The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

15 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Luci, your post is underlined by a number of assumptions - none  of which is complimentary to my good self.

Nonetheless , my companion was defrocked Demonlander Biffen, a noted abuser of drugs and alcohol. So attempting to hide the bottle would most certainly have ended in a violent altercation.

As to the polystyrene cup - I have no recollection - but, be assured, it was not used for any form of libation.

au contraire, I suspect your suit of armour is impenetrable! 🙂

But really, coffee served in polystyrene cups inside a cafe😮.  OMG, right there a line was crossed by the establishment.

At least they served the red wine in a glass; a stemmed glass at that!  Some standards must be maintained! 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

au contraire, I suspect your suit of armour is impenetrable! 🙂

But really, coffee served in polystyrene cups inside a cafe😮.  OMG, right there a line was crossed by the establishment.

At least they served the red wine in a glass; a stemmed glass at that!  Some standards must be maintained! 

uncle has been known to often bypass a vessel between bottle and mouth. quite the ogre. 😮

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Isn't a touch of green beauty in an otherwise bland urban moonscape enough?

Defrocked !!!! FFS

Find an online dictionary.

I didn't know Biffen was frocked.

There's green beauty in the local fruit shop. Eat you greens.

You want ME to find an online dictionary so you can get me to tell you what egregious means. Lazy so and so.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, daisycutter said:

it's the culture the green want to impose on everyone

bit like pol pot

Where can I find a pot of pols? Or do you mean Poles? Let me tell ya, stay away from Poles: one of them told me once: People think there are two ways of doing things: the right way, or the wrong way. There is a third way: the Polish way...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, Monbon said:

Where can I find a pot of pols? Or do you mean Poles? Let me tell ya, stay away from Poles: one of them told me once: People think there are two ways of doing things: the right way, or the wrong way. There is a third way: the Polish way...

you would have had a fight on your hands if a certain poster was still posting....lol

13 hours ago, daisycutter said:

it's the culture the green want to impose on everyone

bit like pol pot

No no no, silly, you're thinking the Legalise Cannabis Party.

10 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Dreams are fascinating when they’re not in our control which is what I don’t find appealing about lucid dreaming.

For mine, not remembering 90% of dreams is disappointing. 

Remembering dreams is surprisingly easy to train for. Keep a notebook by the bed. Before you settle to sleep, look at it, think about it, and even say out loud a few times 'I will write my dreams down in the morning'. Then in the morning even if you have only the vaguest fog of a few images, write those down.

In as little as a week you will be remembering dreams in astonishing detail. I did this as an exercise in a psychology course and by week three was remembering five dreams every morning with enough clarity to make notes on all of them.

The good news is that when you stop the habit you also stop remembering the dream. It's a pretty wild rabbit hole you might not want to stay down!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is going on here?

I can't understand any of it.

Uncle, please post and insult me, at least that is easy to comprehend.

BTW, any of you Dees fans going up to the GC to watch both the Dees and  Casey play?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

BTW, any of you Dees fans going up to the GC to watch both the Dees and  Casey play?

I am, Red. I’ll be there in plenty of time to set up for Casey. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, layzie said:

It's a bit scary 

4 hours ago, beelzebub said:

AI is VERY scary.

Some idiots think AI can be 'contained' 

Muwahahaha 

The AI bot (reporting back to self) after scanning DL...

"It's a bit scary"

"It is VERY scary.  Some idiots think AI can be contained.  Muhahaha"

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Monbon said:

Nooo! Poles are wonderful folk! You just need to be patient since they sometimes take a while to warm to you. My son lives in Poland and in 2020 Covid turned my 3-week visit into eight months. I eventually won the good folk of Warsaw over. By attrition. I wore the poor buggers down. 😁

It also helps to learn the basics of the Polish language. I learned this the hard way: I unwittingly accepted a marriage proposal, and if not for my son’s fiancé overhearing and quickly stepping in, I’d be a staruszka cooking pierogi for her ancient old husband right now instead of being in the No T$ thread, where I belong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I am, Red. I’ll be there in plenty of time to set up for Casey. 

I’ll keep an eye out for you, first on the AFL site for Casey and then Fox Footy for the Seniors.

I hear the Broadbeach Woolies has a special on past used by date, wine casks. It might be a nice gesture to get some for Uncle Bitter. I am sure he would appreciate it.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Nooo! Poles are wonderful folk! You just need to be patient since they sometimes take a while to warm to you. My son lives in Poland and in 2020 Covid turned my 3-week visit into eight months. I eventually won the good folk of Warsaw over. By attrition. I wore the poor buggers down. 😁

It also helps to learn the basics of the Polish language. I learned this the hard way: I unwittingly accepted a marriage proposal, and if not for my son’s fiancé overhearing and quickly stepping in, I’d be a staruszka cooking pierogi for her ancient old husband right now instead of being in the No T$ thread, where I belong. 

I am half Polish, as my late dad was born there.

• Love 2

Just now, Redleg said:

I’ll keep an eye out for you, first on the AFL site for Casey and then Fox Footy for the Seniors.

Smacks of stalker-ish behaviour but ok.

Kidding. I’ll be in the front row probs on floggers. That’s for the main game. Likewise for Casey, I think. There won’t be as many of us, being that not everyone can attend every interstate match.

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

I am half Polish, as my late dad was born there.

I knew I liked you, Red. I love everything about Poland. I’d live there if it wasn’t for the Dees. Oh and my other two sons, of course. 🙃

2 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

even through a polish winter?

Yeah nah, clearly haven’t thought that through too well, have I? 😜

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I hear the Broadbeach Woolies has a special on past used by date, wine casks. It might be a nice gesture to get some for Uncle Bitter. I am sure he would appreciate it.

Sounds like you're suggesting that WCW is of a certain age (eg: "Seniors"), past her use by date & a lush.
Wow - that's harsh  🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Checker Mate said:

Sounds like you're suggesting that WCW is of a certain age (eg: "Seniors"), past her use by date & a lush.
Wow - that's harsh  🤣

To be fair… he’s not entirely wrong. About the lush bit anyways. I blame Demonland; before joining I never drank at all. Joining the Demon Army has compounded this, but DL is where I initially crossed to the dark side. 😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Checker Mate said:

Wow - that's harsh  🤣

Checker, read it again and you will see I was asking WCW to get wine casks for BBO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Germans have a saying about Polish Housekeeping. It ain't complimentary. Anyway, what's wrong with pierogi and Barscht and Bigos? I cook it regularly for my Polish wife...

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Checker, read it again and you will see I was asking WCW to get wine casks for BBO.

Why on god’s green earth would I do anything for someone who regards me with nothing but contempt?????

• Like 1