Collingwood Supporters in Melbourne Reserved Seats

Flying Cloud

There was a guy a few rows in front of me, "a guest" who was a scum supporter and kept on jumping up everytime the scum got the ball. I asked him several times to sit down and he started having a dig back at me, along with the "member" who had invited him in. None of the behaviour was bad enough to text the anti-social hotline, but it ruined the day for me even before the umpires and the Dees had.

There have been plenty of other members who invite non-Melbourne supporters into the reserved seats - and they pretty much just sit and keep quiet - even today there were some.

I believe that having paid good money for a reserved seat that I should have the right not to be annoyed by supporters of other clubs.

So am I over-reacting, or should I report this guy to the Club?

Give me a spell, he can do whatever he likes! You're being precious!

You honestly expect someone to sit there and be on their best behaviour to keep our supporters happy?

Perhaps if our side wasn't complete rabble today it wouldn't have mattered so much.

....Or maybe his parole officer B) !!!

Give me a spell, he can do whatever he likes! You're being precious!

You honestly expect someone to sit there and be on their best behaviour to keep our supporters happy?

Perhaps if our side wasn't complete rabble today it wouldn't have mattered so much.

Actually the member has broken the conditions of membership - it is non-transferable. I would think that this guy taking money off Melbourne by not paying for his ticket might upset you if actually cared about the Dees.

And yes - if he is a guest in the Melbourne Reserved area he should behave appropriately. It is the Melbourne reserved seating area. If the member wants to sit with his mates - sit elsewhere or get an AFL membership.

Edited by Flying Cloud

If your talking about the area where I sit (level 2 southern stand) it happens a lot. There were actually a few filth supporters near me who were asked to leave by a ground official. This is more then fair enough in my opinion, I and I assume you pay more then $400 a year to sit in an exclusive Melbourne supporter area. If I wanted to sit amongst other club supporters then I'd just get a regular membership and save the money.

In the past when I have taken a friend with me who supports the opposition I've simply puchased a guest pass for them and taken a seat on leval 2A as anyone in the level 2 section can do with their guests.

In the future if there's opposition supporters seating in that area don't be affriad to tell an official I say.

There was a guy a few rows in front of me, "a guest" who was a scum supporter and kept on jumping up everytime the scum got the ball. I asked him several times to sit down and he started having a dig back at me, along with the "member" who had invited him in. None of the behaviour was bad enough to text the anti-social hotline, but it ruined the day for me even before the umpires and the Dees had.

There have been plenty of other members who invite non-Melbourne supporters into the reserved seats - and they pretty much just sit and keep quiet - even today there were some.

I believe that having paid good money for a reserved seat that I should have the right not to be annoyed by supporters of other clubs.

Take a cement tablet and harden up

Actually the member has broken the conditions of membership - it is non-transferable. I would think that this guy taking money off Melbourne by not paying for his ticket might upset you if actually cared about the Dees.

And yes - if he is a guest in the Melbourne Reserved area he should behave appropriately. It is the Melbourne reserved seating area. If the member wants to sit with his mates - sit elsewhere or get an AFL membership.

Behave appropriately? You said yourself he did nothing to warrant being thrown out so how is anything he did inappropriate?

Perhaps he should've been knitting scarves for his grand kids while sipping out of a cup and thermos..

Melbourne FC..the nanny club.

Don't tell me I don't care about the club either! I have 3 memberships on top of an MCC membership, I've paid my dues!

Perhaps you should worry more about what's going on on the field than what's happening in the seating areas! That's where the real problems with our club lie!

Edited by Beetle

Clearly someone else who doesn't care too much for the club.

Please don't be accusing anyone of that in here.

Behave appropriately? You said yourself he did nothing to warrant being thrown out so how is anything he did inappropriate?

Perhaps he should've been knitting scarves for his grand kids while sipping out of a cup and thermos..

Melbourne FC..the nanny club.

Don't tell me I don't care about the club either! I have 3 memberships on top of an MCC membership, I've paid my dues!

Perhaps you should worry more about what's going on on the field than what's happening in the seating areas! That's where the real problems with our club lie!

I am sorry - I bow to your clearly far more superior intellect and devotion to the club.

PS I don't knit, nor own a thermos, and the whole incident started because this guy kept on standing up in front of me when I was trying to watch the game. Hence why I got annoyed.

Edited by Flying Cloud

I don't knit, nor own a thermos, and the whole incident started because this guy kept onstanding up in front of me when I was trying to watch the game. Hence why I got annoyed.

I understand your frustration FC but would you have been equally annoyed if it was a Demon member continually blocking your view and being generally obnoxious?

Was pretty good in the Olympic apart from the 76-year-old woman who told me to [censored] off in the snow in the 3rd quarter. Was GA, too.

That couldn't have been completely unexpected Striker ;) ?!!!

You are over-reacting.

You're at the football, people support and support passionately regardless of the seating area they occupy. If i choose to bring a friend along to the football with me do i have to discriminate against them based upon how passionately they do or don't love their club? Absurd.

I am sorry - I bow to your clearly far more superior intellect and devotion to the club.

PS I don't knit, nor own a thermos, and the whole incident started because this guy kept onstanding up in front of me when I was trying to watch the game. Hence why I got annoyed.

Look I'm not trying to be a [censored] in all of this, so I apologize if I'm appearing to be rude. Nor am I trying to have a urinating contest (pardon the term) about anyone's devotion to the club.

I'm miserable, I can't shy away from it.

Today is yet another addition to the misery & failure we're forced to endure as supporters of the Melbourne Football Club. I've invested far too much emotion (and money) into the club to be tolerant of performances like today YET again.

I guess I'm being selfish in thinking the problem you faced today is rather minor in regards to my own emotional investment in the club. It simply kills me.

I'll leave it at that.

That couldn't have been completely unexpected Striker ;) ?!!!

Wasn't, but the fact that I was still vocal when it was clearly over probably was.

I must admit, I love that wherever I sit, when I get loud it tends to mean that those around me do as a result.

Wasn't, but the fact that I was still vocal when it was clearly over probably was.

I must admit, I love that wherever I sit, when I get loud it tends to mean that those around me do as a result.

Keep flying the flag buddy :) !!!

Look I'm not trying to be a [censored] in all of this, so I apologize if I'm appearing to be rude. Nor am I trying to have a urinating contest (pardon the term) about anyone's devotion to the club.

I'm miserable, I can't shy away from it.

Today is yet another addition to the misery & failure we're forced to endure as supporters of the Melbourne Football Club. I've invested far too much emotion (and money) into the club to be tolerant of performances like today YET again.

I guess I'm being selfish in thinking the problem you faced today is rather minor in regards to my own emotional investment in the club. It simply kills me.

I'll leave it at that.

Apologise too - thanks Beetle - appreciate it.

I complained a few years ago to the club regarding opposition supports in members' areas. The response was that to masimise revenue and attendance th club sold back unsold seats to the ticketing agency for reasale. Sitting in Tridents today doesn't seem to happen up there and looking across to the M14-15 GSS seemed to be all red and blue with empty seats around (albeit fewer than normal).

As for supporter behaviour, kinda getting over the poor form of some of our own members. I thought today we played to our game plan, albeit very poorly It's been a while since screaming KICK IT, was relevant at the football, we clearly play our best football through the corridor which means we need players forward or streaming forward of the ball. If you have major issues with the way the team is playing football, put pen to paper or finger to keyboard and hammer the football department, not my eardrums with your inane comments and abuse towards our players. There is a line and I heard it crossed a bit too often today.

Edited by Rich Demon