WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JACK VINEY

einstein251

So you misunderstand the mini-draft concept too?

Let me make it simple for you: the number 1 & 2 picks for NEXT year's draft can be selected this year in the mini-draft.

That should make the decision easy for you.

The strength and depth of the draft from year to year will never vary so much that the 23rd pick in one year has greater "value" than the 1st or 2nd pick the following year (of course, we cannot allow for the fact a Dane Swan can get selected at pick 50 odd and a Nat Fyfe can pop up at pick 22 - such are the anomalies of an inexact science).

Even if the selection is taken a year early - I think it is generally misunderstood how much the recruiters already know about the kids at that age.

Actually its the number 1 & 2 picks born between Jan - April (Forget what year)

could always be better players born in that year after April, though its still a pretty good bet that they ll be guns. Also there already saying next years draft could be another super-draft....

Guest José Mourinho

Actually its the number 1 & 2 picks born between Jan - April (Forget what year)

could always be better players born in that year after April, though its still a pretty good bet that they ll be guns. Also there already saying next years draft could be another super-draft....

I think you could be correct, but I conveniently ignored it in order to make a point.

I'm also not sure if that short window was correct this year - not sure the exact justification for it.

From the photo he looks like Morton on a diet -No more skinnny kids please .

Manchildren only.

Biff, Mortons problems aren't being skinny. Not going hard has nothing to do with Physical strength.

Ask Robbie Flower. Ask 'The Flea' Wilson. Ask Bartlett. Ask Weightman. Ask Shane Crawford.

No, size isn't Mortons weakness...

200px-C3PO.jpg

I think you could be correct, but I conveniently ignored it in order to make a point.

I'm also not sure if that short window was correct this year - not sure the exact justification for it.

pretty sure it does

so a third (eldest third) of those eligible for next years draft would be eligible for this years mini-draft

(assuming an equal distribution by birthdate)

Guest José Mourinho

The thing is, I'm not sure the difference is that pronounced between pick 2 & pick 7.

And we all know they develop a lot differently.

The only real question for me is: is Viney in that 2-7 range..?

i love the scenario...if gws or gc bid for jack viney...we automatically get pick 2 and 3 in the draft...based on the position we finish! booyah!

Possibly pick 1 & 2 of the mids, if whoever dosn't bid takes that high end ruckman first, which i think one of them is gunning for.

Guest KingDingAling

Vineys surely tanking, lol.

Hasnt done a lot.

Gee, Billings is VERY impressive, shame he is too young to be drafted.

I want us to draft Oliver Wines, Ive never been sold on a kid this much since Dustin Martin

tore it up for Country.

Yeah, annoying.

I'm still looking for #39 for Country (Stringer). He mustn't be playing?

Wines is #33?

Stringer's not playing... named as an emergency.

Yeah, annoying.

I'm still looking for #39 for Country (Stringer). He mustn't be playing?

Wines is #33?

Nope, named as emergency only.

That's what he's supposed to be wearing.......

Be interesting to see if Hrovat gets picked up. Doing a decent job, may be a little short?

Edit: Damn, hardtack beat me to it!

Edited by Dr. Mubutu

How can we simultaneously make "sweetheart" deals and have our bluff be taken seriously? On one hand we're saying "if you nominate him, we will pass- and on the other you're saying "please don't nominate him- look at these lovely gifts..."

I am interested in this level of devious you are tlaking about. explain..

Agree - it's one or the other with GWS.

We can get out in public and say we may not take him at 3 - that works a a smokescreen for any draft tampering allegations associated with a GWS deal - we weren't going to take him anyway if the value isn't there.

Big Tom Boyd for Metro looks a very likely KPF, albeit under age, three out of their seven goals so far.

Given Jack hasnt had a run for over a month, Im not surprised hes not dominating. Still, he has equal most tackles

so far and absolutely cleaned someone up in the centre square a few mins ago.

How can we simultaneously make "sweetheart" deals and have our bluff be taken seriously? On one hand we're saying "if you nominate him, we will pass- and on the other you're saying "please don't nominate him- look at these lovely gifts..."

I am interested in this level of devious you are tlaking about. explain..

GC and GWS will need an excuse for not nominating Viney. That's what we are giving them.

One can be they thought we would call their bluff so they went with who they thought was the best at that point in the draft instead of risking it.

So when we do a deal with them, they can hide behind this BS and get their money for nothing, their chicks for free, and we can get Viney in the second round.

daisycutter, its cold and the wind down the 'water slide' end in particular is causing havoc with some of the kicking for goal down that end..The scoreboard

innaccuracies reflect the conditions somewhat.

How the hell am I meant to prove my point when you conveniently ignore written rules?

Picks 1, 2 & 3 of next years draft are not necessarily on offer in the mini draft. Unless we know that what is available in this year's mini draft would most likely fill the top 3 spots next year, then it's no deal.

I fully inderstand it Jose, I think it's quite clear even for you to realise that, but rather than acknowledge that, you prefer to leave facts out to suit your argument. Poor form champ.

Hrovat and Wines.....very impressive.......Viney a great in and under player, was always on the bottom of the packs.....Also Calvin impressed me....

I want my M T V

Man Tackling Viney !!