Tonight

After watching tonight this is what i have decided

Watts will be a gun

Melbourne must trade Morton, Scully (hes gone anyway), Bennell, Warnock, Petterd for draft picks

I will not follow the dees should we not trade these players. THEY offer nothing (bar Scully)

Watts will be a gun

Melbourne must trade Morton, Scully (hes gone anyway), Bennell, Warnock, Petterd for draft picks

I will not follow the dees should we not trade these players. THEY offer nothing (bar Scully)

Petterd? WHAT?

Watts will be a gun

Don't think you will be following the Dees for much longer then. To suggest we would trade Scully is just ridiculous and Petterd was almost our best tonight, do not know what you are thinking..

Guest 36DD

Watts will be a gun

Did you watch the game??? Petterd definitely one of our best if not BOG, brought some intensity to the game at least.

Warnock didn't play, may have been handy on Hall actually, would have freed up Frawley to "run and carry".

Bennell will be dropped, simply doesn't do enough.

Scully was well below his best tonight, struggled with a tag, though got no assistance from his teammates. They should have belted the crap out of Picken.

Take a deep breath and maybe watch the replay a couple of times before sprouting crap like that.

Edited by 36DD

Pretty sure its meant to be a shallow draft this year, and our first pick will be something in the mid to high teens... if not 20+. Dont see why you're so keen to trade for picks. We have the cattle, they just need to develop more.

They should have belted the crap out of Picken.

Amen. That was one of the worst things I saw tonight - Scully constantly getting pushed off the ball, and with no support from his team mates at all to break the tag. I think once I saw Moloney knock Picken away. I'd say this performance wouldn't say much to Tom about the culture of the playing group.

To say Ricky P should be traded is not right. Putting his showboat mark aside, he was one of the guys who never gave up. Tonight was a lesson that we play well, in fact very well, when we are allowed to. But tonight we came up against a side who were considered real contenders at the start of the season, who fell into hard times, but are now "recovering". They toweled us like the Maggies did.

More they gave us a lesson, with their close checking and focus on a couple of our better ball movers such as Scully and Moloney.

Out: Bennel and maybe Morton

In: Garland and Tapscott(if fit - but a week at Casey might be better)

Guest 36DD

Amen. That was one of the worst things I saw tonight - Scully constantly getting pushed off the ball, and with no support from his team mates at all to break the tag. I think once I saw Moloney knock Picken away. I'd say this performance wouldn't say much to Tom about the culture of the playing group.

Really disappointing, not much of a team yet, too many youngsters trying to maintain their spot and get a game, therefore they only focus on their immediate tasks. Compounding that fact is the lack of leadership from older players that do not recognise situations like this. Beamer and Sylvia should really have worked Picken over, Green simply doesn't have this in him.

Really disappointing, not much of a team yet, too many youngsters trying to maintain their spot and get a game, therefore they only focus on their immediate tasks. Compounding that fact is the lack of leadership from older players that do not recognise situations like this. Beamer and Sylvia should really have worked Picken over, Green simply doesn't have this in him.

Green is useless as captain. Love the guy but not a captain. Not a leader whatsoever. Why isnt Beamer captain. Drop LJ, Morton, Bennell for the rest of the year.

Watts will be a gun

what a load of rubbish

Guest 36DD

Good call 36DD. Now throw in a new coach with some idea of structure, consistency and discipline, and we might get somewhere!

On cue...you really should have more than 73 posts...we've lost more than we have won recently...why do you only request a coaching change when we loose??? Surely if Bailey cant coach you would be able to identify issue with our "structure, consistency and discipline" when we actually win matches, or do we just get lucky???

good poste

Did you watch the game??? Petterd definitely one of our best if not BOG, brought some intensity to the game at least.

Warnock didn't play, may have been handy on Hall actually, would have freed up Frawley to "run and carry".

Bennell will be dropped, simply doesn't do enough.

Scully was well below his best tonight, struggled with a tag, though got no assistance from his teammates. They should have belted the crap out of Picken.

Take a deep breath and maybe watch the replay a couple of times before sprouting crap like that.

+1

Besides, Scully's staying... (but that's a long-winded blog not worth entering)

what a load of rubbish

Petterd was our Best player .Warnock didn't play .What game were you at 888?

Edited by Captain Jack Jordan

I think that was the most disappointing thing tonight, the lack of protection for Scully. I've seen it a lot this year, Moloney and Jones don't provide it for him.

It's very simple 36DD - take a look at the big picture. We structure up well, play natural instinctive football like good talented youngsters should, and we beat weaker teams. Overall, as we get more experience we will beat most teams, but not the top teams. That's where coaching really comes in - I make no secret that I never wanted our current coach (nothing personal) - most coaches have many attributes, a premiership coach has something more. As for commenting only when we lose, no-one wants to listen when we win even if it is only over teams we should easily beat. We need to get tough and face facts, otherwise we will experience yet another lost opportunity - I've seen enough over 60 years! (Hint: have a look at our forward structure over the last 3 weeks.)

After watching tonight this is what i have decidedWatts will be a gunMelbourne must trade Morton, Scully (hes gone anyway), Bennell, Warnock, Petterd for draft picksI will not follow the dees should we not trade these players. THEY offer nothing (bar Scully)

You are a goose mate. However you can come to this conclusion on Petterd is beyond me, and every other poster on this thread. He was one of only a couple players who can hold their heads up tonight, and laid an AFL record 13 tackles I50 last week. Watch the replay before you make dumb comments like that, cause you clearly can't have watched the game too well. Looks like we might lose a fair weather supporter next year. And be sure, we'll all be looking to see if you're here next year, cause I can assure you Petterd will be, and I'll be amazed if Bennell and Scully aren't.