WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JACK VINEY

einstein251

I suggest our recruitment staff go over and have a friendly word with our GC friends and remind them of a couple of facts.

1. Viney wants to play for melbourne

2. If they nominate Viney they may get him but we MAY get him back, while he is a strong minded individual who said he would make melbourne pay, he may also just as easily change his mind once he goes to GC. So he may come back to Melbourne in two years time,

3. We would probably get Tippet if he falls into the draft if not Tippet then the 2nd best up and coming footballer in the country.

4. If they take our prime midfield choice then that means we would obviously have to find replacements, i.e. they have a couple of young very good midfielders that they are telling everyone to stay away from, what if we start making them really bit enticements to come to Melbourne, we would either get them or GC would need to pay overs to keep them.

GC know that if we want Viney we will have him, trying to put a spoil on us is only viable if they are prepared for melbourne to call their bluff. I think they run a bigger risk than we do calling him.

• Like 1

I'll be happy taking Jack at 3,pick 26 would be better but the Suns genuinely think he's the 2nd best player in the draft,so we get him at 3.and Wines at 4.

I'm not sold on Whitfield yet,just looks like another Dal Santo.

Hope Jack Viney runs through Morton in preseason

Honestly, the closer this gets, the less I think we'll let him slide. I was very much in favour of calling their bluff if they were to bid on him, but the kid is exactly what we need, and history has shown us time and time again that there is often very little different between the top half dozen or so in any given draft and you just can't tell who will be the best of the bunch. I say we need to take him regardless.

• Like 1

So over this, he will be Melbourne I can't believe that we have 2000 posts saying otherwise

It's fine, it's just we are making them think that we think that they think we know that they think we don't know what they think, and that we wont do what we might or might not do what they think we think we might do.

Everything will be fine... just fine.

• Like 4

So over this, he will be Melbourne I can't believe that we have 2000 posts saying otherwise

I don't think anyone is saying that are they? There is no chance in hell they'll let him go, but I'm afraid we won't get the bonus player.

PS You know the best thing about this draft? We don't have number one. So we won't have another playing that has half of Australia breathing down his neck like Watts and Scully have endured.

It's fine, it's just we are making them think that we think that they think we know that they think we don't know what they think, and that we wont do what we might or might not do what they think we think we might do.

Everything will be fine... just fine.

That sums it up for me..... Well spoken!

• Like 1

Well he hasn't placed on any of the top prospects so far and if you consider the common theme with every recruiter saying "we will go back and look at the results and form our decision based on the results" it means that he could well slip through. Only we have seen him. He has been protected. The only info they would have on him was last years effort which would be hard to make an informed decision

good mate of yours is he?

if he is a real soldier he will do exactly as he is told to do for the good of the club

You will love this kid.

No need for you to change your mind three times before he is 21 - he will convince you Rd 1, 2013.

• Like 1

It's funny. I was getting my back done today by a guy whom is the oakleigh chargers physio. He told me that jack was very good and was definitely top 10 however he mentioned a name of another guy whom he reckons would be the pick of the crop...can't remember what the name was but he said he was aboriginal..does anyone follow these clubs and inform me of who he was talking about?

You will love this kid.

No need for you to change your mind three times before he is 21 - he will convince you Rd 1, 2013.

well as I mentioned earlier, unlike simple folk I don't make judgements and stick by them despite the landscape changing right in front of me

tell me, when were you convinced by Cale Morton and Brock McLean, and are you still holding steady on that

probably a huge Bate and Miller fan also

Edited by Curry & Beer

PS You know the best thing about this draft? We don't have number one. So we won't have another playing that has half of Australia breathing down his neck like Watts and Scully have endured.

Let's think about all the media exposure this year shall we!

I've heard boo of Whitfield, and plenty of Viney. All this bluffing and hand wringing has created a monster. Again. So I do t think it's really the best thing, even though I have a bit of confidence in Jack handling anything thrown his way.

I don't always agree with Curry and Beer (aka stakka) in fact I never agree with him, but I'm glad we don't have the number one pick this year because we'd just pick the crowd favorite (Whitfield) and if he turns out to be less than perfect we'd cop it all over again.

Jack will burst on the scene and shut up those that want to put [censored] on the club and with Trenners, Jones, Tapscott and maybe Wines we will have some serious toughness at the club.

Number 3 has turned up some very good players over the years.

• Like 3

When they showed him on the TV he was just standing around eating with his mouth open.

It's that sort of lazy porker attitude that is going to cost him a top 3 place in this year's draft.

I just hope Neeld can really turn this kid around with his stinker of an attitude.

• Like 2