• Podcast: Jason Taylor   

• Podcast: Jason Taylor   

I had to take out my internal stairs to give me more living space upstairs and I'm using the stairs as my downstairs bar. See if you can find an 'L' shaped already removed timber staircase and chuck it on a base of brinks and you've got yourself an instant bar! I'm having a crack at a pizza oven now. In Queensland we can eat outside during winter.

thats not a bad idea that.... mind you i have absolutely no idea how.

I wish I had two garage's.

Hello Redleg.

yep, lucky man i am. the people i bought the house from used it as a kids room.

• Replies 26.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redleg

• old dee

• Bitter but optimistic

• daisycutter

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am a proud man, having started the greatest thread ever on Demonland. Over 20000 posts across 800 pages and over 360000 views. We are on our way to 1000 pages and 500000 views and 30000 posts a

Uh oh, I believe BBO came home via New York. This might explain the purpose of his trip to Indo...

Posted Images

anyone know how to build a timber bar for my spare garage so i can sit there drink beer and watch tv?

Step 1: Construct Side Frames

Each of the two side panels is constructed from two long and two short boards. Use a circular saw to cut four 2" x 4" boards to lengths of 42". Next, cut four 2" x 4" boards to lengths of 15". Place the shorter boards inside the longer ones to form a rectangular frame. Secure the boards with nails.

Step 2: Construct Front Frame

Use a circular saw to cut two 2" x 4" boards to lengths of 42". Next, cut two 2" x 4" boards to lengths of 84". Place the shorter boards inside the longer ones to form a rectangular frame. Secure the boards with nails.

Step 3: Cut Front and Side Panels

Use a table saw to cut two pieces of MDF to fit over the side panels. Next, cut one piece of MDF to fit over the front panel. Apply glue to the edges of the front and side MDF panels and fasten to the frames with nails.

Step 4: Assemble Bar

The side panels connect to the front panel via two 4" x 4" posts. Cut two 4" x 4" posts to lengths of 42". Position one side panel and the front panel at a 45-degree angle with one post at the intersection. Toenail the pieces together to form one bar corner. Repeat with remaining corner.

Step 5: Construct Bartop

Cut a piece of MDF to dimensions slightly larger than the bar to allow for overhang. In this project that would be 21" x 86". Apply glue to the underside of the MDF bartop and fasten to the front and side panels with nails.

Step 6: Complete Project

Paint or stain the wood as desired to give the bar a finished look.

Finally put picture of Melbourne team on the bar or hanging over it and clutter room with other Melbourne memorabilia.

Glad to be of help. Next!

Edited by Redleg

In that case, I think I will make my first appearance at Casey for 2011. See you there Fan and Redleg.

Looking forward to it. Could you organize outside heaters please.

I heard it sucks.

(Sigh) Delete this too...

Since I think you have learned the error of your ways and you are generally so positive in your posting, you have been awarded the Redleg daily exemption pass, which allows for posting on this thread. Congratulations, keep up the good work.

Each of the two side panels is constructed from two long and two short boards. Use a circular saw to cut four 2" x 4" boards to lengths of 42". Next, cut four 2" x 4" boards to lengths of 15". Place the shorter boards inside the longer ones to form a rectangular frame. Secure the boards with nails.

Use a circular saw to cut two 2" x 4" boards to lengths of 42". Next, cut two 2" x 4" boards to lengths of 84". Place the shorter boards inside the longer ones to form a rectangular frame. Secure the boards with nails.

Use a table saw to cut two pieces of MDF to fit over the side panels. Next, cut one piece of MDF to fit over the front panel. Apply glue to the edges of the front and side MDF panels and fasten to the frames with nails.

The side panels connect to the front panel via two 4" x 4" posts. Cut two 4" x 4" posts to lengths of 42". Position one side panel and the front panel at a 45-degree angle with one post at the intersection. Toenail the pieces together to form one bar corner. Repeat with remaining corner.

Cut a piece of MDF to dimensions slightly larger than the bar to allow for overhang. In this project that would be 21" x 86". Apply glue to the underside of the MDF bartop and fasten to the front and side panels with nails.

Finally put picture of Melbourne team on the bar or hanging over it and clutter room with other Melbourne memorabilia.

holy crap!

my bar should be an L shape - about 2m for the bottom of the L and probably about 3 for the long part of the L - im yet to measure - and itll be on a concrete floor. ill also need a bit of a shelf on the "inside" of the bar but that should be easy enough with some brackets...

how would i make sure the thing didnt fall over? should i use some glue on the concrete floor or something? haha yeah i really have no idea what im doing...

Since I think you have learned the error of your ways and you are generally so positive in your posting, you have been awarded the Redleg daily exemption pass, which allows for posting on this thread. Congratulations, keep up the good work.

Yay!

I can't make it Sunday but the outdoor heaters are around the $300 mark at Bunnings.

So you might want to do the old "it doesn't work so can I please I have my money back" trick on Monday.

Store credit?

That's a hell of alot of light bulbs...

Edited by rpfc

This is...wow.

I hope this is a cut and paste job.

That's impressive.

holy crap!

my bar should be an L shape - about 2m for the bottom of the L and probably about 3 for the long part of the L - im yet to measure - and itll be on a concrete floor. ill also need a bit of a shelf on the "inside" of the bar but that should be easy enough with some brackets...

how would i make sure the thing didnt fall over? should i use some glue on the concrete floor or something? haha yeah i really have no idea what im doing...

A good solution to make sure the bar doesn't fall over is to have two people leaning on it from opposite sides. Preferably they should be of similar weight.

I just had a terrible coffee and it cost me $4.30.

Also, this thread is by far the most interesting thing I've read today.

Yes, but you have to drink 4X and watch bloody rugby on the TV.

Little Creatures all the way for me and I'm proud to say I was the only Queenslander (after 22 years I'm now comfortable saying that) not to watch the origin decider on Wednesday night! I'm a bit disappointed you didn't throw our lack of daylight savings in my face. I have no response to that!

$4.30 - that's highway robbery, especially for a terrible one. Was that a tall or regular ?

$3.40 gives me the heart starter (*cough*) I need. Lavazza. If anyone can better that I'm reading (as opposed to listening).

Disclaimer - Excessive caffiene intake is not recommended.

Where I am in Tom Price in WA paying $4.30 for a coffee would make my day, Just went into town to get some lunch and a mocha coffee (hot) chips and gravy and a cream roll $24. Got to love small mining towns lol

You got ripped off twice then, the price and the taste.

I think "Lookout Mama, Theres a white boat comin up the river!" is the best opening line of any song.