Injury List - Round 6

Felix

After talking today to a colleague who knows the Scully family, I have a bad feeling about where he is at.

I know we don't want to start up again on the GWS scenario, but the word is he has signed with them, and now this extension of his unavailability looks suspicious.

Maybe he won't play another game with us.

If that happens what do we get in return? Another # 1 draft pick?

If his injury gets extended again then I would expect the papers to come out with more speculation about his future...

Also, what would the compensation be? #1, 2, 3. Surely MFC should receive a decent draft pick, its his second year at the club.

If that was true the club would have placed him on the long term injury list so they could promote another rookie.

Yes good point, dunno what's going on but I have a bad feeling about this. He will be a gun.

What a surprise, an injury list post which gets turned into a Scully is gone post.

Why do people have to keep peddling the same stuff when they have no idea.

I dont know if he is injured or signed to GWS but to simply speculate that he has gone becuase he is injured is pretty ludicrous.

After talking today to a colleague who knows the Scully family, I have a bad feeling about where he is at.

I know we don't want to start up again on the GWS scenario, but the word is he has signed with them, and now this extension of his unavailability looks suspicious.

Maybe he won't play another game with us.

If that happens what do we get in return? Another # 1 draft pick?

I would not panic about Scully. I once did exactly the same injury and unfortunently the only cure is rest. The problem with this injury is that after some rest your knee feels 100%...... that is until you go out and play at which time you re-injure yourself and you back 5 - 10 weeks. There is no way of telling until its too late, thats the problem. Scully is probably ready to go now, but the MFC is being very conservative making sure he is right. It was never going to be just 5 weeks. At some point they will play him. If he pulls up sore he will be sent for rest until January. I am certain GWS has nothing to do with this, and the word I am getting from the Connors Group (not his manager) is that he has not signed. Despite not being his manager I think it is likley they have a pretty good idea.

What a surprise, an injury list post which gets turned into a Scully is gone post.

Why do people have to keep peddling the same stuff when they have no idea.

I dont know if he is injured or signed to GWS but to simply speculate that he has gone becuase he is injured is pretty ludicrous.

without that there would be no forum.

If that was true the club would have placed him on the long term injury list so they could promote another rookie.

Theres a niggling flaw with this argument. Going by the current prognosis it means Tom is still out till at least round 12. So why hasn't he been put on the LTIL already? We have been told ad-nauseum that the club will not take and any chances with him and the club will err on the side of caution for his slow recovery. Why keep adding a couple of weeks to his absence after every couple of weeks? The club could easily have said early on he will be out for the minimum of 8 weeks to qualify for the LTIL and then been able to activate a rookie.

But I don't think that will ever happen even if he plays zero games this season. Putting him on the LTIL and then activating a rookie will raise uncomfortable legal complications akin to fraud for when Tom signs with GWS for millions after being on the LTIL.

It may be too late now to spruik for more membership so the club might as well come clean on this issue.

It has now come to the stage where this is now a face saving situation for both parties.

I imagine it goes something like this, "You pretend you are injured and we'll pretend to believe you".

Edited by america de cali

Theres a niggling flaw with this argument. Going by the current prognosis it means Tom is still out till at least round 12. So why hasn't he been put on the LTIL already? We have been told ad-nauseum that the club will not take and any chances with him and the club will err on the side of caution for his slow recovery. Why keep adding a couple of weeks to his absence after every couple of weeks? The club could easily have said early on he will be out for the minimum of 8 weeks to qualify for the LTIL and then been able to activate a rookie.

But I don't think that will ever happen even if he plays zero games this season. Putting him on the LTIL and then activating a rookie will raise uncomfortable legal complications akin to fraud for when Tom signs with GWS for millions after being on the LTIL.

What 'uncomfortable legal compllications akin to fraud'..?

Today's Round 7 injury list now has Tom at 4 weeks. So it's Round 11. McKenzie has 2 weeks again. It was "Test"..

Today's Round 7 injury list now has Tom at 4 weeks. So it's Round 11. McKenzie has 2 weeks again. It was "Test"..

And yet McKenzie is named in the Casey reserves side....

J.Mac named for Casey reserves :wacko:

AFL injury list = garbage put together by some work experience kid taking the [censored].

Well he should have been on the LTIL already then. 11 rounds going to be 22?

McKenzie has been named for Casey reserves this week so whatever injury list you speak of must be wrong.

edit: gee wizz beaten by a few mins

Edited by rhaz

Well he should have been on the LTIL already then. 11 rounds going to be 22?

McKenzie has been named for Casey reserves this week so whatever injury list you speak of must be wrong.

edit: gee wizz beaten by a few mins

Fair chance it might be wrong but anyway....Round 7 Injury List

Scully (knee) - 4 weeks

Campbell - (achilles) - 3 weeks

McKenzie (groin) - 2 weeks

Fair chance it might be wrong but anyway....Round 7 Injury List

Scully (knee) - 4 weeks

Campbell - (achilles) - 3 weeks

McKenzie (groin) - 2 weeks

Yep, McKenzie's definitely playing for the Casey reserves.

Other than that at least Scully's gone down by one week...

It may be too late now to spruik for more membership so the club might as well come clean on this issue.

It has now come to the stage where this is now a face saving situation for both parties.

I imagine it goes something like this, "You pretend you are injured and we'll pretend to believe you".

Interesting to see Tom on footage from the membership drive tonight, talking up new/old members.

In reality (given McKenzie and Campbell are both named for Casey 2s) it should read:

Scully (knee) - 4 weeks

Blease (Concussion) - 1 week

Strauss (kidney) - 2 weeks

Thats the way I read it, any others? Either way its an impressively small list.

Scully is the only one of our Best 22 not playing in any grade this weekend.

In reality (given McKenzie and Campbell are both named for Casey 2s) it should read:

Scully (knee) - 4 weeks

Blease (Concussion) - 1 week

Strauss (kidney) - 2 weeks

Thats the way I read it, any others? Either way its an impressively small list.

Scully is the only one of our Best 22 not playing in any grade this weekend.

I can't recall straight away the last time the list looked that small. ie. only one of our best 22 out injured.

Happy to be presented with a case many moons ago.