for that Matter)

I just had a quick flick through the Hun today over a late lunch....The MFC should be absolutely furious about all these allegations!

Does the AFL pay the HUN football sports dept.?? Sure looks that way.

And another article from the tabloid by an idiot called Jay Clark (I think he reads bigfooty too much)

Rift with Dees top brass may force Tom Scully to take the money and run

Quoting from the article it says - "Scully's father, Phil, has links with Sydney, having worked in talent identification for the Swans in recent years."

What would happen if it transpires that young Tom skips to GWS and the father gets a gig in talent identification for the Giants?

Just throwing it up for discussion.

Quoting from the article it says - "Scully's father, Phil, has links with Sydney, having worked in talent identification for the Swans in recent years."

What would happen if it transpires that young Tom skips to GWS and the father gets a gig in talent identification for the Giants?

youre not alone in raising an eyebrow at all that. Wasnt thinking so much of a job for Dad ( but hey ) as much as Its not so foreign teritory up their for the family Scully. Not as much as many ( including myself ) would have originally thought.

Its a curiosity isnt it :rolleyes:

not a completely silly thought - maybe the other way around though - Senior gets a job - makes it easy for Junior.

Who is our development officer - ohhh thats right - Todd Viney.

That would be clever football

This is sure to disappoint a few people on here who are certain this whole saga is affecting the playing group.

Extract from same article

Trengrove speaking

I'm just worried about playing with him as long as I can for my career and hopefully he is at Melbourne.

Dissapoint Nope, there is no way that this is not affecting the players in some way shape or form the same as the discussions around Bailey wether he goes or stays

As to the extent of that concern that is debatable, but with football being as proffessional as it is nowdays, players cannot and should not have to deal with such a distraction

It is a irritant more then anything else and as far as I am concerned Im over it

Scully either stay or move on, the choice is your's so make it instead of continuing to play games with, will I or wont I if he truly cares about the club!!!!

In fact Brad was just on the radio saying they all hope he stays regardless of whats being said !

What I find strange is that his management advise him to put contract talks on hold until the end of the season so as to see what he's worth then and to not distract him from footy, yet they go to GWS during the year and request them to make an offer. This is hypocrisy at its finest.

Whether or not Melbourne did the wrong thing by putting in an offer before the end of the year, it does not justify going to GWS and asking for a contract offer. You just say to Melbourne thanks for the offer but as we've previously said we will wait until the end of the year.

Seeking an offer from GWS is only going to increase speculation and it makes a mockery of prior comments that contract talks will be put on hold until the end of the season.

And in relation to the two first round picks, as others have mentioned picks 12 and 18 (for example) are not the same as pick 1.

We need stars on our list and the best way to get stars is with the top 3, 4, 5 picks in the draft. I'm not interested in replacing Scully (if he goes) with two good players. We have a potential star in Scully and if we lose him we must replace him with a star.

I am sick and tired of the press slagging our football club! Mike Sheahan you are nothing more than a hack.

I hope the club will stand strong and let it be known that it will not stand for any more dribble and ask Tom if you want to stay then good and if you want to leave than leave.

and Daisy Thomas hasnt

And over the years Davey and Green have had protracted negotiations and Frawleys contract was done with no fanfare at all...

This goes to prove ....ummm..some negotiations are easier than others.

This goes to prove that Frawley's committed to a cause.

This goes to prove that Frawley's committed to a cause.

and because Green held out and there was a Collingwood offer on the table proves that he isnt - ohh wait - he's our captain.......

A number of posts have been deleted because they questioned Tom's honesty which is in direct contravention of Demonland's wishes.

This topic is off limits at the request of the owner of the site. Second offenses will result in posters being suspended.

Does Tom own this site :P

Scully is as good as gone! He would of signed Melbourne`s offer instantly if GWS wasn`t around next season!! Read between the lines ppl.. Tom Scully would of said something more clearly if he was staying. Gary ablett part 2..

and because Green held out and there was a Collingwood offer on the table proves that he isnt - ohh wait - he's our captain.......

you see this is where it gets interestiing.. Green Held out to better his offer..yes...no doubt..Then he signed.

Tom is holding out for ???? The offers are on the table.. So whats he holding out for exactly ?

Anyone else pickup on the faux pas.. Its been said all along that Master Scully wasnt worried to know of the details of offers to date just yet as it would all be considered at seasons end. yet apparently hes not happy with some clauses.!!!! Hey..im not making it up

Guest The Tweed Pig

I'm surprised that some supporters think that this isn't an unwanted distraction to the footy club and that the only people affected are the supporters. Of course when a player is running to the next contest they're not thinking of the Scully saga, but anyone who's followed footy for a long time knows that unwanted off-field issues can have a negative impact on the club and on occasions the playing group. All situations are different and I'm in no way equating what happened at St. Kilda during the off season with what's happening with Scully, but even the Saints now admit that it affected their early season form even though they initially said it wouldn't. I think I need to repeat that this is just an example of losing focus when the footy world and media constantly speculate on a single issue.

Every player on the list would be sick of being asked about Scully. Trengove has to do another interview today defending Scully's character. The fact that many supporters discuss little else means that it's affecting footy admin. They have to discuss strategies and field constant enquiries. In other words, if it's a massive topic for supporters it impacts the club.

I'm not suggesting that it's having a major impact, but I doubt that there's anyone involved with the club that isn't looking forward to the moment it's resolved.

Edited by The Tweed Pig

you see this is where it gets interestiing.. Green Held out to better his offer..yes...no doubt..Then he signed.

Tom is holding out for ???? The offers are on the table.. So whats he holding out for exactly ?

Anyone else pickup on the faux pas.. Its been said all along that Master Scully wasnt worried to know of the details of offers to date just yet as it would all be considered at seasons end. yet apparently hes not happy with some clauses.!!!! Hey..im not making it up

A few things

APPARENTLY he's not happy with clauses (not factually)

And SCULLY'S CAMP - could be management - it doesn't state "Tom Scully is unhappy with some of the clauses)

Furthermore, he knows the details of the Melbourne offer, it was the GWS offer he didn't want to know about until seasons end

Two points to address

Taking the Green parallel to its logical end - You can now ease off on Tom until well after seasons end as Green also had offers on the table prior to seasons end and did not sign until after the season over.

Point two - point me to where Tom has said he is unhappy with clauses in the contract. This is where so many posters are confused - you are interpreting what is being reported as being out of the mouth of Tom or his management. The report says the Scully camp says are unhappy with things at MFC - Blucher says Tom is happy with MFC. So are telling me that Tom is unhappy ?

Two points to address

Taking the Green parallel to its logical end - You can now ease off on Tom until well after seasons end as Green also had offers on the table prior to seasons end and did not sign until after the season over.

Green...was waiting til teh best offer from Melbourne came.. not the first one.. Sorry not same at all. Melbournes offfer for Scully is as is..what ever it is. . If he wants to continue at Melbourne he could obviosuly sign now.

Point two - point me to where Tom has said he is unhappy with clauses in the contract. This is where so many posters are confused - you are interpreting what is being reported as being out of the mouth of Tom or his management. The report says the Scully camp says are unhappy with things at MFC - Blucher says Tom is happy with MFC. So are telling me that Tom is unhappy ?

rift,...blah blah

quote:

"THE Scully camp is at odds with the Demons over the clauses in the club's latest contract offer."

hardly ambiguous

Green...was waiting til teh best offer from Melbourne came.. not the first one.. Sorry not same at all. Melbournes offfer for Scully is as is..what ever it is. . If he wants to continue at Melbourne he could obviosuly sign now.

rift,...blah blah

quote:

"THE Scully camp is at odds with the Demons over the clauses in the club's latest contract offer."

hardly ambiguous

You said TOM is unhappy with the clauses, trying to imply he supposedly didn't know of the contract conditions

It states SCULLY CAMP, not Tom Scully himself